oh how I hate editing posts, so why not join me at it

fleamailman

oh how I hate editing posts, so why not join me at it

Post by fleamailman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 pm

("...well the trouble is that I can never write anything by myself, as I need the sense of audience and the feeling of deadline that edit threads offer here..." started the goblin out to see if anyone else would like to post with him, adding "...forum readership is a odd creature, most writers won't admit that writing in posts is writing at all, moreover, that those reading these posts are readers either, me, with you help perhaps, am out to prove them wrong now...", in fact, the goblin was one of quite a few livewriters by now but enough said, time to post something as an example, but anyone could edit anything of theirs in their turn)

repost from elsewhere
Facebook is a form of modern madness:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/ja ... sm-twitter
What do you think?
living next to an old age home, and still haunted by those memories of his mother surrounded by a bunch of lone silent old folk parked forgottenly in front of a droning television, the goblin's attitude remains one that normal socializing ill serves the old, saying "...and perhaps facebook is not the answer either, since facebook too is very dependent on visuals such as one's looks and status, etc., so just give me forumland, let me hide my age and looks for their superficial irrelevance to our communication now...", in fact, since the goblin was the only one in the bistro this wet dull gray morning, he had asked the owner to turn off the pop music for once, whereupon a silence reminiscent of a library had taken over from there then, yet within this silence his mind eagerly raced across those written words typed upon the open slot once more, saying "...so why shout when you can talk, and why talk when you can write it down, and why just write when you can readily communicate it across forumland, yet I can still shout where need be, but do I really need to cry for help where you can hear my voice clearly through these words you read them here..."

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Re: oh how I hate editing posts, so why not join me at it

Post by Bella Fortuna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 pm

What's with the numbers, please? :ask:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 pm

("...they're the thread page of a locked store thread in lone member forum..." replied the goblin adding "...for example `142 would means it's the 142nd page, making it the 2122th post, yes I have an awful lot of posts to edit still, sorry if it is going to take a while as post very slowly, about a post or two a day...")

repost from elsewhere
Fleamailman – I always wanted to know why you state your opinion in through a talking goblin? It’s interesting, but unusual for me at least. What isn’t it about? Theology, psychology, science, the meaning of life and alcohol embedded in a tale of fiction.
"...ah now, one can't write in third person without having a persona here, yet it always begs the question "yes ok, but who or what is actually writing this then", simply, since most readers being used to books, they expect it, where some blanc from experience annoys them whereas a persona played well amuses them..." mentioned the goblin who also knew that most people wouldn't remember his username, like they wouldn't remember most, if not all, of the other usernames on this forum now, but here again using a persona was the trick since he didn't know how many times he had actually read somewhere that line oh no not that bloody goblin again, explaining "...so perhaps the idea here is to have a unique username that people can actually find one by googling it, together with a loose association with some persona that people can remember you by, where I in return get the chance to practice writing in third person and to illustrate my posts by adding a picture here, so welcome to my world human, now I imagine the next question is either why in the off topics section goblin, or that other one why remain anonymous goblin, or why that writing style goblin or who are the other livewriters goblin, though more likely you probably just want to know what I've been smoking..."

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 am

All work and no play..

Have a break. Have a Kit Kat!

This post has been modified to fit your primitive screen.

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

("...I like that picture, thanks for posting..." replied the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

it's that time of year, so the goblin has been thinking about christmas again, and how in this modern age it just didn't politically correct anymore, where non-christians think it is too christian, and where christians thought it is too pagan now, no what the goblin wanted to offer here something else, something new in fact, "...well folks, it's time for the all new "politically correct" name-change then..." ventured the goblin "...so what we need is something historical to celebrate in its place that is both secular and well known..." the goblin continued "...well how about celebrating the discovery on the new world by christopher columbus in 1492...", in fact, the goblin had only suggested this, imagining that there were probably some people in america who were aware of it, "...simple, we take the his name and shorten it, "chis" of christopher and "bus" of columbus...", and with that the felt he had done his good deed of the day and now only wanted to be the first to say on this thread "...merry chrisbus everybody..."

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 am

I don't think I can be bothered quite frankly..

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 am

I don't think I can be bothered quite frankly..
"...ah no, no one is ever pushing you to post here either, where there's nothing I hate more than members just tagging threads out of some obligation to do so, for how that blinds the others here to one's deception now, whereas if one is honest, selfish even, then others can then see you by your posts..." replied the goblin thinking that someone else might like to post something here, adding "...conversely, all I can promise someone who does post here is that they will not be alone in doing so now, a readership of one then, but who wants a needs a readership on forumland anyway, so instead let's create a replyship, I'll make the running if you like..."

xxxx 6 46

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:45 pm

("...ok, the score at this is 46hits for 6posts here, as seen by the number below the picture..." mentioned the goblin, quickly adding "...so who would care to wager against me something, that where this thread isn't locked or deleted, it'll make 10,000hit before christmas time...", somehow the chorus in the background was waving their arms in don't trust the goblin sort of way, but the goblin just continued by explaining "...very simple, I'm a dyslexic that cannot post straight off like you humans do, so I need to edit my posts, where something worth reading twice is worth writing twice, that's all...")

repost from "what did you do today" thread elsewhere"

the goblin upon leaving home his morning had sailed singlehandedly across to the nearest bistro where upon landing fell to ground to do his shoelace first and then to boldly state "...I claim this coffeeshop in the name of rationalia forum to the detriment of you regulars who do not type with laptops here MYAHAHAHAHA..." at which point the bistro owner's wife, enormous as ever, bounces out of the kitchen, wipes her wet hands on her thick thighs, flicks her hair back and looks at the goblin with those eyes again "...and what can I do for you senior goblin, a coffee I know but would you like more my sweet one..." the goblin feels his shoes with the bottom of his chin, retrieves his composure somehow, points to a cake and tries not to look at her as she slowly bends over for it saying "...ah you like these then..." she asks, at which point the goblin resembles something slowly turning on a spit as he pays and scurries to the corner table to get on-line again, typing for he who had sailed in now surfs away as the picture fades

5 7 54

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:42 am

repost from elsewhere

the bistro owner's wife is enormous for her short size, and the goblin often looks at her, not so much with some indecent intention, but more as an object for some great hug, the personification of gaea in his view, and in this adoration, her hug alone would make up for every other woman he knew, and whether his hands would meet behind her back didn't matter, no it did matter, and yes they wouldn't, wow at the thought then, which alas is all it could be, yet those were the hugs of his childhood as he remembers them

5 8 64

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 am

Some writing makes you need to keep reading. Some writing grabs your attention and robs you of your ability to measure time. Some writing sheds light on that which you have always known and never noticed. Some writing becomes your newest love.

But then again. Some writing is just made for skimming. In some writing, each word is tl;dr.

You write one of these kinds of writing. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Atheist-Lite
Formerly known as Crumple
About me: You need a jetpack? Here, take mine. I don't need a jetpack this far away.

Post by Atheist-Lite » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 am

So the event was the arrival? 1859 it flared forth eager for the prize of a new found world. And now we have a departure?, a devouring?, a madness in the world worthy of the name? :zig:
nxnxm,cm,m,fvmf,vndfnm,nm,f,dvm,v v vmfm,vvm,d,dd vv sm,mvd,fmf,fn ,v fvfm,

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:49 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:Some writing makes you need to keep reading. Some writing grabs your attention and robs you of your ability to measure time. Some writing sheds light on that which you have always known and never noticed. Some writing becomes your newest love.

But then again. Some writing is just made for skimming. In some writing, each word is tl;dr.

You write one of these kinds of writing. :tea:
The pics are nice though innit? :coffee:

fleamailman

Post by fleamailman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:46 am

Some writing makes you need to keep reading. Some writing grabs your attention and robs you of your ability to measure time. Some writing sheds light on that which you have always known and never noticed. Some writing becomes your newest love.But then again. Some writing is just made for skimming. In some writing, each word is tl;dr. You write one of these kinds of writing.
"...nah, the writing just is of itself, instead it's the categorizations that is up to the individual now, yet no, to me those readers are like a pack of wolves..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where one keeps them in sight but one doesn't let them devour one though their expectations or one's doubt...", so maybe the goblin just letting the reader vote with their hitcount here, where their conjectures and comments were as fuel to him, livewriting was feeding after all, adding "...so does this mean that you take up my wager humans, surely no one could possibly make a ten thousand hits thread by christmas on this forum, and how easy it would be for you to win against this wager against me..."

xxxx 12 84

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 am

Write on, Sir Goblin...

Be careful of the Curdies in this world...

And stay clear of princesses...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by maiforpeace » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:15 am

JimC wrote:Write on, Sir Goblin...

Be careful of the Curdies in this world...

And stay clear of princesses...
And don't kiss any poisonous green frogs. If you do, drink lots of gin. :hehe:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]