That idiot Crowder vs reality

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun May 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Stephen Crowder's racist rant against black farmers:

Reality:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigford_v._Glickman
With pressure on small family farms through the 20th century, both white and African American farmers were struggling to survive in the South. The USDA made its loans dependent on applicants' credit, but African Americans were discriminated against and had difficulty gaining credit. They had been disenfranchised by southern laws and policies since the turn of the century and excluded from the political system, a condition that was maintained for much of the 20th century. By the early 20th century, southern states had established one-party political rule by whites under the Democratic Party. In Mississippi, where black farmers made up 2/3 of the total of farmers in the Delta in the late 19th century, most lost their land by 1910 and had to go to sharecropping or tenant farming. Divested of political power, African Americans were even less able to gain credit. White planters used their wider political connections and power, and credit to gain monopolistic control of agricultural production.

White dominance of the Democratic Party in the South and their power on important Congressional committees meant that, during the Great Depression, African Americans were overlooked in many programs established to help struggling Americans. The New Deal programs effectively protected white farmers by shifting the risk to black tenants. Many black farmers lost their land by tax sales, eminent domain, and voluntary sales. The USDA has admitted to having discriminated against black farmers. By 1992 the number of black farmers had declined by 98%,[3] compared to a 94% decline among all groups.[4]

Studies in the late 20th century found that county and state USDA authorities, who were typically white in the South, had historically and routinely discriminated against African-American farmers on the basis of race.[5][page needed] A USDA official might overtly deny an equipment loan, telling the black farmer that "all you need is a mule and a plow", or telling the black farmer that the disaster relief is "too much money for a nigger to receive."[6] But more often, the USDA used paper-shuffling, delaying loans for black farmers until the end of planting season, approving only a fraction of black farmers' loan requests, and denying crop-disaster payments for black farmers, which white farmers were routinely granted.[6]

USDA carried out its operations through county organizations. Under such agencies as the Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service (ASCS) for instance, decisions to grant credit and benefits, and to approve or deny farm loan applications were decided by 3 to 5 committee members who were elected at the county level. Even after African Americans regained the ability to vote in the late 1960s, the committee members elected were overwhelmingly white in many jurisdictions.
  • In the Southeast, where African Americans had constituted a majority of population in many counties through the 1930s, and continued to do so in many agricultural areas, 1% of the committee members were African American.
  • In the Southwest, 0.3% of the committee members were African American.
  • In the remaining regions, not one county committee member was African American.
  • Nationwide, there were only 0.45% African American committee members.
On average it took three times longer for the USDA to process a black farmer's application than a white farmer's application.[7][page needed]

The black farmers who filed suit in the Pigford case had all been subjected to racial discrimination and humiliation by USDA officials; for instance, Mr. Steppes applied for a farm loan and it was denied. As a result, he had insufficient resources to plant crops, he could not buy fertilizer and treatment for the crops he did plant, and he ended up losing his farm. Mr. Brown applied for a farm loan. After not hearing back, he followed up and was told his loan was being processed. After not hearing more, he followed up and was told that there was no record of his application. He reapplied, but did not receive the loan until planting season was over. Additionally, his loan was "supervised", so he had to get a signature by a USDA official to take money out. It was routine for the USDA to make this a provision for black farmers, but not for white farmers. Mr. Hall lost his crops and was eligible for disaster relief payments. Every single application in his county for relief was approved by the committee except his. Mr. Beverly applied for a loan to build a farrowing house for his swine. He was told that his loan was approved, and he bought livestock in anticipation. Later, he was told the loan was denied, making his investment in livestock useless. He ended up having to sell his property to settle his debt.[7][page needed]

While the law and regulations implementing them were colorblind, the people carrying them out were not. The denial of credit and benefits to black farmers and the preferential treatment of white farmers essentially forced black farmers out of agriculture through the 20th century. African-American farms were foreclosed on more frequently. African-American farmers were subject to humiliation and degradation by USDA county officials. The USDA's Civil Rights office was supposed to investigate complaints about treatment made by farmers, but the USDA's records show this office did not operate functionally for more than a decade.[7][page needed]

During investigations of USDA policies and operations, the USDA's Secretary of Agriculture reported that the process for resolving discrimination complaints had failed. He testified that the USDA has not acted in good faith on the complaints: appeals were too often delayed and for too long; favorable decisions were too often reversed. The USDA Inspector General reported that the discrimination complaint process lacked integrity, direction, and accountability. There were staffing problems, obsolete procedures, and little direction from management, which resulted in a climate of disorder. In response, in 1998, Congress tolled the statute of limitations for USDA discrimination complaints, which allowed the Pigford class to bring this suit.
More reality:

Timeline: Black Farmers and the USDA, 1920 to Present
https://www.ewg.org/research/black-farm ... -timeline/

Note in particular how the percentage of black farmer operators drops from 14% in 1920 to 0.9% in 1997.

This is what systemic racism looks like.

And Stephen Crowder's youtube is one way that ignorant, racist idiocy spreads from one group of ignorant, racist idiots to other ignorant, racist idiots.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: That idiot Crowder vs reality

Post by Svartalf » Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm

I propose the take the job of a black farmer, while the farmer takes his, one or two years later, an assessment is made about who did better at the other's job.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun May 23, 2021 9:17 pm

Such a funny guy, especially when he's doing impressions.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun May 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:06 pm
I propose the take the job of a black farmer, while the farmer takes his, one or two years later, an assessment is made about who did better at the other's job.
One or two years later? Lacking prior training and experience they wouldn't last a day.

Anyway, the point is that the reason for the failure of many black farmers is that they were denied the financial support white farmers received. I suggest they read the article Seabass quoted.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm not surprised you guys could attack the jokes.

Funny how his roasts of other comics, like his recent takedown of Trevor Noah about stand your ground laws, aren't going to be as open for attack as his racially mixed studio troupe.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Yeah, it's just jokes. Riiiight.

I understand you wanting to defend your son's honor though, Cunt. Good on ya.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm

You aren't smart enough to address anything else he says.

Stick to the racism narrative. It will get you SO laid.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue May 25, 2021 5:56 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 pm
Seabass wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm

You aren't smart enough to address anything else he says.

Stick to the racism narrative. It will get you SO laid.
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Crowder is too smart for someone to understand!

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:59 pm

No, but you aren't smart enough to offer any criticism beyond his jokes being inappropriate.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:59 pm
No, but you aren't smart enough to offer any criticism beyond his jokes being inappropriate.
What the fuck do you think is in the OP? I provided info that contradicts his dumb narrative.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 6:04 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 pm
Cunt wrote:
What the fuck do you think is in the OP? I provided info that contradicts his dumb narrative.
I mostly skim over 'equity' bullshit like that.

Tell me, if you really do want to think this through, can equity and equality exist together?

The way I see it, one can't live with the other. Simple illustration - if everyone has an equal chance to work, but only half the people put in overtime, equity would take from the wealthy, and give to the lazy.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Tue May 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Cunt wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
I mostly skim over 'equity' bullshit like that argue from a position of willing ignorance.

Tell me, if you really do want to think this through, can equity and equality exist together?

The way I see it, one can't live with the other. Simple illustration - if everyone has an equal chance to work, but only half the people put in overtime, equity would take from the wealthy, and give to the lazy.
FIFY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 6:18 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Cunt wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
I mostly skim over 'equity' bullshit like that argue from a position of willing ignorance.

FIFY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh look, you use lies to make your point.

You must be as smart as your posts! Good job showing me :)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue May 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:04 pm
Seabass wrote:
Cunt wrote:
I mostly skim over 'equity' bullshit like that.

You didn't even skim it, jackass. Nothing to do with 'equity'.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:37 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:04 pm

You didn't even skim it, jackass. Nothing to do with 'equity'.
So you don't want to think this through. OK.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: