Right Wing Nationalists Convicted Over Mock Beheading

Holy Crap!
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Right Wing Nationalists Convicted Over Mock Beheading

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Couldn't be arsed cutting and pasting. Have a read - http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/farright ... 905-gybdei

The main dude in this is well known as a racist. The UPF is a racist organisation. These people are undoubtedly cunts. But this is a pretty troubling ruling.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Right Wing Nationalists Convicted Over Mock Beheading

Post by Hermit » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:32 pm

OK, I do it for you, slacker.
[Magistrate] Hardy told the trio they had "crossed the line" in staging a mock beheading outside the City of Bendigo offices on October 4, 2015, in protest against building a mosque in Bendigo.

In the video, Cottrell speaks to camera about the mosque plans and directs Shortis – wearing a Middle Eastern-style head covering, and shouting "Allahu Akbar" – and Erikson to decapitate a dummy with a toy plastic sword.

...the men's conduct incited contempt, revulsion and ridicule of Muslims.
Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001 (Thank you, Premier Bracks, member of the alt-left), and all similar laws elsewhere, need to be struck down. I wholeheartedly agree with the conservatives, such as the despicable Cori Bernardi, to have of the Commonwealth's Racial Discrimination Act 1975 Section 18C struck down among them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm

The trio are the first people convicted under Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.
Religious tolerance enshrined in law. Fucking hell.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:58 pm

The trio are the first people convicted under Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.
No. Danny Nalliah and Daniel Scot were found to have breached the law in 2004 for a speech Scot delivered at a seminar concerning Islam, sponsored by Catch the Fire Ministries in 2002. On appeal, the Supreme court set aside the finding in 2006, though.

I regard the law as worse than favouring religious tolerance. It is basically a return of the blasphemy law, only this time all religions are protected by it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:00 pm

There has been plenty of left wing street theatre over the years, some of which involved burning flags or dummies of world leaders.

As rEv said, these guys are grade-A arseholes, but the ruling is definitely concerning.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 am

Actually, now that I recall the news report, part of the charge was the damage they caused; apparently, the fake blood created a big mess that took a lot of cleaning up...

The moral is, when next you stage a public mock beheading with fake blood, be sure to do it over something that will soak up the mess, so the poor bloody cleaning staff don't have to work overtime... :prof:
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:20 am

JimC wrote:Actually, now that I recall the news report, part of the charge was the damage they caused; apparently, the fake blood created a big mess that took a lot of cleaning up...
That charge was withdrawn by prosecution's request. Where you got the "big mess that took a lot of cleaning up" from? Unless oil based paint or something like that was used it sounds like an unlikely story.
Last edited by Hermit on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:24 am

Strange, because that at least was legit...
And my gin!

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 am

Just a bunch of good ol' patriotic Aussie boys standing up for what's right, the vilification of Islam. Hopefully this ridiculous legal precedent encourages more Aussies to repeat this protest in front of Mosques everywhere.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 am

Tyrannical wrote:Just a bunch of good ol' patriotic Aussie boys standing up for what's right, the vilification of Islam. Hopefully this ridiculous legal precedent encourages more Aussies to repeat this protest in front of Mosques everywhere.
As far as holy scriptures go, the Bible, and the buildings in which they have pride of place on prominent pulpits are no less worth vilifying.