What is the wrongest book you own?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

What is the wrongest book you own?

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 am

It's hard for me to find any. I got rid of the ridiculous ones and put post it notes over the mistakes in all the rest.

Plus I tossed the Gideon's Bible I got and paid a dollar for at a charity sale.
:prof:
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: What is the wrongest book you own?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 am

I have some CTer books on Pearl Harbor.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 am

My wife still has the bible she owned from when she was a kid. I keep it upside-down on our bookshelf.

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 am

100 Days of Sodom
The Holy Bible

Hard to tell which is more depraved...
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Post by Kristie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Although I strongly disagree, most people would say the wrongest book I own is 50 Shades of Grey!

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:47 am

I have something which I cannot recall the title of, but it is something like "The Encyclopedia for the Modern Housewife."

It was published in the late forties and is outrageously unknowingly sexist, racist and just downright wrong. Though it's got some fucking knockout recipes and tips for cleaning and home maintenance.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am

About 10 years ago one of those discount book stores was closing down and they were virtually giving stuff away. I bought as much as I could carry, and I think I paid about 25p for this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pandoras-Sexual ... 842220349/

So I suppose as usual I was way ahead of the curve now that that kind of thing is fashionable :tea:
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 am

The dictionary of euphemism obscenity and taboo.

Thanks pappa for recommending it i already have got alot of fun it already reading it aloud to my family. :biggrin: :funny:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:15 am

Ian wrote:My wife still has the bible she owned from when she was a kid. I keep it upside-down on our bookshelf.
:lol:

I had a seriously wrong fiction book once by a supposedly respected crime writer. I donated it to charity.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer

Post by Thinking Aloud » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am

An embarrassingly large number of these. They're all equally wrong, except the ones that are wronger by virtue of translation.
P1030682.JPG

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Thinking Aloud wrote:An embarrassingly large number of these. They're all equally wrong, except the ones that are wronger by virtue of translation.
P1030682.JPG
I don't understand why people need more than one but i have being told the good news bible is particularly crap.I read the new international version i find it the easiest to read and understand.
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm

There is a Patrick Holford book somewhere in the library. Vitamin quack and fave target of Ben Goldacre.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Aha, have located Gideon new testicle. These were given away to teens. A kind of King James.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Tero wrote:Aha, have located Gideon new testicle. These were given away to teens. A kind of King James.
I never understood why the gideons didn't give out bibles with both testaments in them to most christians they're kinda important. :?

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm

redunderthebed wrote:
Tero wrote:Aha, have located Gideon new testicle. These were given away to teens. A kind of King James.
I never understood why the gideons didn't give out bibles with both testaments in them to most christians they're kinda important. :?
They do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideons
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”