Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 am

Too right! The goddamn election was definitely stolen by all those people voting for the wrong guy, and the rest just not voting hard enough. Throw the lot of them in prison I say. :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 am

Gonna need a lot more FEMA camps. :whistle:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:11 pm

Jeez. That was a tortuous read.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

Sorry. I chose that source because it gives a picture of the 'FEMA camps!!!' meme in all its incoherent paranoia, in case any readers were unaware of it. My demented sense of humor at work--many of the same people that would be willing to believe Lindell's frothing rants would also tell you about FEMA camps. I got a smile out of turning it around and suggesting that Lindell's efforts would result in the supposed camps being used to further the conspiracy theorists' fascist aspirations.

'Seditious conspiracy' sounds about right. I think we can look forward to some cries of dismay from Fox News and probably a number of Republican politicians.

'Oath Keepers leader, 10 others charged in seditious plot to breach U.S. Capitol during January 6 insurrection'
Federal authorities on Thursday charged Stewart Rhodes, the leader and founder of the extremist far-right Oath Keepers militia, and 10 other people with seditious conspiracy and other crimes for their alleged roles in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

An indictment alleges that after the November 2020 presidential election, Rhodes and others conspired to oppose by force the transfer of presidential power from then-President Donald Trump to Joe Biden, which included plans to breach and try to take control of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The conspiracy allegedly involved the amassing of firearms on the outskirts of Washington, D.C, and distribution to so-called quick reaction force teams to support the effort to keep Trump in office.

The indictment is based in part on access to encrypted messages on the Signal app that federal authorities obtained access to.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:32 am

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:27 am

So the other shoe dropped. There was speculation that Garland was about to make a move after the speech he gave last week.

Too bad this twat isn't likely to be prosecuted.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Sorry. I chose that source because it gives a picture of the 'FEMA camps!!!' meme in all its incoherent paranoia, in case any readers were unaware of it. My demented sense of humor at work--many of the same people that would be willing to believe Lindell's frothing rants would also tell you about FEMA camps. I got a smile out of turning it around and suggesting that Lindell's efforts would result in the supposed camps being used to further the conspiracy theorists' fascist aspirations...
It gave me a vibe similar to those 'exclusive offers' for 'military grade binoculars' etc, where you click the ad out of idle curiosity and then find yourself scrolling to the bottom of three web pages on two different websites to find out how much they are, only to realise they're not really worth it and they probably won't arrive as promised even if you do send your first payment of $89.99 TODAY to reserve your items in this once in a lifetime offer.

Basically it's selling something that probably doesn't exist, but also probably couldn't exist.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 am

The false slates of electors purporting to represent Electoral College votes for Trump was an interesting sideline story but it wasn't given much attention a bit over a year ago, and then the Trumpist goons got into the Capitol to smear their shit around and break things, which was a nice splashy story that put everything else into its shadow.

Now, the fake electors are getting renewed attention; the apparent coordination between them, and the issue of how involved the Trump camp was in their effort.

'Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw fake electors plot in 7 states'
Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw efforts in December 2020 to put forward illegitimate electors from seven states that Trump lost, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the scheme.

The sources said members of former President Donald Trump's campaign team were far more involved than previously known in the plan, a core tenet of the broader plot to overturn President Joe Biden's victory when Congress counted the electoral votes on January 6.

Giuliani and his allies coordinated the nuts-and-bolts of the process on a state-by-state level, the sources told CNN. One source said there were multiple planning calls between Trump campaign officials and GOP state operatives, and that Giuliani participated in at least one call. The source also said the Trump campaign lined up supporters to fill elector slots, secured meeting rooms in statehouses for the fake electors to meet on December 14, 2020, and circulated drafts of fake certificates that were ultimately sent to the National Archives.
'"Absolutely" Enough Evidence to Charge Electoral College Fraudsters Says Michigan Attorney General'
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel says there is “absolutely” enough evidence to charge the 16 alleged fraudsters who are accused of attempting to sign and submit a fake, forged 2020 Electoral College “certificate” representing themselves as the legal electors, claiming falsely that Donald Trump won their state in the 2020 election.

Nessel has requested the federal government investigate and prosecute the group of 16 Republicans, but said in a Tuesday press conference if they won’t she will.

Why?

“It’s clear to me that this was not independent rogue actors that were unknowingly doing the same thing as they had done in many other states,” Nessel said, as Michigan Advance reports. “From a jurisdictional standpoint, we think it’s important because it allows for the federal authorities to determine if there was a conspiracy that was a multi-state conspiracy.”

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow has reported that the forged, fake documents submitted to the federal archives by seven states were almost identical, down to the text and font. (The states Republicans submitted forged documents for are Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.)

“I feel confident that we have enough evidence to charge should we decide to pursue that,” Nessel also said. “I think that it’s a better idea for the feds to pursue this.”
'It’s Long Past Time to Prosecute Phony GOP Electors'
While the story of phony electoral certificates submitted to Congress by Republican officials in five states as part of a failed attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election has caught on in a big way over the last week, it isn’t new. The phony certificates were submitted nearly a year ago and, as early as March 2, 2021, American Oversight published the documents themselves after obtaining them through the Freedom of Information Act.

Actually, there weren’t just five states in which, despite Biden having won there, Republican pseudo-electors submitted Electoral College certificates in support of Trump. There were seven. The Republicans in two of those states, however, hedged their bets. The New Mexico certificate was submitted “on the understanding that it might later be determined that we are the duly elected and qualified” electors (emphasis added). The Pennsylvania certificate was similarly qualified “on the understanding that if, as a result of a final non-appealable Court Order or other proceeding prescribed by law, we are ultimately recognized as being the duly elected and qualified Electors” (emphasis added).

The submissions from those two states deserve the benefit of the doubt. They can and should be read as contingent, belt-and-suspenders backup plans to make sure that Trump electors were identified in the event, however unlikely, that the courts reversed the election results in their states.

Not so the other five states. The phony Trump electors from each of the other five states—Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin—certified that they were in fact the “duly elected and qualified Electors for President and Vice President of the United States of America” from their respective states.

Those representations were lies.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:10 am

Some comedy from J. Eastman Esq.--
At hearing on John Eastman's efforts to block 1/6 committee from getting his emails, Doug Letter, House counsel, reveals that Eastman, law prof who authored memo on how Pence could block certification of Electoral College vote, invoked 5th Amendment {right avoid self-incrimination} 146 times.

- Michael Isikoff · Jan 24, 2022

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Who knew? Part of it was clearly cosplay, but there is such a thing as ALT-RIGHT CLOWNS
https://www.jexblackmore.com/altright-clowns

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 am

It gave me a vibe similar to those 'exclusive offers' for 'military grade binoculars' etc,
"Military Grade" means "lowest bidder".
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:14 pm

We have the wife of a sitting US Supreme Court justice supporting the coup attempt in various ways, while her husband continued to be involved in decisions directly bearing on the issues around the election. Good times.

Meanwhile Senator Cruz was working with the disgraced loser soon-to-be-former president to overturn the election.

'"Came Closer Than Widely Realized": Ted Cruz Worked "Directly With Trump" to Try to Overturn the Election'
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has bragged that he was “leading the charge” to ensure Joe Biden was not certified as the rightful winner of the 2020 election. But until now the depths and extent of his actions, including that he was “working directly with Trump to concoct a plan that came closer than widely realized to keeping him in power,” have not been widely known.

That’s according to a report by The Washington Post on Monday that reveals one day after major news outlets called the election for Joe Biden, Donald Trump, still the President of the United States, made “an urgent call” to Sen. Cruz, asking him if he would be willing to argue Trump’s just-filed case at the Supreme Court.
“Sure, I’d be happy to” if the court granted a hearing, Cruz said he responded.

The call was just one step in a collaboration that for two months turned the once-bitter political enemies into close allies in the effort to keep Trump in the White House based on the president’s false claims about a stolen election.
The Post adds another important revelation: Cruz’s longtime friend is John Eastman, the author of the “coup memos,” who retired from his post at the Chapman University School of Law after news of he memos became public. Eastman, who still serves as the chairman of an anti-LGBTQ organization, the National Organization For Marriage (NOM), is currently facing an ethics investigation from the California State Bar Assoc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:56 pm

Daddy issues. Just sayin' :tea:

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:51 pm

The court is not, generally speqking, responsible for elections. The states and congress are. If those two can't agee, the court would need to look at amendments.

Bush Gore was borderline.

The votes and ballots and machines are not identical in every county. The paper ballot should be.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:20 pm

Generally speaking, you are correct. Specifically speaking Justice Thomas weighed in on an important decision:

'Supreme Court Rejects Trump, Clears Release of Jan. 6 Papers'
Trump was seeking to override President Joe Biden’s decision to waive executive privilege. Trump argued that a former president’s need for privacy can outweigh the views of the current chief executive.

In an unsigned, one-paragraph order, the high court said the case didn’t offer the opportunity to decide that question. The justices pointed to a federal appeals court’s conclusion that Trump wouldn’t have been able to claim executive privilege even if he were still in office.

“Because the court of appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former president necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the Supreme Court said.

Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone public dissenter. He gave no explanation, saying only that he would have granted Trump’s request to block the release while the court considered whether to take up his appeal.