Welcome to the lifeboat, all you survivors!

New? Introduce yourself here.
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Welcome to the lifeboat, all you survivors!

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Matthew Bailey wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:The charitable status excuse WAS bullshit, I had from a reliable source.
I think the 'charitable status' pretext was part of the real reason underlying those actions. Professor Emeritus Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Doctor Richard Dawkins (yes, he has nine doctorates, eight of them honoris causa) has made a very unsubtle hint indicating that he'd just love to add a knighthood to his list of formal honours, and to get one of those one must not be seen to be associated with anything 'improper'.
He, I can understand that. Of course, isn't Steven Frye a Sir? Or I am thinking of someone else?

Matthew Bailey
I know Elton John made it. Nothing 'improper' there.

Glad you made it, Matthew Bailey. I'm reading that book you recommended now (Marc Galant, I think)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Agrippina

Post by Agrippina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Onyx8 wrote:Is it SRO, or is there some more couch? Another refugee here, thanks for the welcome. Gotta go check out the new digs, see you.
Not at all, lots of space to sit or lie however you want it, it's like a South African minibus taxi, always room for one more.

Here's the real song:

Surendra Darathy
About me: I am only human. Keep in mind, I am Russian. And is no part of speech in Russian equivalent to definite article in English. Bad enough is no present tense of verb "to be".

Post by Surendra Darathy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Good ta be here.
DP wrote:
Heresiarch wrote:My fellow refugees might want to change their signatures in the other place:

Code: Select all

[c][url=http://www.rationalia.com/][img]http://www.rationalia.com/dp/logo.png[/img][/url]
[size=110][b]New Members welcome.
[url=http://www.rationalia.com/]Click for link.[/url]
Bring Cheese.[/b][/size][/c]
I wonder who uploaded that image....

for a slightly larger version use:

Code: Select all

[c][url=http://www.rationalia.com/][img]http://rationalia.com/forum/styles/pro_ubuntu/imageset/logo.png[/img][/url]
[size=110][b]New Members welcome.
[url=http://www.rationalia.com/]Click for link.[/url]
Bring Cheese.[/b][/size][/c]
Anyone notice yet that sigs have been disabled over there? Looks like they stoked the fires with life preservers.
I'll get you, my pretty, and your little God, too!

Surendra Darathy
About me: I am only human. Keep in mind, I am Russian. And is no part of speech in Russian equivalent to definite article in English. Bad enough is no present tense of verb "to be".

Post by Surendra Darathy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
AshtonBlack wrote:
Feck wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
I'm With Stupid wrote:Wow, I've been hear for ten minutes now without having a general error.
We have our errors honed to a fine point, sir.
Did their server always suck that bad ? or am I just used to the all singing all dancing Rationalia one ?
Numbers, I'm afraid. I wonder how our servers would cope with, say 10,000 members.
Mmmmm.... 10,000 members...... :drool:

:shifty:
Yes, but what are we marketing here? We've no icon 'round whom to rally. Over there, the fanboy thing seems to have run its course, and a cumbersome phpbb forum with 10000 members flies more like a lead balloon with every new set of eyeballs, and fails to achieve its marketing goals without them.

CJ

Post by CJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
AshtonBlack wrote:
Feck wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
I'm With Stupid wrote:Wow, I've been hear for ten minutes now without having a general error.
We have our errors honed to a fine point, sir.
Did their server always suck that bad ? or am I just used to the all singing all dancing Rationalia one ?
Numbers, I'm afraid. I wonder how our servers would cope with, say 10,000 members.
Mmmmm.... 10,000 members...... :drool:

:shifty:
Surendra Darathy wrote:Yes, but what are we marketing here? We've no icon 'round whom to rally. Over there, the fanboy thing seems to have run its course, and a cumbersome phpbb forum with 10000 members flies more like a lead balloon with every new set of eyeballs, and fails to achieve its marketing goals without them.
I think we should worry about 10,000 members when it happens. Pappa set the forum up and the site is funded by us, which now includes you, if you want to. If you find value here you'll cough up, if not you won't.

This forum is a community, exactly what Dawkins didn't want. Now we have a huge influx of new blood things could well get a lot better, but it won't suit everybody so some will wander off. Those that stay will find it a singularly friendly oasis where clear thinking is represented by the ability to post, content not withstanding.

Agrippina

Post by Agrippina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

And freedom of speech! :biggrin:

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Agrippina wrote:And freedom of speech! :biggrin:
We were gradually collecting the mods and admins off RDF any way :D ... We have a PLAY NICE rule ... should be the only one that is needed in a friendly forum like Rationalia . You get an official site warning easily though.... just ask for one :lol: Suspensions are also available on demand .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Feck wrote:Suspensions are also available on demand .
One just needs to specify by rope or chain.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Surendra Darathy

Post by Surendra Darathy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Onyx8 wrote:Is it SRO, or is there some more couch? Another refugee here, thanks for the welcome. Gotta go check out the new digs, see you.
Could you couch your remarks more subtly, if you have occushion to do so in future? Sofa so good? It would be simply divan.

Agrippina

Post by Agrippina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Feck wrote:
We were gradually collecting the mods and admins off RDF any way :D ... We have a PLAY NICE rule ... should be the only one that is needed in a friendly forum like Rationalia . You get an official site warning easily though.... just ask for one :lol: Suspensions are also available on demand .
OK. I like a 'nice play' rule. I don't mind getting into long discussions and even a few gentle arguments but I get too stressed about big fights and I'm really not interested in either long academic essays either reading or writing them. This is how I relax. I will defend an assertion I make if I feel strongly enough about it but I have no intention of spending days researching something that people can look up for themselves if they are really very interested.

I know that younger people are interested in testing their opinions and proving them with long complicated research and essays, but not me, I simply don't have enough lifetime left to spend time doing piles of research only to have the site pulled down and all my hard work deleted. When I write I do it for my own pleasure and to present to people who aren't merely going to toss it on the rubbish heap. I hope that's ok here and that I won't get yelled at to 'prove it' whenever I make some offhand comment. For me this is a relaxing way to spend a few spare hours during the day, not a lecture hall. :biggrin:

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Feck wrote:
Can I have one please? So far I've got Pluto and FIO in my collection, how many more do I need to get the set?

mmmcheezy

Post by mmmcheezy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm

I made it over! So happy to still have an online place to call home :cheers:
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"
-Kurt Vonnegut

Stagman

Post by Stagman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Been swimming for a few days and have just crawled into the lifeboat....

Boadacia!

Post by Boadacia! » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Agrippina wrote: OK. I like a 'nice play' rule. I don't mind getting into long discussions and even a few gentle arguments but I get too stressed about big fights and I'm really not interested in either long academic essays either reading or writing them. This is how I relax. I will defend an assertion I make if I feel strongly enough about it but I have no intention of spending days researching something that people can look up for themselves if they are really very interested.

I know that younger people are interested in testing their opinions and proving them with long complicated research and essays, but not me, I simply don't have enough lifetime left to spend time doing piles of research only to have the site pulled down and all my hard work deleted. When I write I do it for my own pleasure and to present to people who aren't merely going to toss it on the rubbish heap. I hope that's ok here and that I won't get yelled at to 'prove it' whenever I make some offhand comment. For me this is a relaxing way to spend a few spare hours during the day, not a lecture hall. :biggrin:
I think you may be surprised how many agree with that statement. Especially those of us running out of time as we crumble into oblivion. At least here it's better than FaceWank as in you might actually get an answer to a post, and not some mind-numbing crap app!' I feel too many put too much emotional investment into RDF, and it seems to have proven such. I'm still considering if RD had in fact any interest in it at all? (maybe for the financial aspects?)

Life is for fun, and if we get our jollies by writing, and debating, then keeping the importance of all this shit in perspective, is important for sanity. It's just t'internet me dooks!

I'll never yell at ya, 'onest! :coffeespray:
ImageImage
RD: Science is very interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*ck off! - And take your MODS with you! :whip:
___________________________________________________________________________________________

flyingscot

Post by flyingscot » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:50 am

Glad to catch the lifeboat......that was quite a storm back there! :ddpan: