Subversive reading

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Subversive reading

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:11 am

I haz it :awesanta:

Got
Essential works of lenin
Early writings of marx

in the mail
The anarchist cookbook
Das Kapital
Communist manifesto and a collection of revolutionary writings
Guerilla Warfare by Che Guevara

Not to mention a comrade of mine is going to send some books over. :awesanta:

I should put the kettle on for the cops i think i heard a knock on the door. :leave:
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Cormac

Re: Subversive reading

Post by Cormac » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:26 am

If you really want to be subversive, read thongs that challenge your worldview.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:37 am

Cormac wrote:If you really want to be subversive, read thongs that challenge your worldview.
Suggestions?
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:41 am

redunderthebed wrote:
Cormac wrote:If you really want to be subversive, read thongs that challenge your worldview.
Suggestions?

Hmmm. Not so much reading as admiring in "thongs" - bloody smartphone.

Well, critiques of Marx and Lenin would be a good place to start.

Guevara is on record as advocating the murder of innocents in order to achieve his aims. So, picking out some criticisms of him too would be good.

Panegyrics and promotional materials tend to give a one sided view, and to give the impression of a great deal more certainty about "truth" thanay actually be warranted.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 am

redunderthebed wrote: Communist manifesto and a collection of revolutionary writings
Got it in the mail it has i think cormac would approve it has writings from all different authors everything from bakunin to thomas paine and pretty much everything in between.

Who would of though the writings of lassalle vaclav havel marx lenin and the founding fathers would be in the same book?

An absolute treasure ive found methinks. :D

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:23 am

Nice one! I've just recently got some commie and anarchist books. Haven't had time to crack most of them open yet.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Nice one! I've just recently got some commie and anarchist books. Haven't had time to crack most of them open yet.
I must admit i have read very little about anarchism and i'am throughly looking forward to it.

Look on www.bookdepository.co.uk - There is shitloads of commie and anarchist books on there the one that just arrived cost me the grand sum of $5. 8-)

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 am

What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 am

For something truly subversive:

Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

"Fooled by Randomness"
"Black Swan"

...and his new book, the name of which escapes me for the moment, bug which I'm reading. It is all about Anti-Fragility.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 am

Cormac wrote:For something truly subversive:

Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

"Fooled by Randomness"
"Black Swan"

...and his new book, the name of which escapes me for the moment, bug which I'm reading. It is all about Anti-Fragility.
I've been wanting to read him for a while. And I have Barnes & Noble gift cards! :awesanta:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

Robert_S wrote:
Cormac wrote:For something truly subversive:

Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

"Fooled by Randomness"
"Black Swan"

I've been wanting to read him for a while. And I have Barnes & Noble gift cards! :awesanta:

They'll tell you a lot about why banking regulation failed and will continue to fail.

They'll also give a good grounding as to why the leading political ideologies are incapable of achieving their goals.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

You're my wife now!

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard

Post by redunderthebed » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 am

Got my copies of anarchist cookbook and das kapital. :tut:

I'm seriously thinking of buying copies of mein kampf and the quran both books that should challenge my views of the world. :ddpan: