Fooking Patches :lay:

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Fooking Patches :lay:

Post by Azathoth » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 pm

It drives me up the fucking wall when you spend a few hours downloading a game and when you click start you have to wait another cunting hour for the fucker to patch. UPDATE YOUR FUCKING DOWNLOAD WITH THE PATCHED VERSION YOU PRICKS!!!! :irate: :irate: :irate: :irate: :irate:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: Fooking Patches :lay:

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:14 am

The important thing is they're helping you quit smoking.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

amused
amused
About me: Reinvention phase initiated

Post by amused » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:26 am

It's not just games, I have some high dollar graphics software that did the same thing. I guess they don't know how to build the program except by adding the patches until the next major release? :dunno:

dj357
Jehovah's Nemesis
About me: absurdly creative twat

Post by dj357 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah, I feel this... I went to play Star Trek Online there yesterday after downloading 10 entire GIGAbytes of files for the freaking thing and then finally once it was downloaded and installed, I fired it up and the stupid launcher decides to spend 45 minutes downloading and patching almost 1GB of files. I stalked away as calmly as possible and killed some pasta with fire...
"what good is something if you can't have it until you die..." - Greg Graffin
"in meinem Himmel gibt's keinen Gott!" - Till Lindemann
http://dj357.wordpress.com/ - my views on stuff
http://www.facebook.com/sinisterdivideband - my metal band