Bible thumper stations

Snowberry

Bible thumper stations

Post by Snowberry » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 pm

We still have a really, really old Giant Satellite Dish. Our GSD has served us well with free TV for quite a few years. We had some movies, some sitcoms, wild feeds etc. CNN and a few different shows that came through in Spanish. Some had no sound, but you could turn on the captions and read the words.

Recently, they shut down a lot of the feeds we used to watch. Bummer! All that's left is a Weather channel and a trio of Bible thumper stations. THOSE of course come in 24/7.

For entertainment last night (desperate or what?), I watched one. Some fellow singing a song consisting of three lines repeated over and over, tacked together with a chorus of "I adore you'. GAG! He looked WAY too happy, like he was trying really hard not to think about singing his praise songs for all of eternity to his god.

Then a couple got in there and told about the tragic car accident they were in. Absolutely Bizarre stuff. You have to watch it. They were SO grateful to their lord that they missed the gas pump and took the tree at 65 mph. Mom in the back seat was basically scalped and bled all over her children (no one was seatbelted in, so the children were pasted to the floor (cradled in the arms of the lord!). Dad saw the 'cloud of death' but was relieved when god brought the colour back in along with a firefighter and three priests. Miraculous. He just missed the branch that came in and impaled the window near his head because of the hand of the lord. Nothing said about centrifugal force or gravity that might have pasted his head against the window. Nothing about the laws of Physics. Nope, it was GAWD!
I just couldn't get past the part that no one was talking about how this loving god decided to smash up their car in the FIRST PLACE. Nice family, minding their own business. Bored to tears, God snickers to himself, reaches down, flicks his finger up their tailpipe and whammo...they hit the tree. Whoa, now that was entertainment! Damn, they love him anyway.

I think I was starting to rant a bit, because my husband had to turn off the station. I couldn't get past the sheer stupidity of these people. I wanted to shake them and tell them to WAKE UP!!!

If you want to make yourselves absolutely ill, you too can tune into these stations. I dare ya to last 10 minutes in there! :naughty:

Geoff
Pouncer

Re: Bible thumper stations

Post by Geoff » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Snowberry wrote:
If you want to make yourselves absolutely ill, you too can tune into these stations. I dare ya to last 10 minutes in there! :naughty:
I did once, for a laugh...we get dozens of them on SKY. The sort of comedy that is funny for only so long, then brain death sets in.
"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger