The Last of Us.

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: The Last of Us.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay so I got through that okay. The frustration the first time was the seemingly endless waves of infected compared to my low inventory of ammo. And also the fact that this group of infected isn't fooled by stealth. They're very active and aggressive. This time around I was fully stocked with health and ammo so I murderized them one by one, first laying down nail bombs, then throwing molotov cocktails, then a few strikes bit a bat here and there, and the rest with the stubby shotgun and such.
So then I was reunited with Elle and Henry, we ran and were backed onto a room. The kids climbed out a window and were gonna work on opening the locked door from the outside. And so me and Henry then got inundated with infected motherfuckers. Wasn't so bad, though. I was still well stocked and so made short work of them. Also I kept an eye on the door. On my first playthrough, I killed each and every infected, every last one. Then I turned around and I was like, "What the fuck?! How long has this goddamn door been open?!!!" This time, as soon as the door opened, I split. Fuck that. No use wasting ammo. Especially not with the next bit coming up...
The next bit being that asshole with the sniper rifle shooting from the third story window as I had to make my way down the row of houses in an effort to sneak up on him from behind. And then use his sniper rifle to pick off the horde of assholes attacking my friends, and finally the dickwad in the tank.
Now that's sorted. Sam turned, Henry killed him, then shot himself. Pretty powerful stuff for a video game.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:23 am

Well I got up to the part where Joel gets himself impaled, dumb ass that he is, and Elle takes him away on horseback. Then the scene changes and Elle is hunting that buck. I know what comes next: she meets Mr Creepypants. I didn't really feel like going through all that shit again, so I packed the game up. It's off in the mail tomorrow to my ebay buyer.

One thing I just figured out how to do, very late in the game, was upgrade my health (among other things). I, uh..never looked to see what that stuff was before :oops:

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:22 am

This might interest one or two of you... :whistle:

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/08/18/ ... art-2-doh/
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 am

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:18 pm

So I got The Last of Us again on PS4 because I felt guilty about playing a pirated version on a chipped PS3 the last time.
Well, that and the PS4 version has all the DLC bundled in and only cost a 10 when i traded in a game and I'd never got to play the multiplayer the last time because I was on the naughty PS3. :shifty:

The graphics are even more amazing than they were with lots of nice new effects, higher textures, higher resolution and, most game-changingly, 60fps. This game is butter smooth now.

The single player DLC is brilliant. I didn't think they could make the game any better, but they have.

And the multiplayer is a great change of pace to the usual COD and BF as you sneak around, grabbing materials, crafting items, and generally try to get the drop on your opponents. Running and gunning will have you dead in no time as your movements show up instantly (though running to be bait for your team-mates for ambush purposes can be fun). Really tense and nerve-shredding stuff.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.