How did you find Rationalia.com?

New? Introduce yourself here.

I was a TAF member and jumped ship.
15%
I saw some reference to it on the Richard Dawkins forum and came for a look.
32%
I saw some reference to it on another forum and came for a look.
19%
I was sent a link by a friend.
19%
I found it via a Google search for something serious.
3%
I found it via a Google search for something stupid.
2%
None of the above.
10%

Total votes: 268

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:36 am

Most of us got here via TAF when this place was created, but we have new members that have come from different directions too. Please vote in the poll to give us an idea of the numbers.

No cheese option, sorry.

Pappa

(Edit: For anyone who doesn't know - and there are far more than I ever imagined there would be - TAF is thinkingaloudforum.com - all the original members here came from there.)
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Re: How did you find Rationalia.com?

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:41 pm

We already know what this poll is going to show, I think that it would come in handy later if we do attract new members, not while we're trying to get more in here.
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

Mysturji
Clint Eastwood
About me: Downloading an app to my necktop

Post by Mysturji » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:50 pm

:think: You invited me. :dono:
Sir Figg Newton wrote:If I have seen further than others, it is only because I am surrounded by midgets.
Cormac wrote:Doom predictors have been with humans right through our history. They are like the proverbial stopped clock - right twice a day, but not due to the efficacy of their prescience.
IDMD2
I am a twit.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I made (and subsequently deleted) a comment on RDF about Jesus being well-hung, but it taking him 3 days to rise again, and was immediately pounced upon by both Charlou and Devogue by PM, enticing me to come here and play. That doesn't fit into any of the choices in the poll, seems.

Cheese.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Post by cowiz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:00 pm

I found it in a white rabbits hole.
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Shit. I forgot to say, "I found it a bit crumpled, moldy and in need of a bath." :doh:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Paco wrote:We already know what this poll is going to show, I think that it would come in handy later if we do attract new members, not while we're trying to get more in here.
I though it might be nice to have for members to see and vote in as they arrive, and it will give us an idea of exactly how new members are arriving. I'd be surprised if we get any via google.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 pm

FBM wrote:Charlou and Devogue by PM, enticing me to come here and play. That doesn't fit into any of the choices in the poll, seems.
Sent a link by a friend? Image
no fences

videoreverend

Post by videoreverend » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Actually, I found it on Google, and was specifically seeking out a forum of like-minded people when I got completely fed up with a bunch of crap I was catching from my family and some (so-called) friends about my non-religious choices. I was on Atheist Parent for a time (not getting my kids baptized is just one of the things that made me a pariah), but found this forum to be a lot more fun. And active.

And so far NOBODY here has given me shit about starting my own, polytheistic, Las Vegas-based religion. I find it cool that you're all cool with that.
Image online confession... because church is early

Beelzebub2
Oiled Hunk

Post by Beelzebub2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:59 pm

I saw a link to Ratz in Spaz's sig line at RDF, and was curious enough to sign in.
Still, I most likely would not be posting at all had I not been encouraged by CJ. :flowers:

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist

Post by Pappa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 pm

videoreverend wrote:Actually, I found it on Google
Wow... I never expected we'd be found that way... cool. :mrgreen:

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Good to have you here rev :tup:
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

videoreverend

Post by videoreverend » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:30 am

Paco wrote:Good to have you here rev :tup:
Thanks, Paco.

BTW, sombreros are my favorite type of cranial adornment. I think it dates back to my days in Chicago when an inebriated Harry Caray was reputed to say, "HEY! Check out the kid in the som-BRER-o!" (At least, that's a line that every comedian in Chicago used to imitate, so I'm assuming it happened.)
Image online confession... because church is early

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.

Post by FBM » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:24 am

Charlou wrote:
FBM wrote:Charlou and Devogue by PM, enticing me to come here and play. That doesn't fit into any of the choices in the poll, seems.
Cool. Let's make our friendship retroactive! :woot: :hugs:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:30 am

FBM wrote:
Charlou wrote:
Cool. Let's make our friendship retroactive! :woot: :hugs:
I think we already consider it so with you, FBM... it's like you've been here from day one. :hugs:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/