Welcome Citizensmith!

New? Introduce yourself here.
Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Welcome Citizensmith!

Post by Bella Fortuna » Mon May 12, 2014 2:09 am

Citizensmith is a good friend of mine, with an evil sense of humour and excellent taste in the usual Ratzian sorts of things.

Please give him a welcome and treat him well! :cheers:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Re: Welcome Citizensmith!

Post by FBM » Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 am

I bumped into him earlier and survived, so he gets my cootie-free seal of approval. Welcome! :cheers:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Citizensmith
About me: Mostly harmless

Post by Citizensmith » Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 am

Thanks. :) Seems like the sort of place that attracts the more discerning and intelligent folk. It helps that enough of us have a warped streak.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 am

Bring on your evil sense of humour, Citizensmith. Please.

*Hermit waits with trepidation for the traditional mentions of bacon and cheese, which are no funnier than the even more boring "welcome to the madhouse" type comments.*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Mon May 12, 2014 2:50 am

Hermit wrote:Bring on your evil sense of humour, Citizensmith. Please.

*Hermit waits with trepidation for the traditional mentions of bacon and cheese, which are no funnier than the even more boring "welcome to the madhouse" type comments.*
Only a resident of a madhouse would say something like that. :coffee:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Citizensmith

Post by Citizensmith » Mon May 12, 2014 3:00 am

You know, seeing as this is supposed to be an Intro thread I guess I should do that.
British, but now resident in the US, California to be specific. I moved over here 16 years ago because of wuv, twue wuv. Still happily married and managed to make new humans twice as well.
Degree in geology, masters in environmental science, currently working as an analyst at a large engineering company.
And because it seems relevant to the theme of this site, I grew up a proper Christian kid, went to a Church of England school, was in the cub scouts, and my dad's family were hard core church members. But, the priest at my school being a part time ventriloquist and entertaining us by talking through an emu puppet probably didn't help my religion. My mum's family were not really religious, just going through the motions as everyone did. Basically, never believed in anything once I had the maturity to ask questions. An atheist though? Not until I moved to the US and discovered the obnoxious, malignant Christianity that exists over here. In the UK I wasn't religious, wasn't spiritual, wasn't a beliver, but that didn't matter. Now, definitely an atheist.
Lastly, happy to have a good friend in Bella. I'm sure there are quite a few here who know what a great cook she is for one.
When in Rome, do as the Romans.
(You bring the lions, I'll bring the Christians, the orgy will be afterwards)

Citizensmith

Post by Citizensmith » Mon May 12, 2014 3:01 am

Bella Fortuna wrote:

Only a resident of a madhouse would say something like that. :coffee:
Are you referring to the southern states?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon May 12, 2014 3:10 am

Citizensmith wrote:You know, seeing as this is supposed to be an Intro thread I guess I should do that.
British, but now resident in the US, California to be specific. I moved over here 16 years ago because of wuv, twue wuv. Still happily married and managed to make new humans twice as well.
Degree in geology, masters in environmental science, currently working as an analyst at a large engineering company.
And because it seems relevant to the theme of this site, I grew up a proper Christian kid, went to a Church of England school, was in the cub scouts, and my dad's family were hard core church members. But, the priest at my school being a part time ventriloquist and entertaining us by talking through an emu puppet probably didn't help my religion. My mum's family were not really religious, just going through the motions as everyone did. Basically, never believed in anything once I had the maturity to ask questions. An atheist though? Not until I moved to the US and discovered the obnoxious, malignant Christianity that exists over here. In the UK I wasn't religious, wasn't spiritual, wasn't a beliver, but that didn't matter. Now, definitely an atheist.
Lastly, happy to have a good friend in Bella. I'm sure there are quite a few here who know what a great cook she is for one.
Cut of jib: liked. Humour: absent so far. But then, I'm German, so I wouldn't recognise it if it laughed in my face. Or so I'm told.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon May 12, 2014 3:20 am

Every madhouse needs an inmate that, while clearly cheeselessly bonkers to everyone else, thinks themselves to be the only sane inhabitant. Hermit is ours.

Me, I'm mad and I demand cheese NOW! (And welcome to Ratz.) :biggrin:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon May 12, 2014 3:25 am

Welcome to the very last stand in a irrational world. There are few who find there way here. This is afterall The Nautilus and Papa is Captain Nemo. :read:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 am

What is your opinion of tomatoes?

Citizensmith

Post by Citizensmith » Mon May 12, 2014 3:29 am

Scumple wrote:Welcome to the very last stand in a irrational world. There are few who find there way here. This is afterall The Nautilus and Papa is Captain Nemo. :read:
Is this the novel, or a movie version? And if it's a movie are we looking at Michael Bay or some kind of Disney thing with singing ornaments?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon May 12, 2014 3:39 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:

Every madhouse needs an inmate that, while clearly cheeselessly bonkers to everyone else, thinks themselves to be the only sane inhabitant. Hermit is ours.
I'll have you know that I may be clueless, but I am not cheeseless. In fact, in the unlikely event of ever running out of Stilton, Roquefort, and my iron ration of the humble Tasty Cheddar, my desperate yearning for cheese will probably lead me to spread my own smegma - or that of anyone else's - on my egg and bacon toast.

I am definitely not mad, though. My keepers are holding me in prison precisely because, unlike them, I am sane.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 am

Any friend of Bella's is a friend of Bella's! :{D

Wait, that's not quite right :ask:

What I meant to say is that any friend of Bella's is a fiend of mine :tup:

Or something :think:

:dunno:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon May 12, 2014 3:47 am

My dear chap, welcome to the asylum!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!