Sylvia Plath's Son Takes Own Life

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: Sylvia Plath's Son Takes Own Life

Post by FBM » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 am

Red Katie wrote:I have run with the black dog myself, for years at a time, sometimes. I've even plotted out how to kill myself so my heirs don't lose. But I never made a serious gesture to do it. I always wanted to see what would happen next. And when my parents threw me out and I had to sell my ass on the street, I was never even tempted to turn to drugs. I don't know what it is. Some of us got it and some of us ain't, I guess.
I reckon. One good thing about life; if you hang around long enough, things will change. I wasn't thrown out of my family. I got the hell out of there as soon as I was able to feed myself and never looked back. I didn't even wait until I could afford housing. I went voluntarily homeless for a while just to get away ASAP. Anyway, the important thing is that you and I are still around to swap stories about it, eh? :td:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Red Katie
Chief Muff Muncher

Re: Sylvia Plath's Son Takes Own Life

Post by Red Katie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:41 am

Yeah. Life is good.
"Her eye was on the sparrow. Her mind was on the dove,
But no one cared and no one dared to speak to her of love.
Her eyes are always hooded. Her claws are sharp as steel.
We teach her not to see too much. We teach her not to feel."