Tories renew pledge to allow public sector workers to form c

floppit
Forum Mebmer

Tories renew pledge to allow public sector workers to form c

Post by floppit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:26 am

"But the essential principle that people in the public sector, whether they are community nursing teams, primary schools, jobcentres, would be able to take ownership of their own enterprise and run it as a non-for-profit social enterprise or cooperative providing state services is exactly what we are talking about."
George Osborne, the shadow chancellor, hailed the policy as the biggest shift of power to workers since Margaret Thatcher introduced the right to buy council houses in the 1980s.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010 ... es-osborne

So... you get to 'buy' the sinking ship, not to make money from it, not to cash in, but so that you can have a bash at how to make the cheap margarine spread even thinner on the bread. And this is somehow comparable to buying your council house for a fraction of it's market value, then selling it and being £K's richer? Anyone see a slight flaw in this? Anyone suspect a bit of coercion will be needed? ..... oooooo.... but wait, you get to lose the job security and pension. :drool: And what happens to the sacked managers? Is it that anyone the co-op decides is a muppet just has to go? No tribunal? No argument - just leave quietly? Of course those involved in social care blame the managers, not one of them blames lack of funding or other services, nobody despairs at the politics, or the LA (would the voted in LA still have the over arching say re how budgets are spent?) - yeah, pure sarcasm.

To echo another respected posters words - If you vote conservative I'm going to kill you!
"Whatever it is, it spits and it goes 'WAAARGHHHHHHHH' - that's probably enough to suggest you shouldn't argue with it." Mousy.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Tories renew pledge to allow public sector workers to form c

Post by Rum » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 am

While these are all good points - and I agree with you as it happens, we are all, in the public sector, and by association (because of poorer service) the rest of the public, going to be taking a massive hit after the election. I suspect we are in for a few major, and scary, surprises. Nobody is talking right now because they don't want to scare the votes away.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: Tories renew pledge to allow public sector workers to form c

Post by klr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 am

So, is this supposed to be an appeal to Labour tendencies (power to the people, etc.), or to Tory sympathies (less government interference and bureaucracy, etc.). Or both? :what:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob: