Derek and Clive

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Derek and Clive

Post by Rum » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were a hugely successful comedy duo here in the late 60s and early 70s before Moore went on to be a big Hollywood star in his own right. Their''s is an interesting story and relationship, about which I have read at least two book. Long and complicated but also a fascinating tale.

'Pete and Dud' were two of their characters in their TV series. There were two daft, rather ignorant but surreal cockneys who would comment on anything from Art to politics.

Peter Cook descended into alcoholism which ultimately killed him, but those who knew him said he was the funniest person they had ever met.

'Pete and Dud' obviously had stuff they would have liked to have said but could not on TV. So they invented Derek and Clive. Two utterly foul mouthed disgraceful scumbags with a taste, as ever for the surreal. Their stuff was scurrilous and no censor back in the day would have allowed release of their output on any public platform. So they went 'bootleg' and made a fortune too.

I must be bored to write all this - but it is prompted by a Facebook group I just joined about them. Here's a sample of the posts there:

"shove yer bollocks up yer arse and fart up yer bum...… this sentence repeated over and over proved too much for the staff in claims at commercial union,gants hill! CUNTS!!!! they are all cunts out there.."

Great stuff.

And here's Derek and Clive in action. Love it (I do) or loathe it...don't forget this is the 70s..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Derek and Clive

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Yeah I love them. I get tears of laughter listening to some of their stuff.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Derek and Clive

Post by laklak » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:47 am

Me too, I've literally cried from laughter.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.