Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Hooked on Marvel? :funny: :fp: :think: :hehe:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:55 pm

You can be really pathetic when you try to find the right spiteful words, you mean old traitor.

As a matter of actual fact, it was copying Jack Lee’s drawings (the illustrator of many of the early Marvel comics) that taught me to draw and it was that which led me eventually to art school and some years later drawing a daily strip in a couple of newspapers for three years. So yeah - I was an enthusiast.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Solo: A Star Wars Story

It was alright - seems to mesh somewhat with what I remember reading in the EU about Han's early history. Although I don't remember his last name just being made up by an Imperial recruitment agent. Anyway, it was enjoyable which is more than I can say for The Last Jedi.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:55 pm
You can be really pathetic when you try to find the right spiteful words, you mean old traitor.

As a matter of actual fact, it was copying Jack Lee’s drawings (the illustrator of many of the early Marvel comics) that taught me to draw and it was that which led me eventually to art school and some years later drawing a daily strip in a couple of newspapers for three years. So yeah - I was an enthusiast.
"Never mind the story feel the width".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:07 pm

What? Now you are just spewing random words.

You are an old man - older than your years would suggest. I’m younger than my years would suggest I would say - in my outlook.So to get you up to speed old timer, it is worth considering the possibility not only of the cultural significance of the super hero phenomenon, but also the way they have introduced a whole new modern mythology, which has gone a long way to replacing old and rather tired myths handed down from the Greeks and before.

You may dismiss such things in your usual offhand and rude manner, but it ain’t just cartoons, even if it isn’t Dostoyevsky either.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Jason wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Solo: A Star Wars Story

It was alright - seems to mesh somewhat with what I remember reading in the EU about Han's early history. Although I don't remember his last name just being made up by an Imperial recruitment agent. Anyway, it was enjoyable which is more than I can say for The Last Jedi.
It was a fun movie.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:07 pm

You are an old man - older than your years would suggest. I’m younger than my years would suggest I would say - in my outlook.So to get you up to speed old timer, it is worth considering the possibility not only of the cultural significance of the super hero phenomenon, but also the way they have introduced a whole new modern mythology, which has gone a long way to replacing old and rather tired myths handed down from the Greeks and before.

You may dismiss such things in your usual offhand and rude manner, but it ain’t just cartoons, even if it isn’t Dostoyevsky either.
Leave him be, Rumertron. Scott is great to have around. He makes me look like a happy-go-lucky cavalier. :mrgreen:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Hermit wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:14 pm
Rum wrote:

Leave him be, Rumertron. Scott is great to have around. He makes me look like a happy-go-lucky cavalier. :mrgreen:
You have a good memory for names there Hermie baby. :smoke:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm
Hermit wrote:
Rum wrote:

Seraph wrote:Baby? I wish!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Rum wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Rum wrote:

You two are great for the complete rubbish you spew out. They are nothing but cartoons but of course some cant see it that way. Bloody crap American cartoons as well.

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:13 pm

American Made. Not a great movie but man, that whole Iran-Contra affair was bonkers!

Halfway through Split. I'll finish it on next train trip.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Rum wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Rum wrote:

You two are great for the complete rubbish you spew out. They are nothing but cartoons but of course some cant see it that way. Bloody crap American cartoons as well.
That’s it. Get it off your chest. You’ll feel better for it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Us two? How did you manage my opinion concerning American cartoons? Marvel comics are complete rubbish to me too. I have never even seen a single movie based on them, of Superman either, and I grew out of liking Walt Disney products before I grew into my teens.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Funny, I used to despise Kirby, having gotten into comics after his heyday in the 60s. I was more into Neal Adams, Barry Windsor-Smith, Michael Kaluta, P. Craig Russell, Jim Steranko, and John Byrne. The problem was that the Kirby I was seeing, from his stint at Marvel in the late 70s, wasn't very good at all. And neither did it agree with my more refined tastes.
...and yet I had a grudging respect for his 60s work, which was of course fucking brilliant. And then I discovered his various New World title he'd done over at DC in the early 70s, and I really liked those a lot.
Eventually, I began to appreciate Kirby for what he was rather than what I wanted him to be. And, now, I simply can't get enough of him. Although I of course recognize that his oeuvre was varied in quality and suffered especially when he overextended himself.

Anyway. Although the trailer for Captain Marvel makes the film look fairly lackluster (and I'm not sure when Captain Marvel became a man, though this doesn't bother me in itself), I DEFINITELY plan to see it soon. The Marvel movies are generally a lot of fun :D
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Captain Marvel is a woman Tat.

And Steranko was a near genius.