Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
superuniverse

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:42 am

Peacock,

Failed to see your website proving atheism. You had an entire forum to do it but couldn't.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:44 am

Atheism doesn't need to be proved. It is the bizarre claims of religion which need proof.

Proof that has never been forthcoming...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:48 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 am
superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:30 am
superuniverse wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:44 am
JimC wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:24 pm
Oh yes I do. What I am saying is that the observable universe, which includes humans and their behaviour, can be understood and explained by purely rational and material phenomena. Supernatural explanations are not evidence based, and rely solely on faith and emotion. I reject any such nonsense absolutely - it is a hangover from our past, when natural phenomena such as lightning and thunder (now fully explained by purely material mechanisms) had to be attributed to agency such as a god. It is time to move on from the childhood of the human race...
So something that does not currently exist in the natural world such as Utopia would be supernatural?
utopia
NOUN
an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect
Thanks to human imagination, there are myriads of imagined places. Narnia, Middle Earth, the list goes on. Imaginary is a different category to supernatural.

I enjoy reading about them, but, not being delusional, at the same time I know they do not exist in the same sense as places in the real world...

So supernatural would be anything that doesn't currently exist in the natural world?
Super = above, over, on the top (of), beyond, besides, in addition to.
Natural = existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Equivocate = use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself.

:tea:
Lol. Using your definition, THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS SUPERNATURAL...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:37 am

superuniverse wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:42 am
Peacock,

Failed to see your website proving atheism. You had an entire forum to do it but couldn't.
Isn't your thread supposed to be about "Scientific Proof Of God"? After more than four years and over 1700 of your posts you should get a start on it. And no, you have not done so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:10 am

JimC wrote:
superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:24 pm
Oh yes I do. What I am saying is that the observable universe, which includes humans and their behaviour, can be understood and explained by purely rational and material phenomena. Supernatural explanations are not evidence based, and rely solely on faith and emotion. I reject any such nonsense absolutely - it is a hangover from our past, when natural phenomena such as lightning and thunder (now fully explained by purely material mechanisms) had to be attributed to agency such as a god. It is time to move on from the childhood of the human race...
So something that does not currently exist in the natural world such as Utopia would be supernatural?
utopia
NOUN
Thanks to human imagination, there are myriads of imagined places. Narnia, Middle Earth, the list goes on. Imaginary is a different category to supernatural.

I enjoy reading about them, but, not being delusional, at the same time I know they do not exist in the same sense as places in the real world...
Because places like paradise and hell, as described in various fictional/religious works, are not imaginary?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:12 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:44 am
Atheism doesn't need to be proved. It is the bizarre claims of religion which need proof.

god doesn't exist, it has been empirically proven. Many spationauts, starting with Yuri Gararin, have been in the heavens, none ever reported seeing a god.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:12 am
JimC wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:44 am

god doesn't exist, it has been empirically proven. Many spationauts, starting with Yuri Gararin, have been in the heavens, none ever reported seeing a god.
By your reasoning black swans did not exist either...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:23 am

Well, they were eventually discovered weren't they? where do you think we might have to go to find divine beings?

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:59 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:37 am
superuniverse wrote:
Peacock,

Isn't your thread supposed to be about "Scientific Proof Of God"? After more than four years and over 1700 of your posts you should get a start on it. And no, you have not done so.

And what have you proven? Other than being an anonymous coward and liar?

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:07 am

superuniverse wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:59 am
Hermit wrote:
superuniverse wrote:
Peacock,

And what have you proven? Other than being an anonymous coward and liar?

And for the rest of you, Hermit has dug his own grave. Remember that.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:08 am

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:23 am
Well, they were eventually discovered weren't they? where do you think we might have to go to find divine beings?
You have missed my point, which is that lack of evidence for the existence of x is not proof that x does not exist.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:14 am

superuniverse wrote:
Hermit wrote:
superuniverse wrote:
Peacock,

And what have you proven?
I have not set out to prove anything. All I keep doing is to ask you to provide your scientific proof of god already.
superuniverse wrote:
Other than being an anonymous coward and liar?
Prove it.

Signed: Norbert Domke

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:43 am

Dennis the FOOL. As Carl Sagan said (and will keep on repeating it) "We are a third planet going around a third rate star on the edge of one galaxy that is one of millions in this one universe". This has been added to by greater minds than you and your cronies have to the extent that this universe is one of many existing in various dimensions.
This thought is away beyond you and other idiot theist FOOLS. The primitive goat herders had no idea about space, time and other dimensions that is why there is no mention of it in you so called holy book; the mutterings of a FOOL.
What does your god do about the other planets? The ones Carl Sagan said were "more numerous as all the corals of sand of all the beaches on the earth". Does he have god helpers or little green men?
You just dont get it do you as your mind is so primitive just like an imam at the local mosque that thinks that a woman is worth two donkeys and that sperm comes from the spine and once in the womb forms the egg. Your mind is just so primitive that you believe a primitive mind can explain the future.

Dennis the FOOL you have no evidence scientific or otherwise. Idiots like you cause so much suffering all I can think is an old Dutch saying; "krijg de kleren" and I hope you do and take a long overdue holiday.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:35 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 am
superuniverse wrote:
JimC wrote:
superuniverse wrote:
utopia
NOUN

So supernatural would be anything that doesn't currently exist in the natural world?
Super = above, over, on the top (of), beyond, besides, in addition to.
Natural = existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Equivocate = use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself.

:tea:
Lol. Using your definition, THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS SUPERNATURAL...
I think you'll have to show your work there Dennis. How can the natural world be above/beyond the natural world?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:38 pm

superuniverse wrote:Peacock,

What evidence would you accept for me not being convinced by and/or not believing in your myths and fables?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT