Vaccine Thread (Beyond Coronavirus thread)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Vaccine Thread (Beyond Coronavirus thread)

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:48 am

In Tonga being fat is a signifier of great vitality and power.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:03 am

My grandparents were born in the late 1800s. Being of what is considered now as desirable weight was then regarded as a sign of ill health and poverty. When my grandfather finished school he was conscripted, which he did not mind. He wanted to serve the Kaiser anyhow, so he applied to become a member of the imperial guard. Though he made the minimum height he was deemed of insufficient weight. By wearing a belt specifically designed to add bulk and with help of discreetly offered Reichsmarks he passed the second medical, but that meant he had to wear that belt for two years without his commanding officers finding out.

He looked convincing enough and finished his service as a captain. His promotions probably had more to do with his parents' social standing than anything else. They were very well established members of the Prussian Junker class. That's how stuff worked at the time. Serving in an imperial guard regiment added to the prestige. Officers had to pay for their own uniforms, horses and batmen. That, in addition to being well filled out, was proof of wealth, which also meant "good breeding".

My grandparents were forever worried that my mother was not keeping me and my siblings sufficiently well fed. My grandmother in particular kept pinching me lightly to check up on how much fatty roll there was. Much advice was given to my mother on what food will eventually get it to a healthy size. Disappointment and disapproval about the lack of progress was constant.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 am

My pal was complaining he got every fucking side-effect they listed. Of course, he just meant the flu like symptoms and extra boob under the armpit (which is sexy a f ) but it's funny anyway. Maybe my second shot will be similar.

The headline in the local paper today was that we will reach 'herd immunity' fairly shortly.

Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:09 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:48 am
If you look at Eddie at his 2016 peak, a casual observer would say he WAS fat. When you pack SO FUCKING much strength into a core, it has to be big. I saw abs, and he was well over 300lbs (don't remember exactly, with his fucking crude 'stones' system)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:46 am

I have no idea what you are talking about.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:56 am

Does he?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:05 am

They can take me as a test subject!

Take every vaccine being developed, pop 'em all in a syringe, and shove it in my arm! Yeah baby!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:45 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:09 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:48 am
If you look at Eddie at his 2016 peak, a casual observer would say he WAS fat. When you pack SO FUCKING much strength into a core, it has to be big. I saw abs, and he was well over 300lbs (don't remember exactly, with his fucking crude 'stones' system)

pErv
Skip to 1:20, if you are in a hurry.

This video is the strongest man you have ever seen, doing the strongest proof that has ever been so well documented.

His 'fat' is a curious question, because of his ludicrous proportions.

Usually described with %bodyfat, that measure generally corresponds with appearance. His being all fucked up arithmetically, the usual glance can't tell.

The math isn't the same, when a guy carries 200lbs more muscle than the humans it was designed to serve.

I amen't good at maths. Maybe I shouldn't try to describe it to someone who doesn't have an interest in body composition/body building.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:51 am

"The Mountain" from Game of Thrones has been the world's strongest man for a number of years running. He broke the deadlift world record last year I believe.

Edit to add video. Seriously big man. 6 foot 9. :o

Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 am

Well, I believe what he said, but Eddie (a pro in the sport) rejects the technical claim because it was his Dad 'vetting' him, in his home, without enough external checks.

I personally think the Mountain wasn't able to document it as well, though if true, he beat Eddie on weight. So same as Eddie, but I'm really trusting that he knows the technical rules of his sport well. Haven't heard Mountain's response to the criticism, but he strikes me as a pro too, so probably thoughtful.

It's a technical sport, so IF the technicalities matter, it matters.

Either one serves the point though. They are CLEARLY not 'fat', but estimating their body fat percentage by eye is extra-fuckity because of all the insensible mass.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:21 am

A friend who's 30 but with a rare form if diabetes has her appointment. I'm so chuffing chuffed for her. She's been shielding for a year.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:47 pm

A recent survey about vaccination intentions in Australia shows clear divisions based on political positions:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-05/ ... y/13203170
An exclusive survey on the COVID-19 vaccine in Australia has found "stark" differences in attitudes depending on a person's political persuasion — what one expert describes as part of a "concerning trend" seen in the US and parts of Europe.

As Australia's vaccine rollout slowly gathers pace, with the first jabs of the AstraZeneca vaccine set to take place in South Australia today, the survey found 72 per cent of Australians are "very likely" to get a COVID-19 vaccine — the highest level since the ABC began asking the Australian population, back in April 2020.

Yet according to the survey conducted by Vox Pop Labs — the same team that worked on the Australia Talks and Vote Compass surveys — the number of people "very unlikely" to get the vaccine has also grown since last year, up to 10 per cent.
According to Professor Leask, a World Health Organization advisor, the most startling trend to come out of the survey was the big difference in vaccine acceptance depending on a person's political persuasion.

In late September — the last time the survey by the team was conducted — 11 per cent of those people identifying to the right side of politics said they were "very unlikely" to take the vaccine, compared to 6 per cent of those in the "centre" and 5 per cent for those on the "left".

The latest survey now shows substantial growth in that figure, with 19 per cent on the right now saying they're "very unlikely" to take the vaccine. That compares to 8 per cent of those identifying with the centre and 4 per cent for those on the left.

"My eyes widened when I saw that," Professor Leask said.

"It is a concerning emerging trend, the left-right divide is quite stark.

"We must remember most people on the left and the right are willing to vaccinate, [the] data shows this.

"But what we don't want to see with immunisation in Australia is a political polarisation around it, we don't want to go the way of the US and parts of European countries where we see even bigger divides in the attitudes between the left and the right."
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:51 pm

Maybe if the Australian right hears about how dirty Italians want to steal their vaccine, they'll change their opinion?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -australia

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:56 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:51 pm
Maybe if the Australian right hears about how dirty Italians want to steal their vaccine, they'll change their opinion?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -australia
Yeah, I saw that on our ABC. However, it will only delay things - we will soon start to manufacture that vaccine under licence in Melbourne...
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:27 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-05/ ... 2/13220254
The first locally produced doses of the AstraZeneca vaccines will be administered in just over a fortnight.

Speaking after a meeting of National Cabinet, Federal Health Department secretary Brendan Murphy said the CSL facility in Melbourne was on track to deliver the first batch of doses in the week starting on March 22.

"A million doses-plus a week, which gives us the capacity to really ramp up and broadly vaccinate our population as quickly as possible," he said.

The vaccine has been approved for use in Australia, but the initial 300,000 doses were produced overseas.
And my gin!