Palestine v Israel.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Palestine v Israel.

Post by JimC » Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 pm
Palestine, the side you seemed to take, is a theocracy.
Your ignorance of the world outside Canada is breathtaking. For a start, in the current world, there is no "Palestine" as an entity which could possibly be a "theocracy". There are dispossessed Palestinians, in the Gaza strip, the West Bank and elsewhere, who have a variety of authority structures and militant groups. Some have some connection to Islamic power blocks (particularly Iran via groups in Syria and Lebanon), some are not. None are monolithic powers (in fact there is considerable in-fighting), and none could be described as a theocracy, comparable to Iran itself or the Taliban when it controlled Afghanistan. They are united in a hatred of Israel, of course, and some, certainly, want Israel to cease to exist, and some extend that hatred to Jews themselves. Significant and powerful blocks of both Palestinians and Israelis will have nothing to do with a peace settlement involving a separate Palestinian State. A bloody stalemate seems set to continue...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun May 16, 2021 12:36 am

In simple Cunt world, you are either with us (Israel) or against us. It's not possible to show nuance and understand that both sides have their issues.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:36 am
In simple Cunt world, you are either with us (Israel) or against us. It's not possible to show nuance and understand that both sides have their issues.
And yet he also defends tiki torch processions chanting "Jews will not replace us." Perhaps he just thinks those with the might simply have the right.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun May 16, 2021 12:55 am

As I said earlier, he does seem to love an oppressor.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun May 16, 2021 4:52 am

Neo-nazis must get terribly confused. They detest Jews, which makes them natural allies of many fundamentalist Muslims, yet they are also profoundly Islamophobic...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun May 16, 2021 4:55 am

I love free speech. Some like to pretend that means I support racists, when really, I support the racists AND the pretenders.

As far as free speech goes, anyway. The fact that it is for everyone is kind of the point.

As to 'oppressor', tell me, is Israel allowed to defend themselves?

Or should they just let Hamas fire rockets at their citizens?

JimC, where did you find a neonazi?

Is he in the room with you now?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun May 16, 2021 4:57 am

I suppose you don't think any real neo-nazis exist... :roll:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 am

Where is it?

Is it the gang responsible for the launches into Israel? Or is it a large contingent of your neighbourhood?

Or a boogeyman, suitable to excuse namecalling and such? :tea:
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun May 16, 2021 5:08 am

Cunt wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 pm
Palestine, the side you seemed to take, is a theocracy.

My apologies if I misunderstood you, but your insistence that they are victims made me think you were taking their side over Israel.
You have not even misunderstood because in this thread I have not expressed what side I am on at all. I have merely stated facts.

Had you actually asked me what side I am on instead of forming wrong assumptions, I would have pointed you in the direction of a couple of posts I contributed to a thread titled "Is/Has your sympathy (if you had it) running out for Israel?" eleven years ago. Here is one:
Hermit wrote:
Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 am
As far as I am concerned the 1948 establishment of the Israeli nation is a case of UN sanctioned theft. So, no sympathy from that angle. However, the difference between it and its neighbours is obvious. Unlike them, Israel has at least a modicum of democracy, and it is a lot less theocratic and repressive on its own people than they are. I will support almost any foreign policies it implements because of what I think of its neighbouring nations. One of them is their refusal to subscribe to a "nuclear arms free middle east". Those weapons are probably the best means for deterring the governments of its surrounding countries, none of which care about human rights at all, from pushing the Jews into the sea, which is what they have actively tried to do with massive efforts in 1967 and 1973.

In short, the sentiment of sympathy is irrelevant. I simply prefer the existence of Israel to the existence of the despicable arsehole scum governments that surround it. May the threat of nuclear annihilation hang forever over their heads like the sword of Damocles. Pity about the millions of ordinary people, though, whose chief preoccupation is to eke out a mere subsistence living.
Here is part of the other:
Hermit wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:37 am
I prefer the existence of Israel to the despicable arsehole scum governments, none of which give a rat's arse about the human rights of their own people, that surround it. I want undemocratic, theocratic governments that use the qur'an in general and sharia law in particular in order to keep even their own people under their thumbs gone.

[...]

The existence of Israel, unlike the establishment of Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan et cetera, is based on theft. I would care about that if there were any redeeming features to be found among any of the governments that surround it. I really would.
(Emphasis added just now.)

Even though Israel has become somewhat worse under Benjamin Netanyahu's leadership, I have not changed my mind on the matter. I have merely become a little less enthusiastic about my support for Israel and a little less vocal about the nations that surround it. As for the Palestinian people (not, I am not referring to the Palestinian leadership), they are just the meat in the sandwich.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun May 16, 2021 6:12 am

Sorry, thanks for pulling that up.

The Palestinians who fire rockets are fair targets.

The ones who give them the keys to the roof might be.

The ones who supply their logistical support might be.

It quickly gets too complicated to see from back here, but every time I have doubts, I can easily just tune in to hear what is being said about the Jews. Often an easy bit of information.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun May 16, 2021 6:24 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:12 am
The Palestinians who fire rockets are fair targets.
Quite. How dare they fight to get their stolen lands back?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 am

Land can't be stolen, only occupied. And then for only so long as the situation allows. Israel is really a advanced European conclave in a backwards quarter of the world with a long history of inter-ethnic strife to prove it. Obviously Israel will swallow Palestine first and then over a few hundred years replace the populace of the entire middle east. It has hybrid vigour both cultural and genetic on its side. Against a monotheistic chauvinistic homophobic and generally intolerant Middle Eastern culture of forever hating on the neighbours religion, religion. Where in gated communities it projects civility and outside of which a inhuman cruelty. Communism in other words, under the guise of a religion.
WeAreAStableCountry

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun May 16, 2021 9:25 am

That was almost coherent. What have you done with Crumple?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am

aufbahrung wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 am
Land can't be stolen, only occupied. And then for only so long as the situation allows.
Oh, look at that. We got ourselves a bush-lawyer or something. While a person can be regarded as the owner of a plot of land, depriving that owner from living on it without consent and compensation, said land is in fact stolen.

aufbahrung

Post by aufbahrung » Sun May 16, 2021 10:06 am

Ownership backed up with nukes is 9 and half tenths of the law, you realise?
WeAreAStableCountry