The Gassings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

The Gassings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:10 pm

Oh, it was an accident. :lou:

'4th Infantry Division Accidentally Tear-Gassed its Own Soldiers During Morale Event'
Some 8,000 soldiers with the 4th Infantry Division were accidentally tear-gassed the day before Thanksgiving during a massive physical morale event in which soldiers scaled obstacles, went through trenches and ran up hills.

Division leadership overseeing the event at Fort Carson, Colorado, marked the boundaries of the course with tear gas, an unusual use of the chemical irritant given it can easily move with the wind.

The gas did shift with the wind on Nov. 23, settling on soldiers who were not told ahead of time they would be gassed. They did not have gas masks, a standard requirement for any time chemical irritants are deployed in training.

"The purpose of this event was to build unit cohesion. Leaders at echelon participated in this event with Soldiers," Dee McNutt, a Fort Carson spokesperson, told Military.com in a statement. "The limited use of CS [gas] was not intended to interfere with the formations but to deter participants from leaving the course."

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: The Gassings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Post by Svartalf » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Will the officers responsible for this get court martialed and discharged for being too stupid to order a pizza, let alone soldiers, or will the whole division desert en masse>?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Re: The Gassings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Post by rasetsu » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:37 pm

I'll bet the unit is more cohesive now, more cohesive in their distrust of their leaders.