The state of the UK

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm

You're confusing 'offending religious nutters' with targeting someone for harassment and abuse based on their religion. Can't say I'm surprised though.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Hundreds of thousands of predominantly black and Asian service personnel who died fighting for the British Empire have not been formally commemorated in the same way as their white comrades because of decisions underpinned by “pervasive racism”, an investigation has concluded.

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is expected to issue a formal apology on Thursday after it discovered that at least 116,000 – but potentially up to 350,000 – predominantly African and Middle Eastern first world war casualties may not be commemorated by name, or at all.

Their investigation findings, seen by the Guardian and set to be announced by the defence secretary, Ben Wallace, in the House of Commons, also estimated that between 45,000 and 54,000 African and Asian casualties were commemorated “unequally”...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ian-troops
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm
You're confusing 'offending religious nutters' with targeting someone for harassment and abuse based on their religion. Can't say I'm surprised though.
Yes, it becomes sanction worthy when it specifically targets an individual for vilification. There could be no legal sanction against an article which savagely attacked Islam as a particularly vile example of a religion, although there would certainly be counter attacks by some elements on the left, particularly if they thought that the critique was a disguised racial slur. It would be important when making such an attack on Islam to show that no racial vilification was intended.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:35 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Yes, it becomes sanction worthy when it specifically targets an individual for vilification. There could be no legal sanction against an article which savagely attacked Islam as a particularly vile example of a religion, although there would certainly be counter attacks by some elements on the left, particularly if they thought that the critique was a disguised racial slur. It would be important when making such an attack on Islam to show that no racial vilification was intended.
I know that is one popular opinion on it. The corporate one, it seems.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:35 pm
JimC wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
It's not an opinion, it's a fact about the limited reach of the law.

And you seem to see corporations as a lot more left-wing and progressive than they are in reality. At times, they will trim their sails to the wind of popular opinion, but their motives for doing so are 100% hard-edged and financial.
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:44 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 pm
their motives for doing so are 100% hard-edged and financial.
That's exactly why I distrust their support of movements like nike painting the rainbows on their stuff. Corporate skeeze could ruin anything.

Just look at how disappointing the Canadian cannabis changes have made the 'business', for another merry example.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:35 pm
JimC wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Oh, here we go again. Other people just soak their opinions and values up from corporation whereas you're too smart to let that happen. It's nonsense, and you know it - unless you can show a direct correlation between corporations, this case, the verdict, and the sentence of course. What would you like to see instead eh? People being free to target, harass, intimidate, threaten and abuse whoever they like all in the name of 'liberty'? If you want to paint this as some kind of outrageous affront to decency, fairness, and justice you're going to have to work harder than that I'm afraid.

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:44 pm
JimC wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 pm
their motives for doing so are 100% hard-edged and financial.
That's exactly why I distrust their support of movements like nike painting the rainbows on their stuff. Corporate skeeze could ruin anything.

Just look at how disappointing the Canadian cannabis changes have made the 'business', for another merry example.
Their support or lack thereof for any given cause has absolutely zero effect on how I might view that cause. I gain neither trust or distrust from their actions. They may jump on a bandwagon because they think it will benefit their bottom line, but that says nothing about that bandwagon, other than perhaps it is becoming popular.
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 am

Yeah, corporate 'greenwashing' is a perfect example - particularly among the fossil fuel sector. They jump on that bandwagon because they know appearing to care about the environment appeals to people, but to listen to Cunt you'd think that people only care about the environment because the corporations are greenwashing.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 am

Like greenwashing, but more like hi-jacking a 'cause'.

How many who support the sentiment of BLM do not support the corporate shenanigans?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:28 am

I don't know, how many who support the sentiment of BLM do not support the corporate shenanigans?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:05 am

And what the fuck are the particular corporate shenanigans Cunt means this time? I mean, there are no shortage of them to go around, but exactly which ones are supporting violent Marxist revolution this time? Enquiring minds want to know... :tea:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:11 am

There are always some, with big corporations.

Here's one I found, in a very quick search...
https://news.yahoo.com/facebook-blocks- ... 56058.html
Hours after publishing the short news item focusing on one of the activists’ many homes, Vincent published a longer profile of Khan-Cullors, noting that property records — public information — show how the BLM leader has bought “four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone” since 2016.
Corporate shenanigans are what it looks like. It's a story because, I think, a lot of BLM supporters do not support this part.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:14 am

Is your information just that, or are you implying that a black man could never achieve the financial success lauded by the American dream without corrupt payments being involved?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 am

Why don't you read a bunch of unflattering things into it about me, and I'll just ignore it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: