Rushdie Stabbed

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Rushdie Stabbed

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 am

It is inspiring to see how well the Abrahamic religions serve to justify vicious self-righteousness. They will always provide a rationale for vile shits to call down and/or implement 'divine justice' to protect the sanctity of their hideous creep of a god.

'Salman Rushdie is on ventilator and may lose an eye after attack, agent says'
Professor Carl LeVan was in the audience for Rushdie’s event at the Chautauqua Institution. He told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
I was sitting about 14 or 15 rows back from the stage, it’s a fairly large amphitheatre, here we call it the Amp. It seats a few thousand people and it’s a covered amphitheatre and I was just settling into my seat around 10.45am, a few minutes beforehand, we knew this was going to be a very popular event, he is a very well-known speaker, author, novelist and proponent of human rights.

One of the hosts for the event, one of the staff members of the Chautauqua Institution was describing the program and shortly after he started talking, a man rushed onto the stage and repeatedly and viciously stabbed Salman Rushdie. And there were just gaps of shock from the audience, we were all sitting down, many of us stood up. A few courageous and compassionate people went up the stage and it was just a really horrible act of intolerance and violence to witness.
Le Van said Rushdie’s attacker “was trying to stab him as many times as possible before he was subdued”, saying he believed the man “was trying to kill” the author.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Rushdie Stabbed

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:43 am

I don't know the guy who did this, but if I were to write precisely the kind of fate I wish for him, I'd get censored.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:22 am

Effective vituperation needn't devolve into hate speech.

As for indulging in vengeance fantasies, I suppose the more florid the better.
Over the top vengeance narratives are a central tradition in the realm we are considering, after all. :ddpan:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 am

At any rate, I hope Mr Rushdie survives and does not suffer bad sequels, I guess that even at his age, he still has a few books in him that will please literary critics and that I won't read anyway.
Last edited by Svartalf on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:33 am

Fundamentalism is a particularly vicious mind parasite, that knows no bounds to inflicting violence on those it deems enemies...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:42 am

I so wish the saudis and israelis team up to blow up khomeini's mausoleum complex...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:44 am

Svartalf wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 am
At any rate, I hope Mr Rushdie survives and does not suffer bad sequels, I guess that even at his age, he still has a few books in him that will please literary critics and that I won't read anyway.
His stuff might not be for you, but I have got considerable enjoyment from it. He is a splendid story teller, in my opinion.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:45 am

I certainly won't deny others enjoyment of his works.
It's not my style, but I have no ill to say of it.

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 am

A sad loner. Nothing to see here. He was acting alone, if you ignore the hundreds of millions of a congruent mindset in the background. then there was the culprit...
WeAreAStableCountry

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 am
A sad loner. Nothing to see here. He was acting alone, if you ignore the hundreds of millions of a congruent mindset in the background. then there was the culprit...
Hundreds of millions intent on committing murder motivated by their religion? Admittedly, this is anecdotal, but none of the Muslims I know, of which one is an Imam, are even remotely of that mindset. And no, they are not trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Like the Christians I have met, they are motivated by making ends meet in their lives, raise a brood if they do have children, enjoy life and be left in peace.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:49 am

Hermit wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am
aufbahrung wrote:
Hundreds of millions intent on committing murder motivated by their religion? Admittedly, this is anecdotal, but none of the Muslims I know, of which one is an Imam, are even remotely of that mindset. And no, they are not trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Like the Christians I have met, they are motivated by making ends meet in their lives, raise a brood if they do have children, enjoy life and be left in peace.
I agree that is true of the majority of muslims, but Islam itself is dangerously prone to violent fundamentalism.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:49 am
Hermit wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am
aufbahrung wrote:
I agree that is true of the majority of muslims, but Islam itself is dangerously prone to violent fundamentalism.
You can say that of almost any religion or political ideology.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:32 pm

Muslims like Christians are docile, wouldn't hurt a fly, in societies where they have a minority controlling stake. Give them total power and see them regenerate like the snake in that soul song.... https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/13/salman-r ... -17177734/
WeAreAStableCountry

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:37 pm

Never understand people who sup with the Allah Devil God Thing using only a short spoon.

WeAreAStableCountry

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:33 pm

Just one idiot working alone - but they managed to clone him?

WeAreAStableCountry