Podcasts

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Podcasts

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:05 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:22 pm
It is pro-Trump however, so I'm sure many of you can't listen to it.
Many? Says he who is repeatedly mislead by right wing sources. :roll:

I do read information provided by right wing sources. When accurate and relevant I have quoted them in the past.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Like ex-secret service?

He has an interesting story about a recently dismissed charge (by Barr)

Give it (his most recent podcast) a listen if you like, but I have to tell you, with his experience, contrasted with your identified bias, (you said, I think, you don't have much bias) he sounds like a more trustworthy source.

I have a tough time believing anyone who can't seem to see their own bias.

I don't know if he is correct or now (time WILL tell, for some of the items), but I do feel confident that most with a leftie bias will immediately look for a way to attack his character, rather than any facts he offerd, or opinions he shared.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 pm
you said, I think, you don't have much bias
You think wrong. I never said anything like it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm

My mistake. With your bias unknown, I'll wait to consider your opinion on Mr. B's podcast.

Or maybe you'll just find something you enjoy focusing on more. Like some Cunt on the internet lol
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm
My mistake. With your bias unknown, I'll wait to consider your opinion on Mr. B's podcast.
In my opinion podcasts that span an hour may well be entertaining, but as an initial source for information they are approximately 30 to 40 minutes too long. And yes, that applies regardless of who the speakers are. Believe me, I have peremptorily switched off the insufferable prattling of plenty of presenters, whose general drift you might suspect I am sympathetic to, just a few minutes into their much longer spiel.

My personal preference is for 5 to 15 minute chunks. That usually gives me enough to follow up for more detail from a variety of sources - some of which could then be lengthy - should I be interested in the topic at hand.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:50 am

Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm
In my opinion podcasts that span an hour may well be entertaining, but as an initial source for information they are approximately 30 to 40 minutes too long. And yes, that applies regardless of who the speakers are. Believe me, I have peremptorily switched off the insufferable prattling of plenty of presenters, whose general drift you might suspect I am sympathetic to, just a few minutes into their much longer spiel.

My personal preference is for 5 to 15 minute chunks. That usually gives me enough to follow up for more detail from a variety of sources - some of which could then be lengthy - should I be interested in the topic at hand.
One of the podcasts advertises a service which condenses and summarizes longer works, for review.

Some are well worth the whole ride. Joe Rogan interviewed an elder muschroom researcher, who had amazing stories, true skill at telling them, and a hat made of mushrooms.

He made some deep and creepy (yet unavoidable) points about mushrooms that I still think about.

Bongino has the rough idea that Barr dismissed the charges against (Reps would call him a badguy) who was caught lying to congress about something. His idea was that, since Barr is trying to get some more significant process crimes dismissed (Stone, Flynn, one or two others maybe) he doesn't want to be seen to be pursuing them against the 'other side'.

He said plenty of other stuff, some of it maybe true, but I did enjoy hearing him reminisce about his previous job, and how much he would have enjoyed taking a lap at Daytona with the Presidential Limo. Fuck man, I even saw a photo of Melania grinning.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Mike Rowe just told a great story about an historical fight between politicians. Broadswords in a pit was the choice of duel venue. I was surprised to learn who the tough-guy 'Rebecca' was.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Bongino (The Dan Bongino Show) had better not be right, or the Dem supporters are about to be very disappointed in their own leadership.

Of course, I doubt they'll notice...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:55 pm

I don't know the dude's name, but his podcast 'Essential Craftsman' is one I found when watching framing videos on youtube (recommend Larry Haun as well, for classing framing video)

https://essentialcraftsman.com/podcast

He is learning blacksmithing, teaching framing, and mucking around with family. Good listen.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Just a reminder - if you can only focus for 10 or 15 minutes, TV and mainstream media will give you small, palatable bites.

If you want to learn something more deeply, it takes more time. This isn't in dispute, important lectures are seldom that short.

Also, with podcasts being available in 'found time' means that we can listen to subjects of interest, in 'found time', and learn things our parents could NEVER afford to learn.

If you prefer the small snippets though, maybe the TV execs were right when they suggested our attention span was very small.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Dave Rubin has a good interview with Richard Grenell.

Still listening, but I had not really thought about how difficult it is for Germany to talk about, or take the 'lead'. (look up the German word for 'leader' if you don't know what he was on about)

Anyway, be interesting to hear him talk about his experience with the UN.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Joe Rogan just posted an interview (over 2 hours) with Brian Greene, who is apparently a mathsy sort. Looking forward to checking it out later.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 am

Do you have a job? Not judging, I was unemployed for a long time recently.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am

Not now, but there is plenty of 'listening time' available during most workdays. Also commutes, household chores.

It's a hot subject now, that TV was convinced we humans couldn't focus for long, so they kept things shallow.

Humans binging the whole 'Game of Thrones' series puts the lie to that, firmly.

Folks have been enjoying long form discussion between smart fuckers. Joe is a lot smarter than you would think, but never acts smart. He acts interested (probably IS interested) in his guests, and lots of them are pretty smart.

I think it was Hermit earlier (or maybe someone like him) who said they didn't have much interest in longer form stuff, that a 5 or 15 minute thing was good. It stuck with me because some of these ideas wouldn't fit into 5 - 20 minutes.

His guest today was a physicist, who wanted to ramble about quantum kookery. Glad I listened, even if I didn't 'learn anything'. Interesting cat, Mr. Greene.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:41 am

Joe Rogan is clearly intelligent and asks really good questions. But then he goes on a rant about some conspiracy theory. What I find strange is that he's allegedly a stand-up comic. He's not funny, though.. :dunno:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.