The Ambitious Mr. DeSantis

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

The Ambitious Mr. DeSantis

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat May 27, 2023 12:44 am

Oh yeah, he's running for the office of President of the United States he is. He's been trolling for at least a year now, raising his name recognition on the American political scene. Owning the libs like a boss. Or something. Officially (if not particularly adeptly) throwing his hat in the ring now, so might as well devote a thread to the repulsive little man with a high opinion of himself. Like it or not.

The editorial board of Scientific American is not impressed. We don't need another Ronny. Seriously.

'Ron DeSantis's Antiscience Agenda Is Dangerous'
What Ron DeSantis has done in Florida mirrors efforts in other states, including Texas. He is among a new class of conservative lawmakers who speak of freedom while restricting freedom. This political maneuvering is part of building his national presence yet it does not represent most Americans’ views. The population of Florida is growing faster than most other places in the U.S., but the state is now poised to have fewer critical thinkers, fewer people of color as educators and as the subjects of education, more deaths in childbirth, and scores of people in the throes of crisis because of their identities. A country led by someone wielding such cruelty, bigotry and megalomania will never be “a more perfect Union.”

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Re: The Ambitious Mr. DeSantis

Post by Woodbutcher » Sat May 27, 2023 1:03 am

It's good that the KKK party finally launched a candidate!
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat May 27, 2023 2:04 am

Speaking of things Floridean, where the fuck is laklak?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 27, 2023 3:43 am

Is it over yet?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue May 30, 2023 1:17 am

The ridiculous menacing invective will continue until morale improves. So, no.

'Ron DeSantis Declares He's Running For President to "Destroy Leftism"'
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) joined Fox & Friends on Monday morning for a lengthy interview about his 2024 presidential campaign and at one point was asked point blank to make the pitch for why now is the time for him to run.

“Why is right now the time for Ron DeSantis to run for president?” asked Fox host Joey Jones.

“Because everyone knows if I’m the nominee, I will beat Biden and I will serve two terms and I will be able to destroy leftism in this country and leave woke ideology on the dustbin of history,” DeSantis replied.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 30, 2023 2:50 am

Defeat leftism and have a one party state. :ab:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue May 30, 2023 4:03 am

Mere defeat is unacceptable.
Leftism must be destroyed.
[The last Cultural Marxist strangled with
the guts of the last woke stooge.]
Make America as Free as Florida. :teef:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:19 am

You’d think kidnapping would get you barred from ever holding office. :dunno:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:35 am

Bleh? I thought being a felon barred you from voting and owning guns, but you still can get elected?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:38 am

He's currently locked a death battle with the mouse:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-03/ ... /102405496
Florida, with its plentiful beaches and elaborate night life, is well known as a haven for tourists

One of the state's more alluring trademarks is Disney World, a 10,117 hectare community that contains four theme parks, two water parks, 40 hotels and an entire shopping precinct.

But all is not well.

Florida's governor — and recent presidential hopeful — Ron DeSantis launched a bid to strip the company of its power in the state.

Disney retaliated by launching a legal battle against him personally.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:28 am

the mouse empire has successfully lobbied congress and had laws tailored to its wishes passed, and that fool desantis tries to oppose them? he'll never get to be part of the ticket...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:10 pm

Governor DeSantis demanded that the US College Board revise its course curriculum for the Advanced Placement Psychology unit to omit references to gender identity and sexuality. Since the so-called 'Don't Say Gay' law was expanded to include all grades of instruction up to high school graduation, that course would be in violation. Advanced Placement is a program that brings basic university-level courses to high school students. The College Board has refused to comply with DeSantis's demand.

'College Board Won't Change AP Courses to Comply With DeSantis' Anti-Education Law'
A day before the deadline Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave to the College Board to comply with his law restricting classroom discussions of sexual orientation and gender identity by amending its Advanced Placement class curricula, the company told the Republican governor's administration that it will not be making the demanded changes.

The Florida Department of Education ordered the College Board in May to change its Advanced Placement (AP) high school psychology course, which addresses gender identity and sexuality, saying the course had to comply with Florida's restrictions on classroom teaching through 12th grade.

DeSantis, who is running for president in 2024, gave the nonprofit company until June 16 to determine how the course had to be changed.

The College Board said Thursday that withholding information about gender dysphoria, gender identity, and sexual orientation from students studying human psychology "would break the fundamental promise of AP."

"Colleges wouldn't broadly accept that course for credit and that course wouldn't prepare students for careers in the discipline," said the company.

The American Psychological Association (APA) expressed its support for the College Board's decision to stand against DeSantis' "unconscionable demand to censor an educational curriculum and test that were designed by college faculty and experienced AP teachers who ensure that the course and exam reflect the state of the science and college-level expectations."

"Educators cannot teach psychology and exclude an entire group of people from the curriculum," APA CEO Arthur C. Evans Jr. added. "Florida is proposing to remove an important body of science from the AP curriculum and test, which will leave students unprepared to continue studying psychology in college."

Evans also directly took aim at DeSantis' numerous attempts to control students' access to information about gender identity and LGBTQ+ communities.

"This law is yet another attempt to erase LGBTQ+ people from public view based on biased thinking and irrational fear," said Evans.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:43 am

Breaking free from the oppressive atmosphere of liberal arts schools, yeah.

'Speaking Your Mind in Ron DeSantis’ Free State of Florida Could Get You Fired'
Ron DeSantis and Christopher Rufo have built their political brands on combating cancel culture and censorial “wokeness.” They claim to oppose the authoritarian repression of free speech and open debate.

Tell that to the New College professor now out of a job after speaking his mind about the havoc they have wrought at the public honors college in Sarasota.

In January, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced a regime change at New College of Florida. The governor appointed six new trustees—most controversially, Christopher Rufo, an architect of the critical race theory (CRT) moral panic—to the board, which soon after fired the president and installed Republican politician Richard Corcoran as interim president.

Rufo and another DeSantis appointee held their first public meeting on campus in late January. It was a tense early episode in the conservative overhaul of the historically progressive school, which left a poor first impression on many in attendance. Among the displeased were visiting history professor Erik Wallenberg and visiting English professor Debarati Biswas, who thought the board members had demeaned the students in attendance who challenged them.

In a March op-ed in Teen Vogue, Wallenberg and Biswas expressed their growing concerns about the school’s new leadership, namely the trustees’ behavior at the initial meeting and subsequent “social media posts and interviews” that suggested they “are here to rule rather than help us thrive in our existing environment, where all fields of study are open to debate and discussion.”

Responding on Twitter the next day, Rufo called the authors “pure left-wing Mad Libs” and ridiculed their article for being published in Teen Vogue, before drawing attention to his critics’ shared status as contingent faculty members in adding, “Luckily, both are visiting professors.”

Rufo’s thinly-veiled threat was soon realized. This May, New College chose not to renew Wallenberg’s contract. The only discernible explanation is the history professor’s public opposition to the school’s new leadership.

The affair—sure to chill dissent on campus—marks the latest hardship the New College community has endured as collateral damage in DeSantis’ fatuous “war on woke.” Wallenberg describes the students and faculty as feeling “embattled” since the announcement of the new board members, and Biswas notes that “fear and extreme uncertainty” have taken hold on campus.

“The current goal of education is to really nurture the potential of every student to be producers of knowledge,” Biswas said. “[The new administration is] absolutely destroying that potential and that promise, and therefore creating a culture of fear.” Delaune, a rising second-year student, said the takeover has “felt like a horrible nightmare,” and described DeSantis and his appointees as “playing with my school” with “zero respect for us as people” or “for professors they don’t agree with.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:01 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:06 pm

:swoon: 'You're scaring Ron!' :lol:

Not just Ron. There's a whole demographic of Dominionist creeps and their fellow travellers who're terribly concerned.