Hello

New? Introduce yourself here.
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Hello

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:56 am

Sure, people complain. The number of cis women who are being harangued, bullied and publicly vilified because someone mistakenly thinks they're a transgender woman has shot through the roof.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:05 pm

So predictably, you can't or won't provide such language for a civil expression of that complaint.

I'm glad we all agree that the complaint simply cannot be made, without breaching some new rule.

Religion is answers that cannot be questioned. Same as ever.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:05 pm
So predictably, you can't or won't provide such language for a civil expression of that complaint.

I'm glad we all agree that the complaint simply cannot be made, without breaching some new rule.

Religion is answers that cannot be questioned. Same as ever.
Why should anybody answer your questions when all you do is ignore or evade theirs?

Sauce for the goose and all that. :bored:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:06 pm

A third person pops by to agree that they can not or will not provide such language for a civil expression of that complaint.

I guess since I also can't craft such a sentence within the rules here, that makes four. So far. Obviously, it isn't because it's a religious belief that can't be questioned. The real reason is going to be revealed eventually.

When someone shows compassion toward woman who have at least one y chromosome.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:21 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:06 pm
A third person pops by to agree that they can not or will not provide such language for a civil expression of that complaint.
If you think it's so important can you provide examples of such language? And can you do that without presuming that transgender people are unaware of the feelings of others; without implying that they're fundamentally without empathy, unsympathetic, intolerant? The premise of your question is broken, because it presumes that transgender people can't be engaged in an honest and mutually respectful manner. The premise broken further by also presuming that the problem always and only ever lies with the transgender person.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:32 am

The key point that Cunt is trying to make is that any form of complaint about a trans gender person is impossible because it would cause woke outrage, no matter how carefully expressed. He is contending that the sensibilities of transgendered people are sacred cows, and that anything that might remotely appear critical is verboten.

There may be a little truth in that when it comes to the petty spats in some parts of truculently progressive academia, the small, silly minority that lives by a "I'm more woke than you" attitude. However, back in the real world of the polite negotiations of behaviour in spaces like change rooms, common sense would prevail in most cases...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:36 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:32 am
However, back in the real world...
A place Cunt doesn't inhabit.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Partly JimC, but mainly that no-one, not you, BP or me, can arrange the phrasing of a woman (like the business owners attacked by Yaniv and the BC HRC) in such a way that it is 'proper'. Forget the 'trans gender woman', just think about those business owners who didn't want to handle a scrotum due to their beliefs, or training, or preferences.

It's not because you aren't polite, it's because you (and everyone under these rules) is not allowed to describe the problem honestly, and empathetically. The complaintant certainly is not.

But we can go over what you think of me and my obvious rejection of this religion instead. It's plenty safe.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:42 pm

Nobody will find this..er...long debate in a year. The thread title fails to mention transgender.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:00 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:42 pm
Nobody will find this..er...long debate in a year. The thread title fails to mention transgender.
This thread is public though, so I can see without logging in, in case someone suddenly makes sense of the words they use.

Like 'transgender', the words have slippery, vague meanings to help avoid clarity in the uncomfortable areas.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:29 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:00 pm
Like 'transgender', the words have slippery, vague meanings to help avoid clarity in the uncomfortable areas
Hmmm. No sure you can really make that stick, nor continue to pretend that it hasn't been dealt with already...
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:26 am
The point is, a transgender person is someone whose gender identity doesn't align with their sex. Surely that's simple enough to grasp, even for someone as confused as you're pretending to be?
That'll do. Now we have ONE definition out of the way.
If you're finding that slippery it's probably only because you've greased it up. Let's have no more of this nonsense.

Frank Zappa

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:17 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:10 pm
Partly JimC, but mainly that no-one, not you, BP or me, can arrange the phrasing of a woman (like the business owners attacked by Yaniv and the BC HRC) in such a way that it is 'proper'. Forget the 'trans gender woman', just think about those business owners who didn't want to handle a scrotum due to their beliefs, or training, or preferences.

It's not because you aren't polite, it's because you (and everyone under these rules) is not allowed to describe the problem honestly, and empathetically. The complaintant certainly is not.

But we can go over what you think of me and my obvious rejection of this religion instead. It's plenty safe.
It sounds to me like the business owners arranged their phrasing well enough, since they won their lawsuits.

As you are aware, the media has a well known bias toward controvery. If you rely exclusively on them, you're not likely to see much about effective negotiations that resolved issues women, cis and trans, have raised over bathroom and changing facilities. That's where you should be looking, at the successes and how those arguments were phrased.

I don't know about Jim, Brian, or Perv, but I'm not doing that for you. I've got other stuff to do. :tut:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:25 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:29 pm
Cunt wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:00 pm
Like 'transgender', the words have slippery, vague meanings to help avoid clarity in the uncomfortable areas
Hmmm. No sure you can really make that stick, nor continue to pretend that it hasn't been dealt with already...
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:26 am
The point is, a transgender person is someone whose gender identity doesn't align with their sex. Surely that's simple enough to grasp, even for someone as confused as you're pretending to be?
That'll do. Now we have ONE definition out of the way.
If you're finding that slippery it's probably only because you've greased it up. Let's have no more of this nonsense.
the terms rely on a clear explanation of gender, which is pretty slippery.

One can have a gender expression that sincerely is accepted as making them a woman, while another gets called a pervert.

The John Money theories aren't all that defensible though. You should check the history of that bit of 'research' before you get behind it too firmly.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:21 am

Haven't you figured out the insinuations thing is a waste of time with me yet? As is the changing the subject thing.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:30 pm

Maybe you have already, and accept it.

I found it pretty damning, but I guess I won't know.

So this 'totally true' solid definition of transgender...can you tell me the real difference between a transgender, and a woman?

Or a transgender, and a demented bathroom-predator sex pervert?

Or can it be anyone, as long as they express a certain set of thoughts?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: