Satanists Turn Fred Phelps' Dead Mom Gay

Holy Crap!
Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Satanists Turn Fred Phelps' Dead Mom Gay

Post by Robert_S » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:40 am

huffingtonpost.com wrote:
'Pink Mass' Has Made Westboro Baptist Church Founder's Mom Gay In Afterlife, Satanists Claim

By now, everyone's just about had it with the Westboro Baptist Church, a group whose members use national tragedies as opportunities to forward anti-gay hate speech. Ironically, their planned protests often bring communities together in opposition to their message. Now, an unlikely group has mounted a gay offensive against the WBC.

On Sunday, July 14, the Satanic Temple, a New York-based organization that seeks to foster "benevolence and empathy among all people" through Satan, performed a ritual called a "pink mass" at the Mississippi gravesite of Catherine Idalette Johnston, mother of WBC founder Fred Phelps Jr.

The aim? To "turn" the WBC founder's mom gay for all eternity.

"Upon completion of the pink mass ceremony, Catherine Johnston is now gay in the afterlife," notes the Satanic Temple website, which has the cheeky URL http://www.westboro-baptist.com. "Fred Phelps is obligated to believe that his mother is now gay ... [and] if beliefs are inviolable rights, nobody has the right to challenge our right to believe that Fred Phelps believes that his mother is now gay."

The latter assertion appears to be a play on the WBC's own stance that their beliefs are totally infallible.

The Pink Mass was performed twice -- once with two gay men, and once with two lesbians -- in an affirmation of the Satanist Temple's belief in "freedom and the pursuit of happiness for all people." The temple is now encouraging same-sex couples to visit the grave and perform their own pink masses.

According to the Satanist Temple website, temple spokesman Lucien Greaves officiated the ceremonies while wearing horned headgear, and then proceeded to put his penis on Johnston's grave (NSFW, obviously).

Read more...
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Re: Satanists Turn Fred Phelps' Dead Mom Gay

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:48 am

Too bad she wasn't gay from the start.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 am

Phelps is the best friend the gay rights movement ever had.

Kinda like Sarah Palin was indispensable to the 2008 Obama campaign.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

hadespussercats
I've come for your pants.
About me: Looks pretty good, coming out of the back of his neck like that.

Post by hadespussercats » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:39 am

This is fucking awesome.
Out of the people that ever were, almost all of them are dead.
There are way more dead people, and you're all gonna die
and then you're gonna be dead for way longer than you're alive.
Like that's mostly what you're ever gonna be.
You're just dead people that didn't die yet.
--Louis C.K.
The green careening planet
spins blindly in the dark
so close to annihilation.

Listen. No one listens. Meow.

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 am

Satanism is fairly boring, I reckon, but this is a grand jape. :)
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

blindfaith

Post by blindfaith » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:59 am

also from their website
Satanic Temple Adopt-a-Highway Campaign

Help The Satanic Temple spread their message as they enter the adopt-a-highway program in New York City where they will maintain voluntary beautification of a stretch of public highway for at least 2 years by way of litter cleanup and landscaping.

Once approved, the New York Department of Transportation will erect a blue-and-white sign acknowledging The Satanic Temple as the adopters of the designated piece of highway, helping promote a message of Satanic Civic pride and social responsibility.

Please contribute to this campaign at crowdsourcing site indiegogo.com: http://igg.me/at/TST-Adopt-a-Highway/x/3532086
The devil is among you and keeping your highways litter free.....wait what!! good ol beelzebubble :td:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:02 am

Satanic Mess!

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Is this something you could order, for your funeral? I don't want a religious funeral, but this would be a touching and sensitive send-off.

I don't want to be made gay though. But if there was a bisexual option, it might be worth going for.
Being gay might be lonely, but being bisexual would leave me more options than I have being straight.

But knowing my luck, I'll just end up feeding the hermaphrodite worms.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.