Palestine v Israel.

aufbahrung

Re: Palestine v Israel.

Post by aufbahrung » Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 am

Life is unfair. Both sides will be decimated twice over by the next plague, doing more damage than missiles ever could. Albeit explosions are very pretty on the news they are not always the ultimate doom for any civilization. Smallpox blanket anyone?
WeAreAStableCountry

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 am

given how the jewish side has managed to beat the recent flu plague, I'm not sure you have a point.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 25, 2021 4:33 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 am
Life is unfair. Both sides will be decimated twice over by the next plague, doing more damage than missiles ever could. Albeit explosions are very pretty on the news they are not always the ultimate doom for any civilization. Smallpox blanket anyone?
Ah, the true ebola vibe we all know and love... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 25, 2021 8:41 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:41 am
I guess the Israeli people are the real victims of an overwhelmingly superior and oppressive external military power here then, aren't they? Feel free to tout this as a religious war if it helps you keep things simple, but I don't know what light framing things in those terms sheds on the subject, let alone how it makes things any better or justifies bombing schools and maternity units.
A building was destroyed, that housed Hamas and AP reporters.

Hamas later released a statement saying that they didn't know they shared a building with terrorists.
Yeah, wilful ignorance can be a useful protection against uncomfortable truths. If it helps keep it up, but remember that doing that is a personal choice, because you have to know what you don't want to know or learn about.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 25, 2021 8:58 am

aufbahrung wrote:Life is unfair. Both sides will be decimated twice over by the next plague, doing more damage than missiles ever could. Albeit explosions are very pretty on the news they are not always the ultimate doom for any civilization. Smallpox blanket anyone?
Sometimes life is unfair. Sometimes the system is unjust. But sometimes people are unfair and operate the system unjustly, and choose to be and do so. In these circumstances people should be encouraged to hold themselves to account.

Relying on pseudo-religious fatalism to explain to oneself why someone's situation is a shitshow might salve our sense of helplessness and frustration, but ultimately it acts as a stop on challenging those with real power and influence and a bar on holding them to account.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:41 am
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
I guess the Israeli people are the real victims of an overwhelmingly superior and oppressive external military power here then, aren't they? Feel free to tout this as a religious war if it helps you keep things simple, but I don't know what light framing things in those terms sheds on the subject, let alone how it makes things any better or justifies bombing schools and maternity units.

Hamas later released a statement saying that they didn't know they shared a building with terrorists.
Yeah, wilful ignorance can be a useful protection against uncomfortable truths. If it helps keep it up, but remember that doing that is a personal choice, because you have to know what you don't want to know or learn about.
Is that like when you refuse to learn any examples of the media lying to you about police shootings?

Refusing to learn about when and why they do that is a personal choice, BP.

I watched you make it in relation to the police shootings, so I expect you'll be as informed about one side of this issue, too.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Is that like when you refuse to learn any examples of the media lying to you about police shootings?

I watched you make it in relation to the police shootings, so I expect you'll be as informed about one side of this issue, too.
Now you're just changing the subject. Water too hot for you no doubt. Just to be clear on this, what you think of as 'the media' are rarely a primary source of information for me - though I can understand why might think otherwise. If you have a 'truth' about the Palestinian people you think I need to learn bring it up, support it, cite your sources, etc, and we'll talk about it. Even better if you think it offers some sound justification for bombing schools and maternity units, target key civilian workers like doctors, or strafing buses from the air. That'd be the more productive, honest thing to do.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Now you're just changing the subject. Water too hot for you no doubt. Just to be clear on this, what you think of as 'the media' are rarely a primary source of information for me - though I can understand why might think otherwise. If you have a 'truth' about the Palestinian people you think I need to learn bring it up, support it, cite your sources, etc, and we'll talk about it. Even better if you think it offers some sound justification for bombing schools and maternity units, target key civilian workers like doctors, or strafing buses from the air. That'd be the more productive, honest thing to do.
Hamas is not 'Palistinian people', it is a military org (or government)

So tell me, does Hamas ever deliberately use schools or maternity units, to help them with their public relations?

Oh, and simple question - does Israel the country, have a right to defend itself from attack?

Another simple question - what does Hamas want from Israel? Do they want a peace they can both enjoy? Or do they want Israel wiped off the map?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Hamas is not 'Palistinian people', it is a military org (or government).
This is an incontrovertible fact.
Cunt wrote:
So tell me, does Hamas ever deliberately use schools or maternity units, to help them with their public relations?
Sometimes.
Cunt wrote:
Oh, and simple question - does Israel the country, have a right to defend itself from attack?
Yes. Do the Palestinian people?
Cunt wrote:
Another simple question - what does Hamas want from Israel? Do they want a peace they can both enjoy? Or do they want Israel wiped off the map?
Hamas want Israel gone. It's not going to happen. But Hamas are not the Palestinian people, and one should avoid confusing and/or conflating the two, in the same way that one should avoid confusing and/or conflating criticism of Isreali govt policy or action with anti-Jewish views or sentiment. I'd suggest you watch the last video I posted, but I know that you are unable to see a lot of things on YouTube.

Now, about the part of my earlier post you were responding to... Any idea what it was?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

Hamas is not 'Palistinian people', it is a military org (or government).
This is an incontrovertible fact.
Cunt wrote:
Sometimes.
Cunt wrote:
Yes. Do the Palestinian people?
Cunt wrote:
Hamas want Israel gone. It's not going to happen. But Hamas are not the Palestinian people, and one should avoid confusing and/or conflating the two,
Also conflating Jews with Israel.

Hamas, and Palestinians, have seldom convinced me (with their words) that they want any kind of peace.

It almost sounds like they, on behalf of their religion, hate them with something like racism/bigotry.

in the same way that one should avoid confusing and/or conflating criticism of Isreali govt policy or action with anti-Jewish views or sentiment. I'd suggest you watch the last video I posted, but I know that you are unable to see a lot of things on YouTube.
It's not 'unable', to be clear, I often don't bother with videos for a few reasons. Expensive data rates, consideration of others in a room, or being on the 'wrong' device (my laptop sucks ass for video)

If there is something important, you can convey it.

Now, about the part of my earlier post you were responding to... Any idea what it was?
The 'media lie' that is popular right now, is that Israel is the aggressor. Who started this fight? Was it Israel bombing an AP building? Or some assholes firing a volley of rocket attacks into Israel?

The other 'media lie' that is popular, is that in the US, black people are being hunted by racist police.

Both lies rely on the fact that most folks don't like being disagreeable. They like even less being racist.

Look to how anyone is treated when opposing the establishment narrative. Whether on climate change, corona virus or racism, media starts a frenzy with their propaganda (as eludicated a few times by whistleblowers) and carefully avoids any lies which they can be caught in.

For example, you could (maybe have) said that cops are bastards being racist. If that's true, ask yourself honestly if you think it is only one 'colour' you care about.

I'm confident there are examples of white dudes being handled just like Floyd, or black cops roughing up Hispanics, or whatever combo you care to find.

So why is media reporting so heavily on one particular colour combo? If they aren't just trying to use racism to sell their ad-space, I mean.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 25, 2021 11:28 pm

So why is media reporting so heavily on one particular colour combo?
Because that colour combo is disproportionately affected.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 31, 2021 5:08 pm

Shapiro presented a history, with a pro-Isreal perspective.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQCw
From biblical times to modern day, Ben takes us through time to explore the long history of Israel and explains the many conflicts along the way.
There is likely a video version, for those who prefer.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon May 31, 2021 6:30 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:08 pm
Shapiro presented a history, with a pro-Isreal perspective.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQCw
From biblical times to modern day, Ben takes us through time to explore the long history of Israel and explains the many conflicts along the way.
There is likely a video version, for those who prefer.
It is idiotic to get your history from a polemicist. Get your history from historians, not polemicists. You're not going to get history from a polemicist; you are going to get polemics. If want polemics, fine, go to a polemicist. But if you want history, go to a historian.

Moreover, not only is Ben Shapiro a polemicist and not a historian, he's also incredibly biased (he thinks British arch-conservatives are leftists) and stupid (he thinks solar panels drain the sun).

In short, Cunt, you are not learning history from Ben Shapiro, you are consuming propaganda.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 pm

Of course you personally attack. That shows me one very clear thing about you. I'll consider you a polemicist, and treat you as you suggest.

It's clear you don't disagree with a single fact he presented. Thanks for your 'contribution'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon May 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 pm
Of course you personally attack. That shows me one very clear thing about you. I'll consider you a polemicist, and treat you as you suggest.

It's clear you don't disagree with a single fact he presented. Thanks for your 'contribution'.
Wah! Who are you to bitch about personal attacks when half your posts contain them?

Hey, I will say this in defense of Ben Shapiro: he's not as dumb as the cretinous Stephen Crowder, so kudos to him on that front. :dunno:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka