Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

Post by tattuchu » Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Went through the Gerudo Great Guardian thingy Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Got to the boss battle. Passed Stage 1 of the fight. Stage 2 entials quite a lot of lightning :ddpan:
Time to upgrade my rubber outfit and return later :sigh:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Completed all the Divine Beasts. The Gerudo one, Divine Beast Vah Naboris, was the most difficult for me, but mostly because of having to go through the Yiga clan hideout first. I found it impossible to sneak by all the assholes, even with my fully upgraded sneak suit. I know I was meant to use the bananas to distract them somehow, but I couldn't figure out how. You can't throw the bananas, and placing them in position would require me to reveal myself anyway :ddpan: So while I made it past the first two guards, I eventually got spotted in the big room of assholes. And those big dudes with the windcleaver blades are TOUGH (at least when you encounter them directly in the hideout -- afterwards, not so much). Pretty much one hit from these big boys and I'm dead. And my resurrection ability is gone when I'm in the Yiga hideout. Not cool.

So after getting spotted, I ran around the rom, certain I'd die. But then I climbed a ladder,sat in a little cubbyhole where no one could get to me, and killed all the assholes with bombs and bomb arrows. And I lived :shock:

But then came that boss battle. This giant douchebag wouldn't let me get near him. Okay, fine. So I shot his ass with bomb arrows. which worked fine until the second stage of the battle when he had a goddamned forcefield. Nothing I threw at him would hurt him. The big boulders he threw at me were easy enough to dodge, but WTF?

... until finally it dawned on my dumb ass that I could grab them with my magnesis ability and whack him with them. And then problem sorted. Took me long enough.

A far as disabling Divine Beast Vah Naboris to the point where I could board it, that was a giant pain in the balls. I didn't have the complete rubber suit at this point, so I had to stay within my partner's protective circle. Only she would never get close enough for me to finish off the last of the Beast's feet :ddpan: I had to stray outside the protective circle multiple times,got struck with electricity, got knocked off my sand walrus, and the back on for another go... and another... and another. Finally got it done after much frustrated cursing.

For the boss battle once I'd gone through the Divine Beast, again, I found the second stage of the battle absolutely impossible... until my dumb ass figured out what to do. Still, even then, it remained impossible until I got the rest of the rubber suit and made myself immune to lightning attacks.

I suppose, alternately, I could've taken some kind of potion or whatever to increase my resistance to electricity. But I never thought of that at the time because I'm a dumbass :ddpan:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Sounds like you are having fun! One of the great things about the game is the multiple ways there are of doing stuff.

The bananas do work with the guards btw. You drop them behind one and when he turns to get them you clobber him. Fiddly but it works. Also there’s a network of beams above the guards you can scuttle around.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 am

So Ganondoofus was surprisingly easy to beat. The only problem I had was when Zelda gave me her special bow to use... and it did NOTHING. Until I realized it wasn't equipped and that I had to manually equip it :ddpan:

Now I don't know what to do. I think I found all the shrines. There were only two that I wasn't able to complete. There are about 30 or so side quests hat it looks like I haven't discovered yet. Not sure they're really worth the trouble of seeking out. I also have loads of Korok turds I could find. My weapon slots are maxed out, though, and that was always my main concern. I suppose I could carry on upgrading the few remaining clothing items that still aren't upgraded.

Rum, which outfit do you like to wear? I always wear the ancient armor set (unless temperature forces me to wear something else) :ask:

I wonder if I should purchase the DLC package. Is it worth buying? :ask:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Once I had completed the game I set about some of the side quests which I had missed, but to be honest I found that a little boring, especially as some of the rewards were less than exciting. So I just played the game from scratch again, knowing how to make the most of stuff- elixirs, what to buy and sell and so on. I enjoyed it more the second time I think..

The one weakness in the game in my view is that once you are powerful enough to complete the game you are more or less invulnerable. I’m not sure what they could have done about that though. It does mean if you go back and do missed side quests any baddies are just a breeze.

I wore the warrior armour (if I recall its name correctly). I was never quite sure if the ancient armour was effective against non ancient baddies.

The DLC packs are fun but mostly sudden death challenges . Worth it but don’t expect too much.

Actually the other weakness of the game is it spoils you for pretty much any other console or PC game!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Actually the other weakness of the game is it spoils you for pretty much any other console or PC game!
Dark Souls did that to me. Especially for RPG. I played Skyrim after DS and I found it unplayable with its rubbish combat despite everyone raving about it.

Only a few games (including BOTW) I've thoroughly enjoyed to completion after Dark Souls once the standard had been risen. Try this next. Epic in every way.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

I’ve got Divinity on my PC. Played it a bit, but I’ve not really engaged with it. I find the multiple quests and having so many goals at the same time confusing. I should try again though - haven’t played a game in months now.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Then try Dark Souls. No quests. Just survive.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm

BOTW sequel.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm missing a shrine, it seems, somewhere. I say this because I'm left with 3 orbs. And I'm assuming the game would give me an even number in order to obtain one final upgrade. But I've no idea where the last shrine might be, assuming there is one. I even looked at a map online in desperation :cry:

In other news, I now have a motorcycle :?

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 pm

There are 120 shrines.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am

Detroit. Why can't games always be like this?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:21 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am
Detroit. Why can't games always be like this?
Looks intriguing but the average reviews give it 8. Breath of the Wild universally got 10!

So there! :biggrin:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:56 am

Playing Detroit right now. Even Susan, who usually hates my games, is engrossed.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am

Told ya.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT