Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

Post by tattuchu » Mon May 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Okay so I'm playing Breath of the Wild and I'm coming across a fair few animals — various birds, frogs, squirrels, salamanders, wild boars, foxes, etc. Am I meant to kill them? I hope I'm not meant to kill them. I don't like killing animals :oops:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon May 06, 2019 1:51 pm

tattuchu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:35 pm
Okay so I'm playing Breath of the Wild and I'm coming across a fair few animals — various birds, frogs, squirrels, salamanders, wild boars, foxes, etc. Am I meant to kill them? I hope I'm not meant to kill them. I don't like killing animals :oops:
You can kill and eat pretty much everything Tat. They are only pixels! You can make magic potions with some as well. :hehe:

..also, cook the animals you kill. There are fires with a cooking pot here and there. They give you more hearts. Without giving too much away, combinations work wonders.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm

So I'm killing the animals with abandon now :hehe:

Although I really don't know what to do in the game, in general, at the moment. Right now I'm just exploring, looking for temples. The temples are pretty fun, and are getting progressively more challenging. I've beat most of the ones I've found so far, though a few leave me mystified.

The reason I want to do the temples is so I can use the orbs I obtain to improve my health and stamina. I avoid many of the enemies I come across because I'm too weak to fight them. Occasionally I'll find a totally awesome weapon, which helps immensely... but the weapons never last long before breaking :ddpan:

What the fuckis with the Blood Red Moon? Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a normal part of the game that I simply die periodically for no apparent reason? :ddpan:

I want to go back up to the beginning area, where I was before I had the hang glider. Can I do that? Wasn't there a tower there I could conceivably fat-travel to? I can't find it on the map :(

How do I defeat the mechanical spider thingies that come alive?They piss me off. One zap from them and I'm fucking dead. If I shoot them in the eye, they're disabled... but only for a short time. Not enough time to do anything.
Similarly, I've encountered these huge sleeping Snorlax-like creatures. Once I engage with them, I can shoot them in the eye and they'll sit down on their ass, stunned. I'll run in and get a few hits. But then they're up again. And I can't get far enough away after that to stand and aim another shot at their eye because they chase me. And it doesn't help that when I'm aiming the bow, it fucking waves around, never holding still :ddpan:

I hate lightning. One lightning strike and I'm dead. And zappy enemies that use lightning energy attacks... same :ddpan:

I hate the spooky forest. That mist doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. Somehow, I made it through to the big-ass tree... and the sword that I want but can't yet get :ddpan:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 10, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm playing Medieval II Total War... enjoying it moderately too, I just won a (ok , easy) game and am trying a different country (Scotland) for a longer, more difficult campaign.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

(Edit: response, obviously,to Tat’s last).

Ok, I’ll Try to respond in order, but I’ll hold back on the stuff it will be more fun for you to discover yourself.

Exploring is fun and for me a central part of the game. I still find new stuff messing around despite completing the game twice. The temples are where you get your orbs as you say. Make sure health and stamina both go up until you are really strong. Not enough stamina makes climbing a pain. You probably know that you can fast travel between temples you have solved.

All weapons break. It is a pain. There are some you get through quests later though that come with a method of repair if you take the required items to the quest giver.

The ‘blood red moon’ is simply the game respawning/resetting. All the monsters and their dens are restored from fresh - simples.

You can go back to the start area of the game via fast travel to the nearest temple. You’ll find it. Keep looking.

The mechanical spider things are more or less invincible until you get ‘ancient’ armour and weapons, quite a way into the game. There’s a ‘lab’ where that happens. Will say no more, but you have to trade stuff for them. In the mean time it is fun trying to dodge the bastards! I found them actually scary at times!

Lightning is avoided by removing metal armour and weapons. Wooden ones will have to do temporarily. Later on in the game there is a suit of rubber armour...will say no more.

The only way with the spooky forest is patience. I charted my route with markers zooming right in, so when I got chucked out I could get near that spot and start from there. It took me a couple of evenings. It isn’t random. There is a route. Worth it for the sword!

Love this game - possible my favourite all time one in fact. Hope you love it too - seems like it!
Last edited by Rum on Fri May 10, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Yep. One of the best games ever made.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 pm

I have this on Steam (where it currently has a user score of 10/10) but it looks neat on the Switch where it uses the touch screen!

Highly addictive stuff.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Fri May 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

The mechanical spider things are more or less invincible until you get ‘ancient’ armour and weapons, quite a way into the game. There’s a ‘lab’ where that happens. Will say no more, but you have to trade stuff for them. In the mean time it is fun trying to dodge the bastards! I found them actually scary at times!

Love this game - possible my favourite all time one in fact. Hope you love it too - seems like it!
Ah, cool. I've been to the lab (Hateno), if that's the one you're talking about. I'll need to go back there.
And fuck yeah I love it.

On a side note, Nintendo has some very interesting games for sale in their store. I just purchased a game called Burly Men at Sea :hehe:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm

tattuchu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Ah, cool. I've been to the lab (Hateno), if that's the one you're talking about. I'll need to go back there.
And fuck yeah I love it.

On a side note, Nintendo has some very interesting games for sale in their store. I just purchased a game called Burly Men at Sea :hehe:
No it isn’t at Hateno. You will have to have explored quite a lot further afield.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Tue May 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm
No it isn’t at Hateno. You will have to have explored quite a lot further afield.
Yeah, found it. Got a shield and some arrows. Don't have money/items for anything else just yet.

Managed to unlock the entire map!

Also managed to finally get the Master Sword... though it was a little disappointing.

Also freed one of the Great Beasts (if that what they're called -- can't remember) from Ganon's control, the elephant.

The big centaurs (Lynel) really piss me off. Them seem absolutely impossible to beat. And I think I need a hoof from one of them (I'm assuming) to give to leaf-face at the top of the Great Deku Tree.

Speaking of leaf-face, I'm still wondering what to do with all these Korok seeds I'm collecting from them :ddpan:

Right now I'm in one of the labyrinths. I seem to have covered the entire thing but still can't find my way to the shrine :cry:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 pm

The seeds increase the slots in your inventory so you can carry more weapons and armour. You have to hand them in to Hestu, who as I recall is in the same location as the master sword.

Lynels are a bugger but as you get stronger they can be killed. Mini-spoiler- at your strongest in the game nothing much can kill you.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 pm

I'm in the castle! I didn't know I could even get in the castle yet but I'm in the castle! I don't think I'm supposed to be in the castle yet!

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu May 23, 2019 2:20 pm

These zebra Lynels are making me mad :sulk:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 pm

The Lynels are tougher than the divine beast bossesI think, though the fights are a lot shorter. If you aren’t a match you are dead pretty much immediately.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Fri May 24, 2019 10:19 pm

I have eight open slots for clothing items. Where are all these missing clothing items?? :think: