Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Feet of Clay

Post by Cunt » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:15 pm
No thanks. I'm not good at controversial subjects. I'll be happy to read along if you find someone to discuss it with you though. Maybe I'll learn something.
In other words, you were parroting something Peterson said without actually understanding it.
No, I'm just seldom willing to engage in certain ways here. Especially with certain posters. Still interesting to read what they write though.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 pm
Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
No thanks. I'm not good at controversial subjects. I'll be happy to read along if you find someone to discuss it with you though. Maybe I'll learn something.
In other words, you were parroting something Peterson said without actually understanding it.
No, I'm just seldom willing to engage in certain ways here. Especially with certain posters. Still interesting to read what they write though.
Why won't you engage with Brian?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:23 am

Cunt wrote:

No, I'm just seldom willing to engage in certain ways here.
Essentially because you either don't understand the topic, or realise that your views are logically indefensible...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 am

Or that it is upsetting to people.

I also try to remember how some of the members live in totalitarian regimes where the wrong words could see them jailed.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 am

I also try to remember how some of the members live in totalitarian regimes where the wrong words could see them jailed.
No one here will be upset if you answer Brian's questions about the Pareto Distribution.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:38 am

Cunt wrote:

Bullshit.

Trolling again.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:03 am

Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Indeed, he has. Our member from Yellowknife habitually picks up on some fashionable label or another making the rounds of the right wing pundits, then runs with it for a week, a month, or whatever time it takes for him to go on to the next one. In a way, his current fascination with 'Pareto distribution' is a pleasant change from his numerous references to 'blue-anon'.

It is also good to see that he admits to not understanding it. Unfortunately, Jordan Peterson, the person who has made mention of the Pareto distribution fashionable, doesn't understand it either. He equates it with Price's model, then compounds his error by equating wealth accumulation with production. He actually says wealth is a proxy for productivity, then mixes in vaguely defined or undefined concepts of value, utility and popularity without properly integrating any of them. Right-wingers regard Jordan Peterson as one of their top intellectuals. In reality he is the right-wingers' equivalent of the new-agers' Deepak Chopra.

I'm not sure if Peterson's presentation is an underhanded three card trick, the result of intellectual malfunction, a consequence of ideological blinkers, or a mix of all three, but here it is anyway. The bits relevant to Peterson's take on Pareto distribution have been extracted from this more wide-ranging lecture.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:05 am

Cunt wrote:
...some of the members live in totalitarian regimes where the wrong words could see them jailed.
Trolling again. :roll:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:23 am
Cunt wrote:

No, I'm just seldom willing to engage in certain ways here.
Essentially because you either don't understand the topic, or realise that your views are logically indefensible...
You know, I don't really understand the topic either. Just wait till one post gives me inspiration to say something totally off topic.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 am

Cunt wrote:Or that it is upsetting to people.

What could be upsetting about discussion of a statistical formula, and in which regions might some of the members risk imprisonment simply by taking about it?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:54 pm

Crazy, right?

Enjoy this one, BP. I'm sure with the broad, diverse group of opinions here, someone will be glad to talk it over with you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Let's not pretend that I brought Pareto Distribution up or have made claims about it, eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:57 pm

--pathological

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm not pretending, just not willing to get into it here.

Maybe I would be more courageous about defending my ideas if I were a better man. As it is, you'll just have to trust me that I know myself, and haven't found anything here to convince me that equity is better than equality.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Nobody cares dude. Just stop trolling, I dare you. I don't think you can do it, seriously.