That idiot Crowder vs reality

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: That idiot Crowder vs reality

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:05 am

Let's also not pretend that the premise of the bill isn't that gay is something you're taught to be at school. Why else would schools need to be compelled in law not to teach gay? How does that chime with you as a (presumably) hetro guy Cunt? Did you learn to be a hetro at school? Do you think things are really so different in Texas that there needs to be a special law preventing children from being taught to be a gay?

The premise of the premise is that being a gay is a choice, and that the choice to be a gay can be unduly influenced by others. How does that chime with you as a (presumably) hetro guy? Did you choose to be a hetro - either at school or at any particular point in your life? Could you have been unduly influenced in the making of that choice?

If the premises are correct, and being a gay or a hetro is basically something you choose to be, then shouldn't people have a freedom of choice? You're for freedom of choice I take it, especially as your choice to be, say, a hetro doesn't impact anybody else any more than somebody else's choice to be a gay impacts you? If the premises are incorrect, and being a gay or a hetro isn't something you're taught to be and isn't a choice that you can be unduly swayed on--but is just something that you are--why do you think you, as a consumer of media, are being exposed to incorrect information, assumptions, and justifications for special bills like this?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:05 am
Let's also not pretend that the premise of the bill isn't that gay is something you're taught to be at school. Why else would schools need to be compelled in law not to teach gay? How does that chime with you as a (presumably) hetro guy Cunt? Did you learn to be a hetro at school? Do you think things are really so different in Texas that there needs to be a special law preventing children from being taught to be a gay?
I must have missed the part where it says not to be gay. I'm sure you can find it for us.

What age range does the bill apply to, by the way?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:14 pm

Not surprised you missed it if you haven't read the bill. Still, you could entertain the premise for the sake of argument. None of the questions I posed are left- or right-wing questions are they? And there's certainly no harm in you asking them of each other, or even of ourselves is there?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Not surprised you missed it if you haven't read the bill. Still, you could entertain the premise for the sake of argument. None of the questions I posed are left- or right-wing questions are they? And there's certainly no harm in you asking them of each other, or even of ourselves is there?
I'll entertain questions, but does the bill say something specific about gay?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 pm

Read it for yourself.

While you're mulling that over ;) here's a straightforward, non-gotcha, good-faith question. Do you think gay, or hetro, or bi, or whatever is something people are taught to be?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 pm
Read it for yourself.

While you're mulling that over ;) here's a straightforward, non-gotcha, good-faith question. Do you think gay, or hetro, or bi, or whatever is something people are taught to be?
My most honest answer? Sometimes.

It's not that simple, BP. I think 'being gay' is too unclear a term for this kind of question.

Let me ask for clarity...is 'being gay' only in the mind? Or does it depend on acting on those thoughts/desires?

As to when they are taught, is there perhaps evidence of incidence of 'gayness' in siblings? Do younger or older siblings end up gay more often? That might be a way to shed light on it...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:03 pm
As to when they are taught, is there perhaps evidence of incidence of 'gayness' in siblings? Do younger or older siblings end up gay more often? That might be a way to shed light on it...
Fraternal birth order has been correlated with male sexual orientation, with a significant volume of research finding that the more older brothers a male has from the same mother, the greater the probability he will have a homosexual orientation.

(Wikipedia)
I'm not sure what light you think that sheds, if any.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:21 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:16 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fraternal birth order has been correlated with male sexual orientation, with a significant volume of research finding that the more older brothers a male has from the same mother, the greater the probability he will have a homosexual orientation.

(Wikipedia)
o

Only that it is nurture, not nature. (at least sometimes)

Being gay is really something people are, rather than something people pick, but that doesn't mean some people don't 'learn' it, or 'choose' it.

I have a cousin, who is my age (50's) and he just sucked his first cock. He was beside himself with glee, drunkenly bragging about how he should have started it years ago. Was he always gay? Including when he made a kid with a straight chick? Or did he make a mature choice later in life?

Not clear questions, that's for sure.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:21 pm
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:

(Wikipedia)

Would you be amenable to spelling out your train of logic on this?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:

(Wikipedia)

If you could separate what you mean by 'being gay', I might be able to. It's complicated without suitable language though...

If someone feels gay, but never acts on it, are they 'gay'? (i.e. an old ahderent catholic)

If someone acts gay, but never 'feels' it, are they 'gay'? (i.e. a prostitute who just does whatever for money)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 pm
rasetsu wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 pm
Cunt wrote:
rasetsu wrote:
Cunt wrote:

(Wikipedia)

If you could separate what you mean by 'being gay', I might be able to. It's complicated without suitable language though...

If someone feels gay, but never acts on it, are they 'gay'? (i.e. an old ahderent catholic)

If someone acts gay, but never 'feels' it, are they 'gay'? (i.e. a prostitute who just does whatever for money)
I'd be happy to do so. I mean whatever it is that you referred to as 'it' in your prior post.

So, two things then. Explain what you were referring to with the pronoun 'it', and explain how you came to the conclusion you did in light of the information presented on Wikipedia at the previous link.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:08 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:48 pm
Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 pm

I'd be happy to do so. I mean whatever it is that you referred to as 'it' in your prior post.
Cunt wrote:
He was beside himself with glee, drunkenly bragging about how he should have started it years ago.

I meant 'being actively gay', the act (starting in 2022) rather than the feeling (starting ??)

So, two things then. Explain what you were referring to with the pronoun 'it', and explain how you came to the conclusion you did in light of the information presented on Wikipedia at the previous link.
I think you misunderstood, I didn't use 'it' as a pronoun, but refering to his recently-discovered sexual enjoyment. What he described as '30% bi...NO 25% lol')
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well

Post by rasetsu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:08 pm
rasetsu wrote:
I think you misunderstood, I didn't use 'it' as a pronoun, but refering to his recently-discovered sexual enjoyment. What he described as '30% bi...NO 25% lol')
I think you're confused as to which instance of 'it' I was asking about. To be explicit, you stated that in light of the faternal birth order effect described in the Wikipedia entry, you conclude, "Only that it is nurture, not nature. (at least sometimes)." Since you now appear to be referring to homosexual behaviors by 'it', I'm even more interested in how you infer that from the fraternal birth order effect. Is an explanation of 'it' in our future?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:45 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Cunt wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:08 pm
rasetsu wrote:
I think you're confused as to which instance of 'it' I was asking about. To be explicit, you stated that in light of the faternal birth order effect described in the Wikipedia entry, you conclude, "Only that it is nurture, not nature. (at least sometimes)." Since you now appear to be referring to homosexual behaviors by 'it', I'm even more interested in how you infer that from the fraternal birth order effect. Is an explanation of 'it' in our future?
ok, gotcha...lemme go through my use of 'it'.

The differences understood by most as 'gay' (being internal, or acted upon) is, at least in part, affected by environment.

It's really simple, but you haven't given me a clear way to distinguish between 'gay' (the internal feelings) and 'gay' (the homosexual activity or actions)

Is someone who never acts on their urge still considered 'gay'? Is someone who does the acts, but never likes it, still considered 'gay'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:50 pm

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 pm
Read it for yourself.

My most honest answer? Sometimes.
Fair enough. Perhaps you're right. So what might be the kind of 'sometimes' that could cause people to be taught to be gay, or hetro, or bi or whatever? In your view, are these just a few or occasional 'sometimes', which would be the usual interpretation of the term, or perhaps this is more widespread occurs more often or frequently? I'll accept for the sake of argument that some people could be taught to be gay, or hetro, or bi, or whatever 'sometimes', and would also accept that maybe society can exert a little pressure on people to fit in with, or to be, whatever is considered 'normal' at the time. But where does that get us if we can't quantify it?

My earlier questions invited you to reflect on your own experience by asking if you thought your (presumably) heterosexuality was something which was taught to you? When you look to your own experience, or to the experience of people you know, friends and family, colleagues and acquaintances, do you really think that being taught who we find attractive and/or fall in love with is learned behaviour, let alone an arbitrary choice? For hetro men, are boobs an acquired taste, like beer? Be honest now.

Frank Zappa