Podcasts

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Podcasts

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 am

His earnings would probably indicate you are in the minority there.

He IS very smart, but his genius is in hosting and drawing out people.

His talk with Roseanne Barr was sensitive. His talk with an aging Mike Tyson was pretty incredible. They were icons in my young years, and now I get a bit better picture of their humanity. That alone was cool.

He shared a doobie with Elon Musk. AND hours of chatting.
The Twitter CEO, Bari Weiss, Sanders, one or three other candidates, Alex Jones and others.

When you say he rants about conspiracy theories, he has a lot more right than most. He hosted a show for a few years called 'Joe Rogan Questions Everything', which he stopped and said he didn't like it anymore. People were fucked more often than capricous.

He also asks how many conspiracy theories have turned out to be true.

Which were you dismissing as 'conspiracy theory', and would it be cool, or upsetting, to learn that he was right and you were wrong about it being a 'conspiracy theory'?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am
I think it was Hermit earlier (or maybe someone like him) who said they didn't have much interest in longer form stuff
That's not what I said. Looks like you can't handle a comment that takes a minute to read.

Here is what I did say. Note the highlighted words. They make it crystal clear that you didn't get the message.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm
In my opinion podcasts that span an hour may well be entertaining, but as an initial source for information they are approximately 30 to 40 minutes too long. And yes, that applies regardless of who the speakers are. Believe me, I have peremptorily switched off the insufferable prattling of plenty of presenters, whose general drift you might suspect I am sympathetic to, just a few minutes into their much longer spiel.

My personal preference is for 5 to 15 minute chunks. That usually gives me enough to follow up for more detail from a variety of sources - some of which could then be lengthy - should I be interested in the topic at hand.
By the way, I have not watched TV since the Adelaide 500 - in 2017 or 2018, but I finished re-reading Bradstow - A Study of Class and Power in a Small Town a couple of weeks ago. Bradstow is R.A.Wild's pseudonym for Bowral, a very conservative community. He did the study in 1972. The book was published two years later. I suspect not much has changed since then except for the fact that its pride an joy, Australian icon and cricket legend Don Bradman has died in 2001. Out on 92.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Hermit wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am
I think it was Hermit earlier (or maybe someone like him) who said they didn't have much interest in longer form stuff
That's not what I said. Looks like you can't handle a comment that takes a minute to read.

Here is what I did say. Note the highlighted words. They make it crystal clear that you didn't get the message.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm
In my opinion podcasts that span an hour may well be entertaining, but as an initial source for information they are approximately 30 to 40 minutes too long. And yes, that applies regardless of who the speakers are. Believe me, I have peremptorily switched off the insufferable prattling of plenty of presenters, whose general drift you might suspect I am sympathetic to, just a few minutes into their much longer spiel.

My personal preference is for 5 to 15 minute chunks. That usually gives me enough to follow up for more detail from a variety of sources - some of which could then be lengthy - should I be interested in the topic at hand.
Yeah, it was a forgettable comment, and I misremembered. Good of you to clarify.

With me, I used to have TV (up until about 12 years ago) playing even if I didn't closely follow it. More recently, movies (on disc) or such playing, background noise.

I've replaced that with podcasts, so I don't mind giving them more time. There are plenty of entertaining bits to rival any other media (there are millions of reasons Joe Rogan is so popular, only some of them are his guests)

By the way, I have not watched TV since the Adelaide 500 - in 2017 or 2018, but I finished re-reading Bradstow - A Study of Class and Power in a Small Town a couple of weeks ago. Bradstow is R.A.Wild's pseudonym for Bowral, a very conservative community. He did the study in 1972. The book was published two years later. I suspect not much has changed since then except for the fact that its pride an joy, Australian icon and cricket legend Don Bradman has died in 2001. Out on 92.
Yeah, interesting conversations can happen nearly everywhere, except around cricket.

This morning, I'll take in the latest 'Strength Running' podcast, which is an interview with a guy who says 'it's really hard to run too much'.

Of course there is a limit, but it takes a lot of time and patience to reach that level.

His name is Doug Hay, he runs 'No Meat Athlete Radio' and he talks about how he started his running career, in 2012.

Strength Running's host is Jason Fitzgerald, and he was first recommended to me by our Towns highest-performing trail-ultra runner and at least average physician.

That guy pulled me over while I was running a few years ago, to introduce himself and tell me he had heard about me. I felt like a celebrity.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Today's 'Essential Craftsman' podcast looks interesting.

They interview an old crane operator.

If you like construction, you'll enjoy it. The host is no Larry Huan, but he's pretty damned good at building.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:38 pm

An interesting podcast (I'm taking the audio version in now) of Ben Shapiro interviewing A. Dershowitz.

https://www.dailywire.com/episode/ep-85-alan-dershowitz

He talks about his book, and how it was going to be in defense of Clinton, until she lost and he re-titled it to defend Trump.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Sargon of Akkad was complaining about the Home Office witholding a report.

I understand that the stuff Tommy Robinson said was a racist and a hatespeech, but this report would be fair and balanced, being from the Home Office.

There is a petition to release it. I hope they do, so that folks can stop listening to hatespeechers about this issue, and find out the untainted facts.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Weinstein just posted a new episode of 'The Portal', where he discusses his contact with, and knowledge of, Jeffery Epstein, and his vanished accomplice.

And the near total lack of interest by the institution of investigative journalism.

For some reason, the episode (#25: The Construct) isn't showing, but here is his podcast channel
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/th ... Lu4EVw9ev/

Maybe you can find it on your local
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:33 am

He had very interesting things to say about that Epstein chap. Sure hope he doesn't get 'Epsteined' for posting that.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Currently on deck - Stephen Elliot fighting back against false rape accusations. https://femsplainers.com/

Public feminists should probably not listen. Old drinky ladies shooting the shit is probably a hatespeak.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Mike Rowe, who has some great, short podcasts, has been orderd to 'shelter in place', after his Vegas trip. He says he doesn't mind.

https://mikerowe.com/podcast/
Episode 153: An Offer They Couldn't Refuse
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:00 pm

The Femsplainers just engaged in one of the 'white guilt' dinners, but the presenter ditched after being asked about her offered 'facts'.

Hilarious!

It's called 'Worst Party Ever', but it isn't up on their main site yet. https://femsplainers.com/

Their previous episode was good too, but both are problematic, if you want to maintain your 'leftie' chops.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:05 pm

The Portal 27 - Daniel Schmachtenberger - On Avoiding Apocolypses
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/ ... hology-101

A great tale of hoarders, and how art collections are sketchy and weird.

This Gladwell fellow is pretty easy to listen to.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 pm

This sounds promising.

https://thejoeroganexperience.net/joe-r ... weinstein/

Bret Weinstein was a biology professor at Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. He is now hosting “Bret Weinstein’s Dark Horse Podcast” available on Apple Podcasts and YouTube. @Bret Weinstein
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:50 am

You do realise that you're talking to yourself here?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4