Game of Thrones

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:28 am

Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
Yeah, and there was some sort of weird welt on his arm. That whole thing didn't make much sense.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:29 am

Animavore wrote:
Seth wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Seth wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Yeah, I don't really know why she didn't. I think they are really setting her up as a ruthless and hard nosed person. But I suspect the story will be along the lines of someone came by and found him and helped him. It won't be any more ridiculous than
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
saving the Mountain who had a spear right through his chest
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Yes, I'm confused there too. The Mountain got speared and now they are talking about poison? Some scripwriter lost the thread somewhere.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
The spear was coated with poison. The Viper is known for being an expert with poison. Hence the name.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Hm, good point, I had forgot that twist. Makes sense now that I think about it. He wanted to kill the Mountain for killing his sister and so it makes sense that he would poison his spears to ensure that the Mountain died even if he lost the fight. Good information, thanks.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Not only died but died in a really horrible way. They really glossed over this from the book I thought. In the book the whole thing is more drawn out. The Maesters try all types of thing on him. They put leeches on his body and they die instantly.
The posion is maticore poison with an added sorcery effect to make it supernaturally potent.
There was a lot more screaming in the book too.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
:td:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Right. Well, I finished S04E10 last night, so I guess I'll start reading this thread now.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:56 pm

These are pretty good :hehe:

People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 am

:lol: :clap:

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am

Goddamn, this guy is good! :lol:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm

For Rachel:

:{D
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

rachelbean
"awesome."
About me: I'm a nerd.

Post by rachelbean » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:37 pm

I could watch that a thousand times :nyan:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Blooper reel, because you asked for it.

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Since I cancelled my HBO along with the rest of my over-priced DirecTV service, I'm stuck with re-watching Season 4 from the iTunes store on my Apple TV. I won't get to see season 5 for another year unless HBO goes solo with a streaming subscription, which I will sign up for immediately.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Gonna have to start calling this series Game of Thrones-y now I guess. As in, it's kinda like Game of Thrones in the same way Battlestar Galactica is kinda like Star Wars.

I did also consider Thrones-lite and Throne Games (the Asylum version).
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 am

Signed up for HBO Now the day before the premier of GOT. This is great! I don't have to be anywhere at a specific time to watch, I just use my 4G AT&T wifi hotspot with my unthrottled, unlimited account and connect to HBO Now via my Apple TV using wifi. Occasionally I'll run into a problem with buffering, and from time to time the whole shebang locks up and I have to reboot, but it sure is nice not to have to pay for a thousand satellite channels I never watch.

So far, so good. They are setting things up for the new season quite well, but no boobs or bush yet. Kaleese seems determined to keep her knickers on.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Animavore wrote:Gonna have to start calling this series Game of Thrones-y now I guess. As in, it's kinda like Game of Thrones in the same way Battlestar Galactica is kinda like Star Wars.

I did also consider Thrones-lite and Throne Games (the Asylum version).
How about calling it "GoTesque"?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

I'm hanging out for a series of "The Wheel of Time"...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:37 pm

The guy who plays Qyburn is such a good actor. He tears up the scene.