oh how I hate editing posts, so why not join me at it

fleamailman

Re: oh how I hate editing posts, so why not join me at it

Post by fleamailman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 am

repost from elsewhere

"...great, so on the Internet I am anonymous, whereas in real life I am invisible..." voiced the goblin in the late hour before his bath and bed, outside the fallen rain had cooled the sleeping city of geneva into it's dark sparkling droning silence like night's embers to the day's fire, "...so what justification is needed to post here beyond the wish to know what I can post pure and simple..." asked the goblin of himself

10 75 475

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was feeling better, but he understood that life, as one gets older, shuns the elderly for being old, ugly, or whatever, but the goblin knew too, that it was "all up to him now", in that, if he had to become someone old, that is, treated like some iceberg in the eyes of others, then like that iceberg then, only one fifth of him would remain visible as in his dailylife where that other four fifths of him would be submerged in this internet as something far more than either that man in the mirror, or any other of those real-life fettering categorizations could offer, so he simply repeated "...you and I are what we create here, and my internet-self, my persona then, is going to be amazingly deep and real, promise, or I will die trying, no, let's make it both of those aims here, for this is my journey to self here, which becomes one's journey to death too..."

12 76 490

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...give us a kiss lov...", last but not least the goblin, who thanked everyone for their words, who had then replied to the parrot "...not until you brush your teeth then...", as it munched on those now somewhat finger flavored crisps the goblin had offered this parrot in his error, but the parrot just repeated again "...give us a kiss lov...", so perhaps visiting the supermarket's pet-shop this afternoon had been one of life's little lessons thought the goblin who could now see clearly why computers were all in binary, and why most school teachers typed with two fingers, "...parrot, they've come across you before I guess, haven't they..." spoke the goblin as the parrot turned its small head a little sideways in that "fancy another round of knuckles goblin" look they always have when they're hungry, yet the goblin couldn't resist, somehow some of his fingers were worth the fun of feeding this parrot "... o how you're like feeding this slot here then my dear parrot..." he ventured at it

12 77 505

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:53 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin somehow agreed with everyone again, "...the flower of youth, pollinated, fruits into mommies" said the goblin, continuing "...men are tricked by beauty, women are tricked by babies and years later one is looking at one's offspring who won't listen to us anymore than we listened to our parents..." related the goblin who had been told to get the groceries by his better half

12 78 520

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 pm

repost from elsewhere

the goblin looks up from the laptop out the window where the cold but sunny Chamonix afternoon shows a man with some muscular disorder erratically trying to help himself up onto the curb from a wheelchair where his carer hasn't quite got the knack it seems, so the goblin thinks nothing of it till the carer succeeds in getting the front wheels up and where in her first step it hits the goblin that she too limps badly, after which they then cross slow clumsy loving glances at one another and then laugh happily on their way together as it nothing had happened, that is, as if they were no different from anyone else, which of course they weren't any different, save perhaps that the goblin had now caught a bit of t heir happiness in his post here he felt, goblins often stole from life like this, "...we're not to be trusted you know..." whispered the goblin again with a smile

13 79 535

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Umm.. can anyone explain this one to me, please? I'm genuinely quite confused.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Umm.. can anyone explain this one to me, please? I'm genuinely quite confused.
("...which bit of the post didn't you understand..." asked the goblin hoping to make amends now, offering another instead)

repost from elsewhere

early evening, and the moneygod has now released his lackey goblin to his own devices, usually meaning a tromp to the bistro, a coffee and the "last post" threads where, caffeine and WIFI permitting, the goblin will regain some semblance of sanity simply by trying to write it all out of his system, yet the more the goblin wrote about dailylife, the more that disparity became obvious to him, his dailylife was not his sum total then, but against that it was as if that line "what in one's life is worth posting" just bugged him knowing that the moment the goblin replied to himself "...nothing, so I won't post anymore..." that the goblin would simply be dead before his death too, another mind drowned in its dailylife now

14 81 550

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin appreciated everyone's winning posts here, saying "...we should all win at times and all are welcome to try now..." and with that the goblin went back to his own thoughts and goal, of getting that which is within him out into slot's awaiting mouth, "...muse, couldn't I just rubber stamp anything you came up with..." he asked her "...goblin, the point of our little pact is your figuring out this short life for yourself, where the writing about it is you proving to yourself that you think and see a little deeper than what your dailylife and that moneygod want you to...", "...sounds rather subversive muse...", the goblin eyed the clock in hope for some more time, but the muse just smiled "...so goblin, are we talking about subversive or submissive here, because that choice comes down to our pact doesn't it, you choose then..." the muse had put it perfectly again, as the slot just looked on and swallowed, remarking “...just keep those doubts coming goblin, I'm ever hungry...”, as the goblin just shrugged pressing the post button once more

14 82 565

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 am

PsychoSerenity wrote:Umm.. can anyone explain this one to me, please? I'm genuinely quite confused.
It appears to be a vanity thread by someone completely uninterested in any form of interpersonal forum-interraction. He posts here in the third person and appears to enjoy it... so we let him! :biggrin:

The pictures are good though! :tup:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:36 am

("...just I don't disturb your forum human, yet I do reply to each post addressing me now..." replied the goblin, adding "...besides, which thread would you like me to reply to now...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin often thought of the forum's chatbox as a trollbox, simply it was not the goblin's thing at all, that is that he could see that it left no subject to follow, its words were instant so they could neither be weighed nor edited, it didn't up in the postcount nor the hitcount, and there were no notifications from it at all, in fact the goblin had seen the near collapse of some forum due to its overuse at one point, where the forum only survived because its members saw the problem in time and went back to normal posting, so the goblin now felt that he had to avoid this pitfall where possible, besides the goblin also knows that he is unable to write a single line without a typo or some word omission, so posting on one thread that gave out notifications, not chatting in the chatbox, was his style then

14 83 580

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:49 am

repost from elsewhere, a woman's interest "last post" thread

the goblin always thanked the posters for their score keeping assumptions but for the goblin the score was always going to be "this one present last post itself with everything else past", but then the goblin added "...ah but at any moment it could be yours if you post again..." ventured the goblin winning this time but knowing that he would lose to the next poster, explaining "...the fact, that one lives against one's death gives this life its depth, whereas the fact, that one posts against one's silence gives forumland its depth too, yet both are quite futile aren't they..."

14 84 595

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
PsychoSerenity wrote:Umm.. can anyone explain this one to me, please? I'm genuinely quite confused.
It appears to be a vanity thread by someone completely uninterested in any form of interpersonal forum-interraction. He posts here in the third person and appears to enjoy it... so we let him! :biggrin:

The pictures are good though! :tup:
The goblin portrays himself as an internet persona, and that may be the case, but I've been reading his snippets at a couple of forums for a while and have developed a sense of who he is .. possibly a greater sense of who he is than I get from other, less revealing people who are posting as themselves. Whether the author and the goblin are one and the same I don't and cannot know, but I appreciate his insights and the evocative, often poignant imagery of his prose. And yes, nice pics too. :)
no fences

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm

("...well I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin..." replied the goblin not really knowing what he was meant to reply next, confessing "...I suppose I am looking for those on my wavelength, where one posts across forumland till suddenly one is addressing a livewriter like myself...", perhaps the problem was that writer's forums tended to be about publishing ebooks, something that the goblin took little interest in, saying "...you would think by now that people would see forumland as that place to come to be inspired, to converse then, or at least have something to read, but no, the writers seem to be ever elsewhere, yet forum readership could quickly out-pace blogs and ebooks, why, because more and more people are going through forums to find their next book, so the author with a strong forum readership might be better placed to gain a book readership too, than someone who is forever relying of a declining publishing model...", and, if that had been the goblin's motivation to begin with, today the goblin had dropped that motivation simply for the habit of it, just he like writing in posts now, confiding "...trouble is that I like my anonymity so much that I don't want to spoil but I still want to write, hence this compromise perhaps...")

repost from elsewhere

"...are you for real..." came the voice within him, "...nah, I don't know about myself even, but I do know forumland is real enough in its virtual way, just like this thread is real too, even your reading this post is real in its way, yet someone's sincerity remains ever unknown to someone else, so whether I am "for real" or just "false" falls on the reader to decide here..." ventured the goblin about it, but then adding "...yet each post I do is dead by the time I hit this post button, so no, only this finite time facing a slot sifting though my thoughts and feelings here makes my posting worth it to me, so perhaps I am totally selfish in this respect then...", meaning that the goblin was probably hopelessly insincere towards others now, as the goblin was looking inwards each time but what of it, his sincerity to himself only meant that he would flinch from continuing his journey in posts now

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 am

Your writing is a form of performance art, I think. Performing is not for everyone.
no fences

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 am

("...quite right, I think the line goes forum/venue thread/stage and poster/performer, where I make no bones at it, I am going to be known by my posts even as an unknown now..." replied the goblin aware that anyone could do this and that the opportunity was open to all too)

repost from elsewhere, someone apologizing in a PM
Everybody keeps telling me I must have misunderstood your English?? leading to my "Whatever" outburst
"...I had already forgotten, and believe me the "band" receives far worst than that from other sites, so we go around defending each other because it takes guts to write as a persona where accusations of spamming, egoism, attention seeking, and umpteen other meaningless barbs are common, and where locks, warnings, malicious PMs, an outright bans are quite routine too..." the goblin stopped for a second, wondering what to write next, and then just continued "...why, well because, look at this posting over the long term then, see what type of posts they will still be posting in years from now, and compare that with what type of posts livewriters do, where they both edit, repost, and illustrate their posts that is, so need I say more, the cause of hostility perhaps...", and then the goblin saved this text too, before posting it, and thanked xxxxx who was wise to have as asked