What Are You Watching Now?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: What Are You Watching Now?

Post by JimC » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:22 am

Words and meaning are imperialist narratives which must be smashed! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:23 am

I finished watching all eight episodes of Fallout. I liked it quite a lot, thanks in large part to Ella Purnell. But I felt like Ella Purnell's character should have encountered many more monsters along her travels. It just didn't seem dangerous enough to me outside the vault. Anyway, I hope there's another season, because this one barely scratched the surface.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 am

tattuchu wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 am
Judge Judy has an annoying habit of calling any vehicle a "car," whether it's a car (i.e., automobile) or not. Yesterday, in an episode of Judge Rinder I was watching, it was Judge Rinder's turn. He used the words "van," "truck," and "car" to refer to the same vehicle, as if these three words were interchangeable. WTF?? Am I going mad? Do words not mean things anymore?
Language drift tatt.

Started Avatar: The Last Airbender series on Netflix. Not a bad first episode - looks great, but some of the acting was a bit wooden.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:47 am

Looks good
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:35 pm

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:16 pm

Good wall poster that.

Braun was a superb story and sooooooo verrrrrry unlikely. Once in a great while fairy tales come true. :tup:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 am

This looks good

I love true stories and like the lead :pop: ]

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am

A Murder at the End of the World: Limited Series
Rotten Tomatoes
https://www.rottentomatoes.com › a_murder_at_the_en...
Cleverly cohesive, each element echoing another, and rivetingly combining a love story, a serial killer investigation, a murder mystery, and a tech thriller.

anything that starts with the Doors…well gotta try it

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 am

Do you just watch TV all day?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 am

When it is raining I either read, listen to audio book or watch media - I can't stay in any one position for too long so switch off between the back desk and the bedroom and the couch.

If it would stop raining I'd ride a couple hours and listen to an audio book ....nothing T'd up just now.

I do multi-task tho ...getting food, hanging out washing etc - I have BT headphones so can wander around
Just got a balance board so that may take another 10 minutes.

My cooking is verrrrrrry simple and does not take more than 10 min and I'm watching while I prep. The kitchen is directly looking out on the living area with the screens, dining table, couch etc.
The clothes are dried along the side deck where ther sun comes in in the morning.....my motorcycle gear is consigned to the far end of that portion ...easy to dress and get on the bike.

I watch most films and bingeshows on one of the two 50" screens but lots watched on my 13" Retina in the bedroom which in nearfield is just fine for anything ...it is brighter than either of the 50" with 500 nits. The 27" iMac is also 500 nits but has my photos rolling on it in random constantly. It's a backup for the two 13" MacBook Pros both running Mojave which I do not want to move off at this point.

So yeah ....lots of media time but rarely NOT multitasking.....as I am now.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 am

I think that you would all class me as weird. I rarely watch anything on TV, don't like movies, just like reading...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:35 am

My partner is very similar. We used to watch something every night on the big screen while having supper but she's retreated from just about all visual media on the larger screens - hard copy books in bed, audio books - driving, gardening and pottering and puzzles/ news on her MacBook Air.

She's retreated a bit from big visual media tho will go out for the big movies like Dune on iMax.
Different strokes. :dunno:

I had a couple years of movie criticism in Uni and watched a ton as part of course work and just plain enjoying them. $2 a pop as a film student. :prof:

Been watching 50" TVs since 1982 - saw the original Apple 1984 commercial on it. Had movies on LaserDiscs too.

I really think the streaming series allows much better story telling for certain prolonged or detailed stories than any movie can.
Movies need to be relatively compact. Hence Dune being split but still the last part of Dun e 2 was rushed a bit.

Case in point.
The latest Ripley on Netflix is much better than the compressed movie telling the same story.

Yet some movies are complete works...Out of Africa, Chariots of Fire..

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am

A Murder at the End of the World: Limited Series

certainly is filmed in Iceland. We were there in January and it looked just like that.
Oddly the temp range in S Iceland is -5 to +5 ...not very cold at all but the weather can change in a heartbeat going from sun to rain to blizzard and back around in a 100 km.
There is a section where the SUV is sliding on ice ...been there done that but did not roll it.
We had studs on and the vehicle just kept slipping toward the fjord and finallllllly stopped. Gingerly turned around and followed the local another route. He turned around before we did.....duh.

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm

Stacks of cut wood in the courtyard sort of out of context...wood being in rather short supply in Iceland ;)
I still don't know where it is going tho that's okay...keeping me intrigued.