All Things Trump: the story continues...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: All Things Trump: the story continues...

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:38 am

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:05 am

Speaking of gravy trains ...

'Trump was "extremely disciplined in grifting" and trying to use the presidency to make money, expert on fascism says'
Donald Trump pursued a unique goal as former president of the United States; an objective that required extreme discipline and dedication from the unlikely leader, according to an expert on authoritarianism.

"Trump's aims as president were totally different from any other president, Republican or Democrat," Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a historian at New York University and expert on fascism, told Insider. "His aims were autocratic in that he wanted to turn public office into a vessel of making money for himself; to have private profit off of public office."

In the congressional committee's second televised hearing earlier this week, lawmakers focused on Trump's massive fundraising efforts following the 2020 presidential election, in which his campaign sent millions of emails to supporters claiming "the left wing mob" was threatening the integrity of the election and encouraging potential donors to "step up" and "fight back."

According to investigators, Trump's lies about voter fraud ultimately resulted in $250 million in donations from Trump supporters following President Joe Biden's November victory. Most of the money raised ended up in a PAC that made significant contributions to pro-Trump organizations and businesses, the panel said.

"The sad thing is that autocrats can be very loved by their followers, and people genuinely love Trump. He has a real personality cult," she said. "But they despise their followers and they use them. And that's where him grifting off of his followers [comes in]. Because he is not grifting off of Democrats; he's grifting off of his followers, he's bilking his own followers."

Trump's presidential penchant for money-making started long before the 2020 election, according to Ben-Ghiat. In his first three years as president, Trump spent nearly a third of his days at a Trump-branded property, The Washington Post found in December 2019.

The former president's money-making schemes even date back to before he won the presidency. When he was campaigning the first time, Trump was under investigation for defrauding people through Trump University. The grifting, Ben-Ghiat said, is his "model."

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:36 am

His dad was a landlord. Exploiting the people who rely on you is in his blood.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:21 pm

An all-caps 'truth' from the bloated mountebank. He 'DEMANDS.'

You know, as one does.
I DEMAND EQUAL TIME!!!

- Donald J. Trump June 16, 2022 [archived]
Apparently displeased with all the horrible lies the January 6 committee has been trying to tell the American public. :hehe:
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 pm

Take it up with the union Donald. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:33 pm

078464DC-0D58-4439-87F2-C0694762BD33.jpeg
I had imagined Pence holed up in some dark basement with sewer pipes overhead when the Trump insurrection were out to get him. But here he is, holed up. Someone is pulling curtains so he can't be seen. Who knew, I'm older than that old fart Pence. I bet he does not listen to Foo Fighters, though.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am

Tero wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:33 pm
I bet he does not listen to Foo Fighters, though.
Probably a Led Zeppelin fan.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:32 am

7 days ago
The 45th president would unseat Biden by a 47% to 41% margin, according to the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll published by The Hill. However, 12% of voters are undecided.

What will Biden have to show by 2024? One lousy judge. trump got 3.

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:36 pm

I think we're headed for a dictatorship, yo. A Trumpian dynasty.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:30 pm

rasetsu wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:36 pm
I think we're headed for a dictatorship, yo. A Trumpian dynasty.
The second amendment will prevent that, obviously.
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:04 pm

But we democrats don't have guns, or if we have them, we forgot bullets and practice.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:46 pm

Tero wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:04 pm
But we democrats don't have guns, or if we have them, we forgot bullets and practice.
Antifa will attack with sharpened dildos and pineapples.
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:43 pm

:hehe:

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:18 am

Either Tribe or Aftergut came up with a pretty good line describing the former president-- 'delusions of candor.'

'An "I-believed-my-own-lies" defense won't work for Trump'
On June 13, the House Select Committee investigating Jan. 6 heard testimony devastating to Donald Trump. It came from many former Trump allies, including former Attorney General William Barr.

Barr testified that Trump “wasn’t listening” when Barr explained that Trump’s claims of widespread voter fraud were “bullshit.” Barr said there was “no indication of interest in what the actual facts were,” and mused: “I thought, boy, if he really believes this stuff, he has, you know, lost contact with, become detached from reality.”

Some have expressed the idea that such testimony might support a credible defense for Trump to any potential criminal charges — because he was deluded enough to believe his own BS. According to this misguided theory, Trump lacked the “criminal intent” necessary for conviction because he didn’t think he was doing anything wrong.

Incorrect. The law distinguishes between refusing to accept inconvenient truth to get your way and mental disturbance sufficient to excuse illegality, between adopting strategic blindness and not knowing your facts from a hole in the ground.

Judges commonly instruct juries that “willful blindness” to facts in front of you establishes criminal intent. A drug courier handsomely paid to carry a closed package into the United States doesn’t get off the hook by saying, “I never looked inside it.”

A future D.C. jury is no more likely to be conned by a Trump defense of “delusional thinking” than an April D.C. jury was fooled by Jan. 6 Capitol invader Dustin Thompson’s defense that he was just “following Trump’s orders.” That jury deliberated just three hours before convicting Thompson.

As for Trump, notice how attached to reality he was on Jan. 3, 2021, when he met with Acting AG Jeffrey Rosen, Deputy AG Richard Donoghue, White House Counsel Pat Cipollone and Jeffrey Clark, Trump’s mole at the DOJ: Trump was set to replace Rosen with Clark, who, unlike Rosen, would issue the false letter Trump wanted, saying that the DOJ was investigating substantial claims of voter fraud in Georgia and elsewhere. Trump backed off when he learned that the entire Justice Department leadership, along with Cipollone, would resign. Trump recognized that naming Clark as acting AG wasn’t “worth the breakage.” That kind of calculating risks and rewards is not the trademark of someone detached from reality.

Nor was Trump delusional in the aftermath of the election when, the House select committee alleges, he scammed supporters for $250 million on behalf of an “Election Defense Fund” that didn’t exist. The money went to his political causes and reportedly paid Don Jr.’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, $60,000 for a two-minute speech on Jan. 6.

The only delusions that might surprise us from a lifelong practitioner of manipulation and deceit like Trump would be “delusions of candor.”
Approximately 60% of Americans are not buying those delusions, and say that he should be criminally charged.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:36 am

Do you think it will actually happen? Forgiving former presidents for their misdemeanours seems to be a thing in the US. Got to think of bipartisanship.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.