Game of Thrones

Feck

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Feck » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

OK is it good enough for me to torrent ?
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Yeah. Only ten episodes but a lot better than the usual drivel.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 am

Me likee Khaleese, she very hot!
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

The Red Fox
About me: Or Deeper Still...

Post by The Red Fox » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:07 pm

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news-in-p ... 106274001/

So true ^

I can't fantasy-based films/TV (I hated Lord of the Rings for example) and I ended up enjoying the series. HBO has been on a roll recently.
MacIver wrote:Now I want to see a pterodactyl rape the Pope.
"There's a tidal wave of mysticism surging through our jet-aged generation" - Funkadelic

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Just caught all 10 episodes of this finally. People have been gushing at me for years about George R.R. Martin (I should point out that I used to D.M. long grim convoluted D&D campaigns) but I tend not to read a great deal of fiction so I dismissed it. I have to say I wasn't expecting great things considering what a plebdazzling wall of shit T.V. usually is, but was very impressed both by the acting and the various trajectories, some of the lighting and camerawork was a bit ropey, but minor quibbles.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm

See I'm hearing everyone say it's great but I'll watch it now and like every hyped show people eventually convinced me to see I'm going to think it's shite and look like the bad guy. So no. I'm not watching it.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Then just pretend you have and thought it amazing so you can fit in and be kid popular.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I done that a lot as a child. My totalitarian parents wouldn't let me watch 15+ movies but all the other kids would be talking about Rambo and Robocop on the playground. I learned snippets from different kids and passed off I'd seen them.

I was a deprived child :)
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

SPMaximus

Post by SPMaximus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Animavore wrote:See I'm hearing everyone say it's great but I'll watch it now and like every hyped show people eventually convinced me to see I'm going to think it's shite and look like the bad guy. So no. I'm not watching it.
dude, its HBO, therefore it must be good, are you saying you dont like Deadwood/Rome/True Blood etc?

watch it or i will hunt you down and put my wet pinkie in your earhole :lay:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 pm

SPMaximus wrote:
Animavore wrote:See I'm hearing everyone say it's great but I'll watch it now and like every hyped show people eventually convinced me to see I'm going to think it's shite and look like the bad guy. So no. I'm not watching it.
dude, its HBO, therefore it must be good, are you saying you dont like Deadwood/Rome/True Blood etc?

watch it or i will hunt you down and put my wet pinkie in your earhole :lay:
All those programmes suck.

SPMaximus

Post by SPMaximus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 pm

:o :shock:

you suck :bored:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Perhaps so, but his new Avatar is tremendous.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm

I just don't like TV in general. I tend to just watch documentaries these days. That's when I when watch TV at all.

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

It was a bit shit really. The weird mythical aspects of it didn't fit in and were never properly explained, that acting was dodgy and as a result there was never much connection with the characters, but still they managed to kill off all the wrong ones, and after 10 episodes the plot didn't really go anywhere.

There, now you can go and watch it.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Feck

Post by Feck » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:56 am

I'm watching them all in a row, so far onto number 3 and I'm trying to watch it uncritically, it is Fantasy after all . There are brief flashes of Pretty Things :drool: and cute wittle wolf pups :swoon:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread