Priceless Quotes Directed At You By Theists...

Holy Crap!
Feck

Re: Priceless Quotes Directed At You By Theists...

Post by Feck » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 am

Thinking Aloud wrote:"Don't you feel lonely?"
:coffeespray:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Koss
About me: Shhhhh, it's too soon. Don't speak. It's bacon time!
Location: In your underpants, baby! Rawr!!!one1!eleven!!!11!!3.1415926535

Post by Koss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Part 1
" why would you even think were alone in the solar system?there are about 33,000 planets they have seen and say at least 10,000 has intellegent life on them.(going according to the enviorment and atmospheres.look up gliese"

Part 2
" yep at least 10,000 intellegent lifeforms in the milky way using the drake equation. UFO Coverup Documentary - Out Of The Blue Part 1/9
look at the first minute and ten seconds..and you can research from their.
Hope that helps"

Part 3
" to think out of our solar system(milkyway sorry if i said galaxy) their are only 8 planets your hanging on a string from the mountain..not making fun of you in anyway but i see that you believe all these paid scientist and physicist.Why dont you do your own homework,and stop believing what the schools and tv tell you.There are hundreds of billions and trillions of galaxys out their with millions of plantes in there solar system.Just like ours.
its not rocket science its common sense"

Yep, they were a theist and for some reason they wanted to argue about astronomy and sentient alien life forms. Confusing the term solar system with the term universe. Over, and over, and over. Heh. Then again I must just be the fool of all those paid scientists, physicists, school and tv.
Koss wrote:Hippos getting it on with Lions is just an unfortunate side effect with such displays of madness :tup:

Bolero
About me: Free

Post by Bolero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Two days ago....

Me: It's Sunday, I just want to relax.
Fundie Spouse: Ha, you are SUCH a hypocrite.
Me: ??
FS: Why do you think you even HAVE a day to relax on? It's given to you by God. You don't see monkeys needing relaxation time, or any other animals... I mean, humans need rest because God made us that way, and gave us a day to rest on. If you really don't believe in God, why don't you go out and work 24 hours a day? Hmmm?

I ended up engaging with this argument because it was so ludicrous I figured it would be easy enough to defeat, but was met with the usual "No, that's rubbish." (Even when pointing out that other animals actually do rest and sleep...) COME ON! You're fucking KIDDING me!!!!! Why am I continuing to be married to this person? :nono:
"I wanna exit how I entered: Between two legs."
The Hilltop Hoods.

SPMaximus

Post by SPMaximus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Bolero wrote:Two days ago....

Me: It's Sunday, I just want to relax.
Fundie Spouse: Ha, you are SUCH a hypocrite.
Me: ??
FS: Why do you think you even HAVE a day to relax on? It's given to you by God. You don't see monkeys needing relaxation time, or any other animals... I mean, humans need rest because God made us that way, and gave us a day to rest on. If you really don't believe in God, why don't you go out and work 24 hours a day? Hmmm?

I ended up engaging with this argument because it was so ludicrous I figured it would be easy enough to defeat, but was met with the usual "No, that's rubbish." (Even when pointing out that other animals actually do rest and sleep...) COME ON! You're fucking KIDDING me!!!!! Why am I continuing to be married to this person? :nono:
Not to sound rude, but you should have stuck your dick in her mouth before she finished saying that load of bollocks :roll:
(works the other way too)

Bolero

Post by Bolero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 pm

SPMaximus wrote:
Not to sound rude, but you should have stuck your dick in her mouth before she finished saying that load of bollocks :roll:
(works the other way too)
Ah, now if only I had a dick....

Sexual violence aside, there are times when it seems to me as if he's just switched off the "normal" part of his brain, and maybe a good shaking would render him back to the relatively rational person he is when not discussing religion.

Or maybe the dick thing would work better.
The Hilltop Hoods.

Rob
Carpe Diem
About me: Just a man in love with science and the pursuit of knowledge.

Post by Rob » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 am

To me it seems if you are with someone you care enough about you have to civilize them. I don't know if I could live with someone who believed in that sort of dogma. I doubt it becuase I would continue to engage them until they realized that they didn't know what they thought they knew. Either that or they would leave me. :biggrin:

Like with a very intelligent friend, we started talking about Noah's ark and we reached a point where I realized he was reaching his breaking point and I saw that if I continued this he was going to erupt in one form or another. My friend is extremely intelligent but he just doesn't use his intellect for religion. We wound up to the point that he just told me, "if I want to believe this what does it hurt?" Reminds me of this clip:

I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. [...] I don’t feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn’t frighten me. - Richard Feynman

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 am

Bertrand Russell is da bollox! :tup:

I have "Why I am not a Christian" on order from Amazon as we speak.
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Mac_Guffin

Post by Mac_Guffin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 am

"Masturbation is considered adultery because you're cheating on your future wife."

-Friend I had when I was 12.

Kimpatsu

Post by Kimpatsu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 am

Koss wrote:I still scream at night from the thought of what a lion and a hippo having sex would sound like. :coffeespray:
If it's oral sex, it would be called liposuction. :mrgreen:
"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion."--Thomas Paine

Bolero

Post by Bolero » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 am

Kimpatsu wrote:
Koss wrote:I still scream at night from the thought of what a lion and a hippo having sex would sound like. :coffeespray:
If it's oral sex, it would be called liposuction. :mrgreen:

Bwahahahaha!
The Hilltop Hoods.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 am

tattuchu wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 pm
"Why do you hate God so much?"

It's a hardy perennial that one. Actually it seems to be spreading.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:10 am

Strontium Dog wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:15 am
tattuchu wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 pm
"Why do you hate God so much?"

It's a hardy perennial that one. Actually it seems to be spreading.
Because it has a clergy to tell us it's good while a reality check shows the reverse?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping