Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Chronicles of a Stillborn Zombie Coup

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:34 am

A day after the above post, the January 6 committee published a text sent to the former president's Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on January 3, 2021. It notes the then president's participation in a phone call during which the effort to get the then vice president to throw a wrench into the certification process was discussed.
A January 3 text to Mark Meadows: "I have details on the call that Navarro helped convene... to delay certification... including that the president participated..."

Peter Navarro must speak to the Select Committee about his role in the attempt to overturn the election.

- January 6th Committee · Apr 1, 2022

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:45 am

Junior, all aboard with the coup plan, texting the Chief of Staff. And loving it.

'"We control them all": Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows ideas for overturning 2020 election before it was called'
Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump's eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that "we have operational control" to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned.

In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN. The text is among records obtained by the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021.

"It's very simple," Trump Jr. texted to Meadows on November 5, adding later in the same missive: "We have multiple paths We control them all."

In a statement to CNN, Trump Jr.'s lawyer Alan S. Futerfas said, "After the election, Don received numerous messages from supporters and others. Given the date, this message likely originated from someone else and was forwarded."

Immediately before his text to Meadows describing multiple paths for challenging the election, Trump Jr. texted Meadows the following: "This is what we need to do please read it and please get it to everyone that needs to see it because I'm not sure we're doing it."

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:24 am

What I don't think is being emphasised in the spectacle of all this is, regardless of who any particular US citizen voted for, if the plan had succeeded then it would have effectively disenfranchised the entire electorate, rendering the principle that a citizen's vote is their most important democratic contribution to their nation redundant.

It strikes me that for a substantial chunk of the US electorate that principle has already been rendered redundant. When votes for only one candidate are considered legitimate votes then there really isn't any need for any other candidates, and ultimately there really isn't any need for voting either. This is not what people who support the 'stop the steal' narrative think they're supporting, but if the plan had succeeded then from then on even their votes wouldn't be needed to decide who their president was going to be.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:29 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:45 am
Junior, all aboard with the coup plan, texting the Chief of Staff. And loving it.

'"We control them all": Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows ideas for overturning 2020 election before it was called'
Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump's eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that "we have operational control" to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned.

In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN. The text is among records obtained by the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021.

"It's very simple," Trump Jr. texted to Meadows on November 5, adding later in the same missive: "We have multiple paths We control them all."

In a statement to CNN, Trump Jr.'s lawyer Alan S. Futerfas said, "After the election, Don received numerous messages from supporters and others. Given the date, this message likely originated from someone else and was forwarded."

Immediately before his text to Meadows describing multiple paths for challenging the election, Trump Jr. texted Meadows the following: "This is what we need to do please read it and please get it to everyone that needs to see it because I'm not sure we're doing it."
:|~

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:01 am

'Collapse' in progress ...

This one is poignant, in a 'bro, I hate to do this' sort of way. :coffee:

'Federal Jury Convicts Ex-Virginia Police Officer Who Stormed the U.S. Capitol on All Charges in Jan. 6 Trial'
A former Virginia police officer was convicted on Monday of trying to obstruct Congress on Jan. 6 and other crimes, notching prosecutors another jury trial win in a case related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol.

Thomas Robertson, a former Rocky Mount, Va. police officer, was charged in a six-count indictment with obstructing an official proceedings, entering restricted grounds, disorderly conduct inside restricted grounds and disorderly conduct inside a Capitol building. The jury ultimately found him guilty on all counts.

Early last month, Robertson’s former co-defendant, ex-K9 unit officer Jacob Fracker, pleaded down to a single conspiracy count and testified against his former friend during the trial. The March 11 plea agreement obligated Fracker to cooperate “fully, truthfully, completely and forthrightly” with the government, a deal that included trial testimony against his close friend and colleague.

Fracker reportedly called it uncomfortable to have testified against a man he used to call “Dad,” according to the local TV station WSLS.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:55 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:24 am
What I don't think is being emphasised in the spectacle of all this is, regardless of who any particular US citizen voted for, if the plan had succeeded then it would have effectively disenfranchised the entire electorate, rendering the principle that a citizen's vote is their most important democratic contribution to their nation redundant.

It strikes me that for a substantial chunk of the US electorate that principle has already been rendered redundant. When votes for only one candidate are considered legitimate votes then there really isn't any need for any other candidates, and ultimately there really isn't any need for voting either. This is not what people who support the 'stop the steal' narrative think they're supporting, but if the plan had succeeded then from then on even their votes wouldn't be needed to decide who their president was going to be.
It certainly looks like the 35-40% who never wavered in their devotion to the Leader of MAGA really don't hold democracy in high regard. They believe that they do, but they also profess to believe a blatantly false tale about how democracy was supposedly subverted when their leader lost. I agree that it deserves more attention than it is given. There likely will be a nice show if the Republicans take either or both of the houses of Congress this year.

The article below has problems, but it also covers some worthwhile ground. This clanker fairly early on colored my view of it, I think:
In November 2016, voters had a chance to repudiate [the authoritarian strain in American politics]. Instead, Trump was elected president.
Voters did repudiate that strain, by a margin of nearly three million votes. The horse-and-carriage era mummery of the American presidential election system got Trump into office, not the electorate.

'Trump Is an Authoritarian. So Are Millions of Americans'
American thinkers have been alert to the dangers of authoritarianism stoked by demagogues since the nation’s founding. In Federalist 63, James Madison warned of the danger the “infection of [the] violent passions” stoked by “the artful misrepresentations of interested men” posed to the future of the Republic. In a 1927 Supreme Court opinion, Justice Louis Brandeis cautioned that: “Those who won our independence believed … that fear breeds repression; that repression breeds hate; that hate menaces stable government.” The historian Richard Hofstadter, in 1964, labeled the weaponization of fear to attain power as the “paranoid style in American politics,” describing it as an “old and recurrent phenomenon in our public life” that “has a greater affinity for bad causes than good” and “has been frequently linked with movement of suspicious discontent.”

The political path to galvanize American authoritarianism is also well worn and documented. First, purveyors of the paranoid style conjure an “other.” Second, this other is described as different from mainstream Americans, and identified as a clear and present threat to majoritarian values and traditions. Third, the paranoid leader stokes fear that a hidden conspiracy to undermine mainstream values is afoot and alleges that the other is behind it—activating American authoritarians. Finally, in its most virulent manifestation, growing fear of the other is manipulated to rationalize actions that violate fundamental values, norms, laws and constitutional protections guaranteed to all Americans.

This path reads like the playbook guiding the Trump administration and campaign. Much of it was on view at the Republican National Convention: “They want to destroy this country,” Kimberly Guifoyle bellowed from the podium. Donald Trump Jr. warned: “Joe Biden and the radical left are also now coming for our freedom of speech, and want to bully us into submission.” American history is littered with examples of what happens when messages like these stir up their intended targets.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:35 am

And one Canadian...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:28 am

Those damn juries, what the hell are they thinking? Don't they know it was completely not the fault of anybody involved on Janurary 6th (especially not the fault of the former president)? The Deep State has them duped, probably uses aerosol drugs on them in the jury room or something.

That horrible judge, just wait till the Republicans take back the US Congress. ;ob;

'Jury convicts Jan. 6 defendant who blamed Trump for Capitol breach'
A jury on Thursday convicted the Jan. 6 defendant Dustin Thompson on all six charges he faced — including felony obstruction of Congress — rejecting his effort to blame Donald Trump’s campaign of disinformation about the election results for his conduct.

The verdict, the third conviction in three jury trials for the Justice Department, was a significant validation of prosecutors’ effort to separate the actions of individual participants in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot from the attempts by Trump to subvert the election results.

After the verdict, U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton tore into Trump for his efforts to dupe supporters into believing the election was stolen.

“I think our democracy is in trouble because, unfortunately, we have charlatans like our former president who doesn’t, in my view, really care about democracy but only about power,” Walton said.

But he reserved his harshest comments for Thompson, whom he described as “weak-minded” and part of a “gullible” throng of Trump backers who couldn’t separate his claims from reality. Walton ordered Thompson immediately detained, forgoing the typical release of defendants until their sentencing.
Yeah, how very dare those zealous rubes fall for the hard sell of that narcissist snake oil salesman. :sulk:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:16 am

Trump doesn't respect stupid people. Stupid people pay taxes and get caught in Capitol riots.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:50 am

Strike that, rump doesn't respect anyone... except maybe jared, because he manages to fuck his daughter, which I don't expect he managed.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Helping police with their enquiries...

