Game of Thrones

Post Reply
User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45423
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 am

Seth wrote:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
And why didn't they drop more oil on the giant as he was trying to lift the gate? Or even just rocks.
Yeah, that too. It's a shame when scripts have to leave holes in them to manufacture suspense/action. But man were those
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
giants and woolly mammoths
done really well! :awesome:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Drewish
I'm with stupid /\
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Drewish » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:13 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
SteveB wrote:Isn't the wall like really long. Why don't the wildlings climb the wall a few miles to the left or right where there aren't Crows guarding up top...

It was like a 100ish vs 100,000. It doesn't make sense! :panic:
Yeah. Also, if that smaller band of wildlings could get behind the wall (I can't remember how they actually did it) why couldn't the whole bloody army do it??
They got the barrels stuck and then the thing happened that prevented it that I'm not going to spoil.
Nobody expects me...

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 am

Drewish wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
SteveB wrote:Isn't the wall like really long. Why don't the wildlings climb the wall a few miles to the left or right where there aren't Crows guarding up top...

It was like a 100ish vs 100,000. It doesn't make sense! :panic:
Yeah. Also, if that smaller band of wildlings could get behind the wall (I can't remember how they actually did it) why couldn't the whole bloody army do it??
They got the barrels stuck and then the thing happened that prevented it that I'm not going to spoil.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
They could have thrown blocks of ice at him and the mass and terminal velocity from 700 feet would have killed him. Hell, they could have thrown Crow corpses at him and achieved the same thing. And didn't they have more barrels they could just roll off the edge instead of that fancy depth-charge launcher?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
SteveB wrote:Isn't the wall like really long. Why don't the wildlings climb the wall a few miles to the left or right where there aren't Crows guarding up top...

It was like a 100ish vs 100,000. It doesn't make sense! :panic:
Yeah. Also, if that smaller band of wildlings could get behind the wall (I can't remember how they actually did it) why couldn't the whole bloody army do it??
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
They climbed the wall with John Snow, remember? Where the cannibals came from wasn't clear to me, but I got the impression that they were savages from south of the wall, given their acute lack of clothing.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45423
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:23 am

I'm glad the
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
old cunt is dead. Go Tywin! Can't wait to see what he gets up to next.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 31418
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:46 am

Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Which old cunt, and didn't Tyrion do Tywin in already?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Nicely done season wrap-up that both moves the plot along substantially while teasing next season's premier.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Arya has become a force to be reckoned with. Her treatment of the Hound was brilliantly written. She was seasoned enough not to get careless and chance letting the Hound grab her, and she was wise enough to grab the gold, although I'd have waited till he was dead, but I suppose that would have taken too much time and not allowed for the Hound to be reduced to begging to be killed, which was very powerful in showing Arya's state of mind.
Well done all!
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45423
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Trigger Warning!!!1! :
but will the Hound die? It seems his brother is going to be brought back to health. If the Hound survives somehow, that would let him fight him later on, something which the show has been setting up.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:56 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
but will the Hound die? It seems his brother is going to be brought back to health. If the Hound survives somehow, that would let him fight him later on, something which the show has been setting up.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
I suppose it's possible for him to survive an open femur fracture in the middle of nowhere without even a sapling with which to make a splint, but it would take months for him to heal and he'd be a cripple unless the fracture is properly set. But were I Arya I would have killed him just to make absolutely certain he doesn't.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45423
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 am

Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Scott1328
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Scott1328 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:59 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
but will the Hound die? It seems his brother is going to be brought back to health. If the Hound survives somehow, that would let him fight him later on, something which the show has been setting up.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
He may be brought back to health be he won't be ahead.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36540
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
The spear was coated with poison. The Viper is known for being an expert with poison. Hence the name.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll
Posts: 22077
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Seth » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Animavore wrote:
Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
The spear was coated with poison. The Viper is known for being an expert with poison. Hence the name.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Hm, good point, I had forgot that twist. Makes sense now that I think about it. He wanted to kill the Mountain for killing his sister and so it makes sense that he would poison his spears to ensure that the Mountain died even if he lost the fight. Good information, thanks.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36540
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Seth wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
The spear was coated with poison. The Viper is known for being an expert with poison. Hence the name.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Hm, good point, I had forgot that twist. Makes sense now that I think about it. He wanted to kill the Mountain for killing his sister and so it makes sense that he would poison his spears to ensure that the Mountain died even if he lost the fight. Good information, thanks.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Not only died but died in a really horrible way. They really glossed over this from the book I thought. In the book the whole thing is more drawn out. The Maesters try all types of thing on him. They put leeches on his body and they die instantly.
The posion is maticore poison with an added sorcery effect to make it supernaturally potent.
There was a lot more screaming in the book too.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests