Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

Post by FBM » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:39 am

Dammit to hell. Now I'm going to have to get drunk and watch a film! :lay:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 am

Animavore wrote:

Incredulous black man in a world full of crazy white people :hehe:
Looks good! :awesome:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

I also watched...

What a lazy piece of shit film. Redeemed slightly by being unintentionally funny.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Transcendence. The critics were actually right this time: totally meh.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:17 am

Enemy. Starring Jake Gyllenhall and Jake Gyllenhall.
Absurdist, metaphysical thriller from a director who wants so badly to be Cronenberg, but honestly should've cut his losses and billed it as a comedy and hoped no one noticed.
A story about a man who finds out he has a perfect double, surprisingly based on a book named The Double, who reacts far too disproportionately and 'freaked out' instead of drawing obvious conclusions (even if these would turn out incorrect) for the benefit of the audience in order to artificially create mystery. There were actions and dialogue on behalf of the twin protagonists which made no sense to me. For instance the first time they meet one asks the other, "Are we brothers?" To which the other just stares back like a sloth. He continues, "Do you have a scar here, on your chest?"
Why would you ask that? Sure it turned out the other guy did have the exact same scar, but even if you wondered if this bloke was your twin, perhaps separated, why would you assume he might have the same scar? When do twins ever share scars or markings?
And that ending...
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 am

I hate that kind of shit. You know what bugged me about Transcendence? Johnny Depp's wife (who I swore was Scarlett Johansson until I saw the credits) was talking on the phone in one scene. And she did what characters always do in movies: she hung up without saying goodbye. The person she was talking to said something, she smiled in response, and then she hung up. As if the person on the other end of the line could see her smiling :ddpan:
Now I don't know about you but if someone hangs up on me without saying goodbye, I consider that to be very rude :?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:14 am

tattuchu wrote:I hate that kind of shit. You know what bugged me about Transcendence? Johnny Depp's wife (who I swore was Scarlett Johansson until I saw the credits) was talking on the phone in one scene. And she did what characters always do in movies: she hung up without saying goodbye. The person she was talking to said something, she smiled in response, and then she hung up. As if the person on the other end of the line could see her smiling :ddpan:
Now I don't know about you but if someone hangs up on me without saying goodbye, I consider that to be very rude :?
I never hang up on cold calls from call centres without saying "Fuck off". That's quite polite for me...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:29 am

JimC wrote:
tattuchu wrote:I hate that kind of shit. You know what bugged me about Transcendence? Johnny Depp's wife (who I swore was Scarlett Johansson until I saw the credits) was talking on the phone in one scene. And she did what characters always do in movies: she hung up without saying goodbye. The person she was talking to said something, she smiled in response, and then she hung up. As if the person on the other end of the line could see her smiling :ddpan:
I never hang up on cold calls from call centres without saying "Fuck off". That's quite polite for me...
That's because you're a gentleman :prof:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 am

Honestly, I moved past this quirk a long time ago. It's de riguer in movies. Don't let it bug you.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 am

Put this in the wrong thread. Very enjoyable true story and well totd and acted. 85% on Rotten Tomato

Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:17 am

The Lake House, got bored and confused by the plotline half way through and left my wife to finish it and explain in two minutes what might have taken me two years to figure out.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:03 am

In the middle of watching Blade Runner. Haven't seen it for a decade at least. I want to hang out in exotic locations with exotic people and drink exotic alcohol. I also want to each strange stuff from asian street vendors in the rain...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:23 am

Raping androids is all good. :tup:

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Raping androids is all good. :tup:
Raping androids are the best kind of androids :{D

Or did you mean raping androids? Because raping androids is also loads of fun :{D

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 pm

It's ok, coz god didn't create them.