AmeriKKKa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: AmeriKKKa

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:05 pm

The last thing D.C. needs is another building named after a white man.
On January 26, 2022, the D.C. Public Library Board of Trustees voted to name the auditorium of Martin Luther King Jr. Public Library after Jeff Bezos. A library dedicated to civil rights activist, abolitionist, wealth equality and labor rights advocate Martin Luther King Jr. cannot also be home to a dedication to one of the wealthiest men in the world, accomplished through an exploitive company actively facing labor rights complaints.
https://www.change.org/p/d-c-public-lib ... -en-us%3A0
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:24 pm

Any sane person --and we are impossibly rare-- wouldn't feel right about it.

--//--

But to see the petition creator's head explode...might be worth it... :dunno:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:28 am

Future generations: "The Jeff Bezos auditorium of Martin Luther King Jr. Public Library! Those guys must have been sooo cool."
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:22 am

Jeff's role in the civil rights movement has been understated.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:58 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:22 am
Jeff's role in the civil rights movement has been understated.
Nobody acknowledges his excellent relationship with unions, or how he even allows his delivery boys and girls to piss in drink bottles. He never fires any of his employees either. That's done by some computer algorithm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:17 am

He never docked his workers wages for staying home during a tornado warning which destroyed their Amazon warehouse either.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:16 am

My favorite part is when she points out that because 2 million is nothing to him, it's not a real sacrifice... :?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:54 am

It takes all kinds. Like it or not. Preferably this kind would not be in a position of authority over elections.

Apparently there is video, but I've included the link to the offending post as it appears in the story below. I think in some jurisdictions it would qualify as criminal hate speech without question. Using a significant racial slur and calling for lynchings is a bit on the nose.

Then again, it's local news and not some highly respected YouTuber or podcaster, so probably fake. Yeah, that's it.

'Chair of Hampton Electoral Board accused of racist post, called upon to resign'
The Chairman of the Hampton GOP has called upon the appointing authority for all electoral board members to remove Electoral Board Chair David Dietrich from his position because of racist comments posted on Facebook.

A racist Facebook post believed to be posted by Dietrich came to light last week.

“In the post, Mr. Dietrich uses abhorrent and unacceptable racist language that has no place in our Party or our Commonwealth,” stated a news release from the Republican Party of Hampton. The organization’s Facebook Page includes a screenshot of a disturbing post attributed to Dietrich.

Hampton GOP Chairman Philip Siff spoke with WAVY News 10 Friday morning confirming the call for Dietrich’s resignation. At this time, he said Dietrich has refused to resign.

Fellow Electoral Board member, Rebecca Winn, issued a statement saying: ” Given the history of race-based voter suppression in eastern Virginia, I think it’s appropriate for Dietrich to resign. It is our duty to protect all voters and the people of Hampton should feel comfortable knowing their rights will be protected.”

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:04 am

They hadn't got the memo.

'"Racism--Pure and Simple": Buffett Lender Redlined Philly-Area Homebuyers, Says DOJ'
The U.S. Justice Department announced Wednesday that a mortgage company owned by billionaire businessman Warren Buffett engaged in an illegal "pattern or practice of lending discrimination" by "redlining" in the Philadelphia area, and will pay $20 million in a settlement agreement.

The DOJ, which launched a Combatting Redling Initiative last October, is calling the deal the first it has ever reached with a nonbank lender and the second-largest settlement in the agency's history involving the illegal practice of denying mortgage loans to potential homebuyers of color.

The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau alleged in a complaint filed Wednesday that from at least 2015 until 2019, Trident Mortgage Company—which is owned by Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc.—violated the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act by avoiding "providing home loans and other home mortgage services in majority-minority neighborhoods" in metropolitan Philadelphia, including in New Jersey and Delaware. The lender also "discouraged those living in, or seeking credit to purchase properties in, these neighborhoods from seeking or applying for credit from Trident."

"This settlement is a stark reminder that redlining is not a problem from a bygone era. Trident's unlawful redlining activity denied communities of color equal access to residential mortgages, stripped them of the opportunity to build wealth, and devalued properties in their neighborhoods," said Kristen Clarke, assistant attorney general of the U.S. Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, announcing the deal.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:46 am

$20m doesn't seem like very much. I wonder how much Trident made on Philly mortgage services during that period?

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:30 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:46 am
$20m doesn't seem like very much. I wonder how much Trident made on Philly mortgage services during that period?
Yeah it's a wrist-slap, but that's the American way. Wouldn't want to actually cause real pain to the corporate persons. They are far more important to the US government than flesh and blood citizens when it comes down to it.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:59 am

Of course the fellow had a good reason to be firing his pistol at a person. We can wait for the real explanation and justification. It's mainstream media and woke authorities; you know they can't be trusted...

'Black Airbnb guest shot while walking to grocery store, officials say'
A California man has been charged with felony assault, accused of shooting a Black man renting a nearby Airbnb property as he walked to a grocery store, in what prosecutors called an “unprovoked attack.”

Mark Waters, 66, was charged with felony assault with a semi-automatic firearm resulting in great bodily injury and personal use of a firearm, the Santa Clara County district attorney's office announced Friday, two months after the Oct. 2 shooting in San Jose.

Further charges may come, as law enforcement is investigating potential hate crime allegations.

The 21-year-old victim had left his Airbnb rental to walk to a nearby grocery store on the night of the shooting, prosecutors said. He was unarmed.

When he crossed the street, he saw Waters exit a home and “quickly approach him while holding a black handgun,” the district attorney’s office said.

The victim tried to run to safety, but prosecutors alleged that Waters, whom they described as white, fired a single gunshot as his back was turned. As a result, the victim suffered “serious injuries” to his leg, they said.

Police rendered first aid to the victim. Video of the shooting was also obtained from a nearby neighbor, prosecutors said.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:35 am

Walking while black. I wonder why it took so long to bring charges.

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:59 am

12-09-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 4825 Beechaven Street

12-09-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 8695 Mesa Drive

12-08-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 2465 South Kirkwood Road

12-08-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 8955 Broadway Street

12-07-22 Persons of Interest Sought in Fatal Shooting at 1600 Sam Wilson Street

12-06-22 Investigation into Shooting Incident at 3219 Main Street in Stafford

12-05-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 7903 Bowen Street

12-05-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 11555 Fuqua Street

12-05-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 18200 Katy Freeway

12-02-22 Investigation into Fatal Shooting at 3030 Summer Place

12-01-22 Suspect Arrested, Charged in Shooting at 5334 Washington Avenue
—freedom burger

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:07 am

—do one for 12 Days of Christmas? A holiday shooter’s calendar? That’s just a week in one city, and it’s not even all of them.