'A High-Ranking Proud Boy Is Now Snitching for the Feds'
Federal prosecutors appear to have made their biggest breakthrough yet in their sprawling investigation into the violent riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. A high-ranking Proud Boy has flipped, agreeing to testify in any and all cases where his testimony might be “deemed relevant by the government.”

It’s the latest example of the government strengthening its case against the far-right street-fighting gang that’s become a national household name since its leaders and dozens of members have been charged in relation to the Capitol riot.

Late last week, the Justice Department announced that Charles Donohoe, leader of the North Carolina Proud Boys chapter, had pleaded guilty to two charges—conspiring to disrupt the certification of the 2020 election results, and assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers.

Donohoe was charged with conspiracy along with five prominent Proud Boys, including the group’s former national chairman Enrique Tarrio.

But Donohoe’s agreement with the government could have cascading effects beyond his case.

Plea deals were likely on the table for all defendants in the conspiracy case, and it just so happened that Donohoe bit first. “It’s a game of chicken,” said Stephen Saltzburg, a professor at George Washington Law School and former deputy assistant attorney general in the DOJ’s Criminal Division. “The one who flips first will get the best deal.”

While Donohoe’s cooperation is a major asset to the prosecution, it’s not necessarily a silver bullet. For example, it’s standard practice for defense lawyers to try to undermine the credibility of a cooperating witness by implying they were making things up, legal experts told VICE News.

“There’s always a little bit of a taint associated with someone who strikes a deal, and is essentially getting paid with a discount from the government to testify the way they want them to testify,” said Saltzburg. “Cooperating witnesses routinely get attacked by defense lawyers on the grounds that they’re only cooperating to get a deal and willing to say what the government wants to hear.”

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 pm

Wasn't Ray Epp doing the same?
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/04 ... -6-n550310
“How many FBI agents or confidential informants actively participated in the events of January 6th?” Cruz asked. Sanborn said that she couldn’t go into “sources and methods.” Cruz continued asking if any FBI agents or confidential informants participated, to which Sanborn said, “I can’t answer that.” He then asked if any of them committed crimes of violence or incited crimes? Again, she refused to answer.

Then Cruz went all-in, asking, “Who is Ray Epps?” Ray Epps is a man who has been speculated on a lot because he was very active, encouraging people to go into the Capitol, yet doesn’t appear to have been pursued by the FBI when the FBI seems to be pursuing people who so much as breathed near the Capitol that day.

Sanborn’s response? “I’m aware of the individual.” But she doesn’t disabuse anyone of the belief that he could be FBI-connected; indeed, her failure to fully respond, got even more tongues talking.

“Ms. Sanborn, was Ray Epps a fed,” Cruz asked.

“I cannot answer that,” Sanborn responded.
How much of the 'coup' was arranged by the feds? It's clear from this testimony - an undisclosed amount.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:23 pm

Of course, they weren't FBI informers on the day - but only after they'd visited the holding cell and seen the charge sheet. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:40 pm

That doesn't describe Rap Epp. He's kind of a special case. Have you looked into the recordings of his activities, or the attempted interview?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Tucker Carlson and Ted Cruz are pushing this story, eh?

How new Jan. 6 revelations on Ray Epps, others undercut Tucker Carlson’s FBI conspiracy theory
IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
There remains no evidence to support the conspiracy theory, promoted most prominently by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, that the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol was actually a false flag event orchestrated by the FBI to entrap Trump supporters.

Ray Epps, an Arizona man who Carlson and other figures have held up as a possible undercover FBI agent or informant, said he has no ties to the FBI in an interview with the House committee investigating the attack, the committee revealed.

Rally Runner, another man singled out on Carlson’s show, said on video that Carlson’s segment suggesting he was a federal agent was a “false story.”

The Justice Department hit Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes with sedition charges on Jan. 13. Until then, Rhodes was listed as “Person One” in charging documents, helping to fuel unsubstantiated claims from Carlson and others that the presence of such unnamed, unindicted co-conspirators in those documents was proof of an FBI false flag.
Drat those nasty fact checkers! :lay:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake