Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:12 am

Michigan is charging the stooges who signed on as submitting an 'alternate' i.e. fraudulent slate of Michigan Electoral College votes for Trump.

'Sixteen people charged in Michigan 2020 false elector scheme'
Sixteen people who signed paperwork falsely claiming Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election in Michigan have been criminally charged, Michigan’s attorney general, Dana Nessel, a Democrat, announced on Tuesday.

Michigan was one of several swing states that Trump lost in 2020 in which he and his legal team convened alternate slates of electors as part of an effort to overturn the election. The Tuesday charges mark the first time any of the electors have been charged.

Each of the fake electors was charged with eight felony counts, including multiple counts of forgery, a felony punishable by 14 years in prison in Michigan. The other charges include conspiracy to commit forgery, conspiracy to commit uttering and publishing, conspiracy to commit election law forgery, and election law forgery. The charges were filed in state court in Lansing, the Michigan capital.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:24 am

Chickens coming home to roost...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:01 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:12 am
Michigan is charging the stooges who signed on as submitting an 'alternate' i.e. fraudulent slate of Michigan Electoral College votes for Trump.

'Sixteen people charged in Michigan 2020 false elector scheme'
Sixteen people who signed paperwork falsely claiming Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election in Michigan have been criminally charged, Michigan’s attorney general, Dana Nessel, a Democrat, announced on Tuesday.

Michigan was one of several swing states that Trump lost in 2020 in which he and his legal team convened alternate slates of electors as part of an effort to overturn the election. The Tuesday charges mark the first time any of the electors have been charged.

Each of the fake electors was charged with eight felony counts, including multiple counts of forgery, a felony punishable by 14 years in prison in Michigan. The other charges include conspiracy to commit forgery, conspiracy to commit uttering and publishing, conspiracy to commit election law forgery, and election law forgery. The charges were filed in state court in Lansing, the Michigan capital.
"a Democrat" does a lot of the heaving lifting there - for both sides of the aisle I suspect. The US has fallen into sectarianism, just like Gingrich thought it should.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:34 am

Given it is sadly likely that a Republican in that position would choose not to bring charges, I tend to agree.

The goon featured in the OP of this thread has been charged in the Georgia indictment which also charged Trump with numerous counts.

'2 Chicago-area people indicted with Trump, accused of trying to overturn Georgia election results'
A Chicago publicist who worked with R. Kelly and Kanye West and a suburban Lutheran minister are among those indicted late Monday for their alleged involvement in a scheme to pressure an election worker in Fulton County, Georgia, to falsely admit to committing election fraud in 2020.

Trevian C. Kutti and Stephen Cliffgard Lee are two of the 19 people charged in the 41-count indictment accusing former President Donald Trump and his allies of a criminal enterprise to overturn his narrow loss in Georgia during the 2020 presidential election.

Kutti is a publicist based in Chicago who also recently worked as an Illinois pot lobbyist. Lee, a 70-year-old Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod minister, is a pastor at Living Word Lutheran Church in Orland Park.

Kutti and Lee each face three charges of conspiring to commit solicitation of false statements and writings, influencing witnesses and violating Georgia’s RICO Act, the state’s racketeering law.

Lee was charged with an additional two counts of “criminal intent to commit influencing witnesses.”

Kutti and Lee were accused of attempting to influence the same election worker multiple times in December 2020 and January 2021 in Fulton County, Georgia.

The nearly 100-page indictment alleges Kutti, Lee and other co-conspirators tried to intimidate election worker Ruby Freeman to falsely confess to election crimes she did not commit. Freeman helped count ballots at Atlanta’s State Farm Arena on election night.

Trump and his supporters baselessly accused Freeman and her daughter of stuffing voting boxes with ballots brought into the arena in suitcases.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:55 pm

What a terrible thing to happen to two wonderful patriots/'western chauvinists.'

'Judge sentences ex-Proud Boys leaders to 17 and 15-year terms for US Capitol attack'
A federal judge on Thursday sentenced former far-right Proud Boys leaders Joseph Biggs to 17 years in prison and his co-defendant Zachary Rehl to 15 years, after a jury convicted them of seditious conspiracy for storming the U.S. Capitol in a failed bid to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election defeat.

The prison terms handed down by U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly for Biggs and Rehl, the first Proud Boys convicted of seditious conspiracy to be sentenced for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, were below U.S. sentencing guidelines and far lower than the 33-year and 30-year terms sought by federal prosecutors.

Kelly said on Thursday he was not "trying to minimize the violence" that occurred on Jan. 6, but he noted that the event was still not on par with a mass casualty event and imposing a stricter sentence could create disparities.

Ahead of his sentencing, Biggs apologized for his actions as he faced Kelly, choking up as he spoke about his daughter whom he said was a sexual assault victim who needs him while he has been locked up.

“I was seduced by the crowd, and I just moved forward. My curiosity got the better of me,” said Biggs. “I’m not a terrorist. I don’t have hate in my heart.”

Rehl, meanwhile, broke down crying as he read a statement, as his lawyer stood next to him with his hand on Rehl's back.

“I regret involving myself with any of it,” he said. He added that he let politics consume his life and he “lost track of who and what matters.”

He also apologized for letting his family down and asked if Kelly could send him to a federal prison close to his home.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:35 pm

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:15 pm

—federal prison too, that’s a long time.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:32 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:55 pm
What a terrible thing to happen to two wonderful patriots/'western chauvinists.'

'Judge sentences ex-Proud Boys leaders to 17 and 15-year terms for US Capitol attack'
A federal judge on Thursday sentenced former far-right Proud Boys leaders Joseph Biggs to 17 years in prison and his co-defendant Zachary Rehl to 15 years, after a jury convicted them of seditious conspiracy for storming the U.S. Capitol in a failed bid to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election defeat.

The prison terms handed down by U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly for Biggs and Rehl, the first Proud Boys convicted of seditious conspiracy to be sentenced for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, were below U.S. sentencing guidelines and far lower than the 33-year and 30-year terms sought by federal prosecutors.

Kelly said on Thursday he was not "trying to minimize the violence" that occurred on Jan. 6, but he noted that the event was still not on par with a mass casualty event and imposing a stricter sentence could create disparities.

Ahead of his sentencing, Biggs apologized for his actions as he faced Kelly, choking up as he spoke about his daughter whom he said was a sexual assault victim who needs him while he has been locked up.

“I was seduced by the crowd, and I just moved forward. My curiosity got the better of me,” said Biggs. “I’m not a terrorist. I don’t have hate in my heart.”

Rehl, meanwhile, broke down crying as he read a statement, as his lawyer stood next to him with his hand on Rehl's back.

“I regret involving myself with any of it,” he said. He added that he let politics consume his life and he “lost track of who and what matters.”

He also apologized for letting his family down and asked if Kelly could send him to a federal prison close to his home.
Bhah, Terre Haute has a healthy climate, and some very interesting residents...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:51 am

Rehl's attorney asked disingenuous questions--unless he's a complete numbskull (hard to make it through law school and bar exam, but possible) he knows the answers to them.

'Jan. 6 attorney asks judge why his client, and not Trump, got "seditious conspiracy" charge'
“I wonder why that man [Trump] isn’t charged with seditious conspiracy,” attorney Norm Pattis said in front of a D.C. courtroom ahead of his client, Zachary Rehl, receiving a 15-year prison sentence.
The Justice Department lawyers looked at the evidence and didn't see a strong enough case.
“What they did is they listened to the president of the United States who for months said … the election was stolen,” Pattis continued.

“What reason did they have to know otherwise?” he asked.
60 Trump election cases dismissed or lost, numerous reports from reliable sources (and from within the Trump admin) on the falsehood of Trump & co.'s claims.

“This wasn’t a crowd that decided to engage in mayhem,” Pattis noted.
:lol:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:25 am

Two more of the Proud Boys gleeps got significant sentences on Sept. 1.

'Two Proud Boys sentenced for roles in Capitol attack on January 6'
The first man to be sentenced Friday, Dominic Pezzola, was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Pezzola smashed through a window to the US Capitol with a police riot shield on January 6, allowing the first wave of rioters to storm the building as members of Congress were being evacuated. Pezzola quickly became a symbol of the violence that day.

Ethan Nordean, a Proud Boy from Washington State who took over leading the group after longtime Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio was arrested on his way to Washington, DC, days before the January 6 riot, was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
This is Pezzola--note the t-shirt.

FAFO = 'Fuck Around [and] Find Out' :lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:13 am

One black glove. Obviously an MJ fan.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:14 pm

—when it’s all about image I guess

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:46 pm

That's the face of modern masculinity.

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:05 am

He seems like a true believer, didn’t express any remorse despite having been in jail this whole time. I believe the other two recently sentenced had more invested and they still did the usual ‘gee, I’m sorry now that you caught me’. But not this guy.

He had only joined the proud boys 30 days before January 6. —overachiever

edit: they all did the remorse bit but apparently it’s a thing for some of them to carry on after sentencing about how Trump won! :dunno: —weird bunch
Last edited by Sean Hayden on Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:17 am

duplicate