rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by rainbow » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 am

superuniverse wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:37 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:44 pm
anyway, just telling people to look at nostre dame is argument of authority, not a scientific proof

It's an argument from religious truth, which is absolute.
Which religion would that be?

How do you know that your religion is the correct one?

Show your working (10 marks)
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:25 am

superuniverse wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:44 pm
anyway, just telling people to look at nostre dame is argument of authority, not a scientific proof

It's an argument from religious truth, which is absolute.
That's not how you spell obsolete. :)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:59 am

:clap: good one Brian
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:58 am

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:38 am

Weird thing happened to me. Spent last night listening to Gangsta's Paradise for no reason. I rarely listen to songs on YouTube. Today I find Coolio died. Still within the realm of possibility, but I am curious of your stories of strange coincidences.

Another one:

The final day I visited my father three years ago, I asked him what my name was and he replied "Dennis". The final word exchanged. The next day he was dead.

Proof, at least to me, of an Afterlife.

All are within the realm of probability but strange nevertheless.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:43 am

superuniverse wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:38 am
Weird thing happened to me. Spent last night listening to Gangsta's Paradise for no reason. I rarely listen to songs on YouTube. Today I find Coolio died. Still within the realm of possibility, but I am curious of your stories of strange coincidences.

Another one:

The final day I visited my father three years ago, I asked him what my name was and he replied "Dennis". The final word exchanged. The next day he was dead.

Proof, at least to me, of an Afterlife.

All are within the realm of probability but strange nevertheless.
Add to it further it was a "rap" song which I generally hate. Plus I also downloaded the movie "Dangerous Minds" being so enthralled by the song.

Didn't watch it yet.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm

superuniverse wrote:
"for no reason"? I guess that the reason was that other people were already aware of Coolio's death and therefore topics surrounding him were trending. Maybe you read about the song somewhere where people were discussing it or heard it played on the radio without being aware it was played/discussed because of his death. Or youtube suggested it to you because many other people were listening to it at the same time.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:14 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm
superuniverse wrote:
"for no reason"? I guess that the reason was that other people were already aware of Coolio's death and therefore topics surrounding him were trending. Maybe you read about the song somewhere where people were discussing it or heard it played on the radio without being aware it was played/discussed because of his death. Or youtube suggested it to you because many other people were listening to it at the same time.
The ways of the InterWebz are mysterious, therefore God.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:32 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm
superuniverse wrote:
Well, it was the day before his death. I guess if he was near death then it's possible he was talked about.

Edit: after deeper looking, he died suddenly of a heart attack so there is no reason he would be trending the day before his death.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm

You wrote today "last night". That would be after his death.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:55 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm
It was definitely before his death.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:59 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:55 pm
NineBerry wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:53 pm
It was definitely before his death.
I follow the news rather closely so I would of noticed this as it made front page pretty well everywhere.

But it does show how you like to interfere with other peoples' beliefs. Exactly what we do here to you...

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:06 pm

THE END OF EFFECTIVE SOCIAL MOVEMENTS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/ ... enon-59670

It is unfortunate that they take the names of members of a New Left organization and link it with mental illness. The actual name of the organization is RED ARMY FACTION or RAF. The Baader-Meinhof Gang is the name created by the Springer Press and West German government to isolate the movement from the masses at large. In contrast, the James Randi Group have successfully associated not only political opposition to the system as a form of mental illness, but also any type of non-empirical religious belief.

How they make a New Left movement appear as a pathological psychological condition! Scoff!

Likewise, the police and the so-called “authorities” lack the intelligence to tell the difference between authentic political protest and criminality!

At this stage only DIVINE INTERVENTION can save us from being completely suffocated and buried by MONOPOLY STATE CAPITALISM – SCOFF!

WHO ARE THE REAL TERRORISTS?

34 dead compared to the millions dead in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, etc.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:11 pm

The truth is the exact opposite of what he says:

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, AND ALL THINGS ARE INTERCONNECTED WITH EACH OTHER.