mummies, mummies, mummies galore

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

mummies, mummies, mummies galore

Post by Svartalf » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:37 am

So, being fed up with vampires and zombies, and not being ready to tackle werewolves, blobs or aliens or predators, I'm kind of on a mummy film spree. recently, I've done the trilogy with brendan fraser (mummu, returns, dragon emperor) and I guess that my next thing will be the Scorpion king ones.

But I have a couple problems that some of you might be willing and able to help me with.

First, I had a big surprise with the finale of the first film. In it imhotep was vanquished by an incantation making him mortal, after which he is dispatched by the sword.
I had memories of watching in a theater a mummy movie where the climax was totally campy with a character reading aloud the incantation in the middle of the room, while somebody else drew the mummy away and had him pursue him around the scene... all the while the mummy, who is rather smart all the rest of the film, hears the spell meant to send him back to the other world being chanted, and still runs after character b like that was more important.
If that was not from the 1999 mummy film, would someone remember what movie that scene is from?

I also have a problem with tomb of the dragon emperor... something that looks like a plot hole a mile deep.
So when rick and evelyn bring the jewel to the shanghai museum, we learn that the archeologist wilson seems to have pas issues with rick, or maybe with the couple... and that he requested that they be the ones to bring the jewel to shanghai. what I don't get is why he asked dangerous and resourceful people to bring it, when patsies of lesser caliber would be a lot easier to dispose of once the star in in his hands (or more precisel in those of general yang) .
has anybody caught more detail about the motivation for bringing the o'connells into the story?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

macdoc
Twitcher

Re: mummies, mummies, mummies galore

Post by macdoc » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:47 am

nether world problem :coffee:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: mummies, mummies, mummies galore

Post by Svartalf » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:58 am

Yeah, right, I won't die if I don't have my answers, and odds are that by hallowe'en, I won't mind anymore.
still, nor what I'd call a productive response.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping