Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:31 am

US Representative Scott Perry (Pennsylvania) was one of the main pushers and plotters in the effort to overthrow democracy in the US and install Trump as El Caudillo Supremo. Of course he is unlikely to face any consequences, but he may be feeling a little uncomfortable.

'Fight over Rep. Perry’s phone has prevented review of 2,200 documents in Jan. 6 probe'
A secret legal fight over Rep. Scott Perry’s (R-Pa.) phone has prevented the Justice Department from reviewing more than 2,200 documents for more than six months in the criminal investigation of efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, a federal judge disclosed Friday evening.

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl A. Howell of Washington, D.C., released a series of previously sealed opinions after finding that the “powerful public interest” in the constitutional battle over Perry’s claims and the probe into whether President Donald Trump and his supporters violated criminal laws outweighed the need for secrecy.

The Pennsylvania Republican has asserted that 2,219 documents contained on his phone are shielded by the Constitution’s “speech or debate” clause, which grants members of Congress immunity from criminal investigation. But in a December ruling, Howell rejected that claim for more than 90 percent of the records, ordering Perry to turn over 2,055 texts, emails and attachments after finding they were only incidentally related to his status as a lawmaker, not core and constitutionally protected actions of lawmaking.

“What is plain is that the Clause does not shield Rep. Perry’s random musings with private individuals touting an expertise in cybersecurity or political discussions with attorneys from a presidential campaign, or with state legislators concerning hearings before them about possible local election fraud or actions they could take to challenge election results in Pennsylvania,” Howell wrote.

Perry is a key figure who sought to help Trump replace the attorney general after the 2020 election with former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark and get the Justice Department to reverse its finding that President Biden was elected fairly, according to the House committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters. The Justice Department has separately prioritized and obtained access to 37 emails between Perry and Trump-connected attorneys John Eastman, a lawyer who pushed false claims of mass voter fraud in 2020, Clark and aide Ken Klukowski, as well as 331 documents from Clark about his Jan. 6 role, according to the filings.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:57 am

The former president made three phone calls pressuring Georgia state officials to diddle the election. We knew about two of them, but the report is that the grand jury in Georgia has listened to a recording of a third. A clear pattern, which doesn't support a possible defense claim that it was merely an impulsive lapse in judgement.

'Behind the scenes of Trump grand jury; jurors hear 3rd leaked Trump call'
[Grand jurors] heard a recording of a phone call Trump placed to late Georgia House Speaker David Ralston in which the president asked the fellow Republican to convene a special session of the Legislature to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s narrow victory in Georgia.

One juror said Ralston proved to be “an amazing politician.”

The speaker “basically cut the president off. He said, ‘I will do everything in my power that I think is appropriate.’ … He just basically took the wind out of the sails,” the juror said. “‘Well, thank you,’ you know, is all the president could say.”

Ralston, who died in November, and other legislative leaders did not call a special session. A former Ralston aide declined to comment for this story, and a Trump campaign spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Ralston had previously told a North Georgia media outlet that he was contacted by Trump and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani in December 2020, but the existence of a tape had not been previously known.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:44 pm

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:30 pm

It's a race between Stormy Daniels and various Georgian election officials! :pop:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:32 pm

Poor Jack Smith. They got a head start. :{D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:05 pm

I think we'll see Stormy breast the tape at the finish line... :tea:
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:45 pm

On Mastodon today:
Dog whistle to English dictionary:

Soros - Jews
Coastal elites - Jews
New York values - Jews
Hollywood liberals - Jews
Globalists - Jews
International bankers - Jews
American Jews - Jews who dare question Israel’s government

I hope you enjoyed this week’s Jews Clues
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu May 04, 2023 4:04 pm

Oh those Proud Boys, the little scamps. A bit of harmless fun, really.

'Proud Boys leader found guilty of seditious conspiracy for driving Jan. 6 attack'
A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jurors also convicted the four men — who also include Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl — of conspiring to obstruct Congress’ proceedings on Jan. 6 and destroying government property. The jury deadlocked on seditious conspiracy against a fifth defendant, Dominic Pezzola, but convicted him of obstructing Congress’ Jan. 6 proceedings as well as several other felony charges.

Prosecutors cast Tarrio and the Proud Boys leaders as the most significant drivers of the Jan. 6 attack, assembling a “fighting force” that arrived at the Capitol even while Trump addressed a crowd of supporters near the White House. Members of the group were present for and involved in multiple breaches of police lines. They later celebrated their role in the breach.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Thu May 04, 2023 4:34 pm

But this was NOT, I repeat, NOT an insurrection!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 05, 2023 8:07 am

I bet they're still very proud. Probably banking on President Trump granting them a pardon on day one.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 am

Indeed. They're being treated very unfairly. Perhaps they will be awarded medals for their patriotism when Dear Leader finally regains his destined place.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat May 06, 2023 1:08 am

"Why doth treason never prosper?
Why, if it prospers, none dare call it treason..."
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu May 11, 2023 5:06 am

So I guess that's the top of the ladder for the J6 soldiers. I wonder which of the "officers" DOJ will go after first.

I remember reading that Trump's buddy Roger Stone is connected to the Proud Boys and took the Fifth when he appeared before the J6 Committee.

Wasn't he the Trump campaign's go between to Wikileaks in 2016?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 11, 2023 12:17 pm

Officers rarely carry the can for the misdeeds of the troops.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Fri May 12, 2023 3:08 am

When Visigoth's attack more a marker for the history books than a meaningful event. How could it be meaningful? The decline to fall is a ongoing and unstoppable event. The Visigoth component shows the fall is real and happening. No amount of autopsy will show greater significance than that.
WeAreAStableCountry