Letter Box

Holy Crap!
laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Letter Box

Post by laklak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 am

I've actually eaten cucumber and butter sandwiches. They sucked at sandwiching. And what's with hot tea? Tea should be iced, with lemon and sugar, and served on summer days whilst taking one's ease on the verandah. Best thing about iced tea is it's the same color as bourbon. Now don't go drinkin' Uncle Lak's tea, child.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:55 am

Alan B wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:29 pm
Hijab is a fabrication So says Queen Rania of Jordan.
I think her reasoning about the Hijab can be equally applied to the Burka and Niqab.
THREE RULES FOR WOMEN DRESS CODE IN ISLAM
FIRST RULE: THE BEST GARMENT
See Quran[ 7:26 ]
This is the BASIC rule of DRESS CODE in the Quran. This is the first rule in WOMEN DRESS CODE in Islam.
SECOND RULE: COVER YOUR BOSOMS
The second rule can be found in Quran 24:31 . Here God orders the women to cover their bosoms whenever they dress up. But before quoting 24:31 let us review some crucial words that are always mentioned with this topic, namely "Hijab" and "Khimar"
THE WORD "HIJAB" in the QURAN "Hijab" is the term used by many Muslims women to describe their head cover that may or may not include covering their face except their eyes, and sometimes covering also one eye. The Arabic word "Hijab" can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word "Hijab" include, screen, cover (ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider.
Can we find the word "Hijab" in the Quran??
The word "Hijab" appeared in the Quran 7 times, five of them as "Hijab" and two times as "Hijaban,". See Quran 7:46 , 33:53 , 38:32 , 41:5,42:51 , 17:45 and 19:17.
None of these "Hijab" words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today (Hijab) as a dress code for the Muslim woman.
God knows that generations after Muhammed's death the Muslims will use the word "Hijab" to invent a dress code that He never authorized. God used the word "Hijab" ahead of them just as He used the word "Hadith" ahead of them. Hijab in the Quran has nothing to do with the Muslim Women dress code.

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:
While many Muslims call "Hijab", an Islamic dress code, they completely ignore the fact that, Hijab as a dress code has nothing to do with Islam and nothing to do with QURAN.
"Hijab" or veil can be traced back to early civilizations. It can be found in early and late Roman and Greek art. The evidence can be seen in archeological discoveries whether in pottery fragments, paintings or recorded civil laws.
In Greco-Roman culture, both women and men wore head covering in religious contexts. The tradition of wearing the veil (by women) and the headcover (by men) was then adopted by the Jews who wrote it in the Talmud then the Christians adopted the same. A well respected Rabbi once explained to a group of Jewish young women, "We do not find a direct command in the Torah mandating that women cover their heads, but we do know that this has been the continuing custom for thousands of years." After the prophet Muhammad's death , the writers of the hadith books adopted and encouraged the ancient tradition of head covering. Hadith book' writers took after the Jews as they did with many other traditions , and alleged them to the prophet since the Quran did not command it.
Any student of the Jewish traditions or religious books will see that head cover for the Jewish woman (and men) has been encouraged by the Rabbis and religious leaders. Observant Jewish women still cover their heads most of the time and specially in the synagogues, weddings, and religious festivities.
Christian women cover their heads in many religious occasions while the nuns cover their heads all the time. As we can expect the traditional Arabs, of all religions, Jews, Christians and Muslims used to wear head cover, or "Hijab," not because of Islam, but because of tradition. In Saudi Arabia, up to this day most of the men cover their heads , not because of Islam but because of tradition. North Africa is known for its Tribe (Tuareg) that have the Muslim men wearing "Hijab" instead of women. Here the tradition has the hijab in reverse. If wearing Hijab is the sign of the pious and righteous Muslim woman, Mother Teresa would have been the first woman to be counted.
In brief, hijab is a traditional dress and has nothing to do with Islam or religion. In certain areas of the world, men are the ones who wear the hijab while in others the women do. Mixing religion with tradition is a form of idolworship, since the followers of traditions are following laws from sources other than God's scriptures and claim it to be from God. Idolworship is the only unforgivable sin if maintained till death.
Ignoring what God asks you to do in His book, or following innovated laws not stated in the the Quran, is a clear sign of disregarding God and His message.
When tradition supersedes God's commandment, the true religion takes a second place. God never accepts to be second, God has to be always the FIRST and to HIM there is no second.
What an uppity Muslima. She needs to be in a tent, STAT!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 am

My issue is that they could carry a suicide vest packing several pounds of plastic explosive under a burka and you'd never know. Not saying they are all out to kill but if you had a bowl of mints and you knew one would kill you, would you want that bowl of mints? So I say ban it.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 am

The moderates dismiss the burqa as "not really Islam", but the fundamentalists push it and total domination of women very hard. So, at the very least, it is a very real and horrible part of some branches of Islam...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

cronus wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 am
My issue is that they could carry a suicide vest packing several pounds of plastic explosive under a burka and you'd never know. Not saying they are all out to kill but if you had a bowl of mints and you knew one would kill you, would you want that bowl of mints? So I say ban it.
Or under a woolly jumper. We must ban all winter clothes too!
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 am

PsychoSerenity wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am
cronus wrote:
Or under a woolly jumper. We must ban all winter clothes too!
Woolly jumpers are on my list. Don't you worry about that. :tea:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 am

cronus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 am
letterbox
Gotta admit... it's kinda funny... :hehe:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am

cronus wrote:
Wanna ban fat people? The fat could be fake and hiding tons of TNT...

cronus
Black Market Analyst

Post by cronus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:11 am

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am
cronus wrote:
Wanna ban fat people? The fat could be fake and hiding tons of TNT...

Fat people are another debate. And by the way some of these garbs prevent facial recognition....moderates make room for the extremes, atrocities, in these circumstances. How moderate are they then?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

How many burqa wearers have set a bomb off in the west?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:29 am

He stole that joke from Billy Connolly. :nono:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm

The most I've ever seen here is a headscarf. I don't really care what the fuck the wear, unless it turns into a public safety issue. I would certainly make them take the thing off for license and passport photos, and for purposes of ID to the authorities when necessary. And everybody must have the "right" to walk into the bank wearing a balaclava or full face helmet. Gooses and ganders and all that.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:34 pm

That is the rule here. Public buildings and public transport no face coverings including hoodies.

We dont have banks anymore.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm

dunnow, I wear a hoodie whenever it's too cold or too wet, and it's no face covering.

No banks anymore? where do you go for cash? or for banking operations?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Don't need no bank, I jes keep the ammo and silver in the bunker.