Das Boot re-boot

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Das Boot re-boot

Post by Rum » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 pm

It’s on Sky TV here. Watching episode 2. The first film/series has been described as the best film about war ever made. It was indeed a brilliant production.

So I wasn’t expecting too much from what is a follow on rather than a reboot. It is however superb!

For those who don’t know it’s based around the experiences of a German U boat crew. Claustrophobic to the point of terror at times and brilliantly realised. This series has an added French resistance theme it seems.

In German mostly.

Seabass
About me: Natural instinct for science

Re: Das Boot re-boot

Post by Seabass » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:26 am

Holy shit, I love Das Boot. I think I've seen every cut, even the 4hr one. How did I not know about this reboot? I'll have to track this down...
The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. ―H.L. Mencken

Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad. —Thomas Frank

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. —Einstein
I’m a nationalist. —Trump

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country. —Hermann Göring