The state of the UK

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm

About bloody time too. The present system has been unworkable for the last 20 years or more. Do you know when the NL got their assisted dying regs in place Scot?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:04 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm
About bloody time too. The present system has been unworkable for the last 20 years or more. Do you know when the NL got their assisted dying regs in place Scot?
Look it up Brian. Next week I am going to talk to my GP. It is enough.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 am

The whole system is well policed by doctors and health care workers. It takes a few months to be organised if you are not critically sick and you have to have approval of two psychologists and two independent doctors but normally there is no problem. The biggest problem can be the attitude of the family.
There is a large movement of elderly people wishing to end their lives but are perfectly healthy. They claim their lives are complete and just want to end it out off free will. The government were going to have a debate this year but due to the delay in the Cabinet formation it will next year but it looks as if it will succeed.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:48 am

Chumocracy reigns at all levels:

Prince Charles ‘cash-for-honours’ scandal grows with fresh allegations
Prince reportedly ‘met at least nine times’ with William Bortrick, the alleged fixer at heart of the claims

Clarence House is facing fresh questions over further revelations in the royal “cash-for-honours” scandal involving middlemen who reportedly took cuts for setting up meetings between wealthy donors and the Prince of Wales.

Prince Charles “met at least nine times” with William Bortrick, the alleged fixer at the heart of the claims, who is said to have received thousands of pounds to secure an honour for a Saudi billionaire and brokered a personal thank you letter from Charles to a Russian donor, the Sunday Times reported.

Clarence House has previously said it had “no knowledge” of the practice of paid intermediaries arranging access to the royal family or honours in exchange for donations to the prince’s charities.

Meanwhile, the Mail on Sunday reported that Charles met Bruno Wang, who describes himself as a Chinese philanthropist and donated £500,000 to the prince’s charity, the Prince’s Foundation.

The newspaper claimed that Wang is wanted in Taiwan for alleged money laundering and being a fugitive from justice, allegations he strongly denies, and drew comparisons between Wang and the Russian banker Dmitry Leus.

Leus was likewise accused of money laundering and made a donation of £500,000 to the foundation. Leus’s conviction was overturned.

The Russian banker reportedly received two invitations to private events at Charles’s royal residences in Scotland, allegedly secured by Bortrick. They were both cancelled because of the pandemic and concerns about the donor’s past.
Probably needs the money for Hundred a Day's habit and his own judging by his teeth. The British royal family and our own are great puffers.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:44 am

Charlie doesn't have to do this for the money - so he's doing it simply because it's within his power.

Eat the lot of them I say. :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:30 am

It is not going to be a good winter for many in the UK:

No 10 is warned energy crisis and cuts could plunge households into hardship
Senior Tories say thousands face ‘very, very difficult’ winter due to rising living costs and cut to universal credit

Hundreds of thousands of Britons face a “very, very difficult” winter thanks to rising household costs, No 10 has been warned, as firms said the energy price shock could trigger a three-day week for factories and further gaps on supermarket shelves.

Senior Tories were among those urging Downing Street to wake up to the threat of food shortages and households being plunged into hardship because of rising energy bills combined with the universal credit cut and next year’s rise in national insurance.

Damian Green, a former cabinet minister who was deputy to Theresa May, warned of the prospect of “very, very difficult times ahead for hundreds of thousands of people in this country”, while Robert Halfon, a Tory former business minister, called for the government to consider scrapping or reducing the 5% VAT on energy bills.

Labour said many households would be crippled by the “triple whammy” of energy price rises, the NI rise and universal credit cut.

Labour will also force an opposition day debate in the House of Commons on Tuesday on the government’s planned cut to UC, which will see 6 million families lose over £1,000 a year.
Chumocracy in action: the poor are once again paying for the rich.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:30 am
It is not going to be a good winter for many in the UK:
Stop complaining. The Developed World is doing its best to keep Global Warming coming.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 am

Another unsupported claim. Will you just grow up. The whole human race is responsible.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 am

I'm not responsible. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:10 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 am
Another unsupported claim. Will you just grow up. The whole human race is responsible.
Except for the Dutch. The Dutch have bicycles. Bicycles fix everything.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 am
I'm not responsible. :tea:
No? Do you live in a self maintained bubble?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:13 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:10 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Except for the Dutch. The Dutch have bicycles. Bicycles fix everything.
I wish they could Hermit but we are not that naive as some.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
We're all responsible. But some are more responsible than others. The developed world has contributed to the vast majority of climate change.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.