How did you find Rationalia.com?

New? Introduce yourself here.

How did you find Rationalia.com?

I was a TAF member and jumped ship.
15%
I saw some reference to it on the Richard Dawkins forum and came for a look.
32%
I saw some reference to it on another forum and came for a look.
19%
I was sent a link by a friend.
19%
I found it via a Google search for something serious.
3%
I found it via a Google search for something stupid.
2%
None of the above.
10%

Total votes: 268

Transgirlofnofaith
Everyone's favourite loudmouth Furry narcissist.

Re: How did you find Rationalia.com?

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 am

Did you get banned, or commit suicide by mod, or did you just stop going by there? I don't know. :think:
Under (re)construction

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 am

Well, I took a break from all forums soon after the "Great Purge of '08" with it's inevitable schisms. Then a couple of months ago Zilla sent me a link to this one. No banning, just an overwhelming sense of dissapointment!

I still go to the front page of RDF, and comment there, but I stopped going in the forums.

This is my 2nd home now :)

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

The Curious Squid
Lazy Spic Bastard
About me: a sexually deviant misogynist sexist pig who's into sex trafficking, sexual slavery, murder, bondage, rape and pre-frontal lobotomy of your victims.

Post by The Curious Squid » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm

But he's still not really here :biggrin:

I see you're a SW fan, someone else to annoy XC with me :tup:

Why Thrawn of all people?
We have no great war, no great depression.
Our great war is a spiritual war.
Our great depression is our lives.
JimC wrote:Ratz is just beautiful... :woot:

Where else could you go from the taste of raw egg to licking marmalade off tits in such a short space of time?
Pensioner wrote:I worked for 50 years and that's long enough for anyone, luckily I worked to live not lived for work.
Lozzer wrote:You ain't Scottish unless you live off Chicken nuggets, White Lightening and speak like an incomprehensible cow.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Jesus Christ wrote:I found it rather inhospitable, frankly.
Nailed it! (But we don't want to go into your hangups, do we.)
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Paco wrote:Why Thrawn of all people?
Because he's bloody THRAWN, a military super-genius if there ever was one in fiction.
Under (re)construction

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:
Because he's bloody THRAWN, a military super-genius if there ever was one in fiction.
Who?

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:
Who?
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :pissed:

Your lack of Star Wars knowledge is abominable. :banghead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn
Last edited by Transgirlofnofaith on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under (re)construction

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:
Who?
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Your lack of Star Wars knowledge is abominable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn
Actually, it's a fucking blessing. :levi:

Pumpkin Head
About me: All hail, Pumpkin Head.

Post by Pumpkin Head » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:14 pm

I voted 'sent a link by a friend'. My mom is my friend.
My cuteness comes in handy....

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Post by Kristie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Pumpkin Head wrote:I voted 'sent a link by a friend'. My mom is my friend.
:hugs:
We danced.

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 pm

By the way, what was this schism between Thinking Aloud Forum and here. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what y'all mean by it.
Under (re)construction

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:By the way, what was this schism between Thinking Aloud Forum and here. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what y'all mean by it.
Lo, cold was the morning and crisp was the breeze as we strode across the plains of cyberspace to the feasting halls of TAF, when suddenly, a sharp wind sprung from the North bringing an omen of dread and foreboding. We reached the gates and knocked, once, twice, thrice, but from within came nothing but echoes...

Later that dark day, a few brave souls ventured inside to discover the carnage that had ensued the night before, the memberlist lay dismembered upon the floor, banned avatars draped over all the rafters, and upon the great table where the feasting traditionally took place was a message written in binary blood, "OK, bye"

Or something like that. :dono:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 pm

DP wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:By the way, what was this schism between Thinking Aloud Forum and here. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what y'all mean by it.
Lo, cold was the morning and crisp was the breeze as we strode across the plains of cyberspace to the feasting halls of TAF, when suddenly, a sharp wind blew sprung from the North bringing an omen of dread and foreboding. We reached the gates and knocked, once, twice, thrice, but from within came nothing but echoes...

Later that dark day, a few brave souls ventured inside to discover the carnage that had ensued the night before, the memberlist lay dismembered upon the floor, banned avatars draped over all the rafters, and upon the great table where the feasting traditionally took place was a message written in binary blood, "OK, bye"

What he means is... OBC went crazy and banned everyone, so we all fucked off here.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Pappa wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Lo, cold was the morning and crisp was the breeze as we strode across the plains of cyberspace to the feasting halls of TAF, when suddenly, a sharp wind blew sprung from the North bringing an omen of dread and foreboding. We reached the gates and knocked, once, twice, thrice, but from within came nothing but echoes...

What he means is... OBC went crazy and banned everyone, so we all fucked off here.
That's what I said. :lay:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 pm

DP wrote:
Pappa Bear wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:

That's what I said. :lay:
Yeah, but you Beowulf'd it. :nono: